Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MPH

Leicester 2 Burnley 1 Post match thread

to go 1 down and come back to win the game shows the character in the team, some players was bound to be leggy after the international break and we still came away with 3 points.

Carry on in this fashion and we could well end up in the top 4 come the end of the season, lots to improve though and VAR even it out for the Mane dive last week.

26 minutes ago, car1os said:

Not seen the disallowed goal but to me it looks like Garth Crooks is spouting some rollox...

"Sean Dyche is furious but it looks like is it is a push. You can see that Jonny Evans says straight away that he was pushed in the back. If he was not pushed, he would have cleared it. That's what VAR is for but for me that is a goal. I feel like that they have interpreted it wrong. I think Sean Dyche has every right to be furious."

So, hang on... if its a push, its a foul.  If he would have cleared it, it would not have been a goal.  So how has VAR got it wrong??

Fvck him, bug-eyed trout. 

• Haha 3

10 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

:nigel:

Great result but very mediocre performance. I’m struggling to think who was MOTM - probably Ricardo on balance but I felt we were quite naive in that match throughout and think their second goal should have stood. But at the end of the day this was always going to be a big test and we passed regardless of if it was by hook or by crook.

We won’t always be at our best and to be fair overall the style of play was still quite good even if Soyuncu must have had about 500 touches from passes back to him. For me the biggest culprits today were Chilwell and Perez. Perez will get flamed on here for his terrible clearances but for me it was actually his lack of support in a forward role that concerns me. I was at the game and I feel he is too passive compared to Barnes and Gray who dared to take on their man and take a risk which was needed against a team like Burnley. 

What have we learned?

- We have a good manager that kept a young team composed to avoid a potential banana skin. 

- We have the capability to come from behind - that’s three times we’ve salvaged something already this season. 

- We have a good squad. I felt Praet and Gray positively influenced the game and there was no real standout performer though I was very impressed by Maddison when he was on. 

- We have a lot of room for improvement. From a coaching point of view Rodgers has done so much in a short space of time but this team still could improve another 20-30% easily IMO and given our league position that is super exciting!

Also shout out to @Foxhateram who having met twice in real life is now my all time favourite poster on FT! Top fella! 🤩

That one attack about 6/7 minutes in in the first half was absolutely breathtaking. Cut them to shreds. Looking forward to seeing more of that.

A very hard fought win, I didn't expect Burnley to be that decent, they gave us a very tough game.

First half was boring, lack of quality in the final third until Barnes ditched out a magnificent cross for Vardy.

Second half we had a great spell around 60 minutes, thoroughly deserved to take the lead but Burnley kept battling on, last 10 minutes we lacked control and we got a bit lucky in the end.

The kind of performance where you'd rate the players 6 or 7, I'd give Tielemans MOTM just because he scored the winner.

Not pretty but a wins a win, thank god for VAR ;) 

• Like 3

Tough game as expected. 

Burnley set up fairly deep with Wood and Rodriguez up top. Always gonna be difficult to break a side like that down but when you have a positive manager in charge you end up getting something out of it. With Puel that game gets lost 1-0. They tried to do a job on Maddison and Tielemans to mark them out the game but their movement in and around the box and going searching for the ball worked in our favour. 

Wood was brilliant aerially. Even Soyuncu and Evans struggled at times. His goal was well placed. Vardy's header just as good I'd say. Leapt so high. 

We created a few more clear cut chances than them and so I'd say we deserved to win, just about purely that we looked to do so straight from the start as opposed to playing defensively like Burnley. 

Think we were fortunate to get their 2nd goal ruled out by VAR. Didn't really see it too well on the screen but think Wood tripped Evans as Evans went to clear it off the line. 

Always makes me laugh how hypocritical Dyche and his players are. From the first moments they were taking stupidly long with goalkicks and throw ins and obviously longer after they scored. Then when we return the favour going 2-1 up its all arms up in the air moaning to the ref. 

2nd in the league. Can't complain at another 3 points. Building a little bit of a gap to further down the table. 

6 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

I think we know why 

7 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

I think we know why 

7 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

I think we know why 

I see where your going with that...  never even thought of it like that!    I knew he was a decent player , but just looked him up on wiki and saw he was the elected the first black chairman of the union.  that's deserves respect but  sadly he is still an odd ball that talks bollocks.