Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MPH

Leicester 2 Burnley 1 Post match thread

19 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Great result and 3 points.  Thought we should have brought on Hamza to stop the supply rather than Wes to deal with the cross. I’d have also brought on Albrighton instead of Gray, who I thought was poor apart from his involvement in the goal.  I saw him puffing and panting a few times. I really don’t think he can cut the mustard here. Cags struggles with big forwards who are good in the air but overall a good performance. Praet is a fantastic signing. We can look really exciting ....    :scarf:

Totally agree we should have brought on Hamza.

Didn't like the Wes sub one bit. Thought it robbed us of the initiative. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Burnley didn’t make the last ten minutes an aerial bombardment though - they were cleverer than that .... we set our stall out and it didn’t happen which made us look uncomfortable 

Agree with you, but the majority of the game crosses were their main source of threat against us so seemed a clever decision which didn't turn out to be as effective as we'd hoped

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Izzy said:

Garth Crooks disappearing up his own arse with that analysis there.

Crooks is just a weirdo stealing a living from football.

its like he has some kind of dirt on the BBC bosses.

I can see no other reason why he has a job as a pundit.

That's twice that we've subbed Morgan on and twice we've won with him doing so. It still scares me shitless, our entire structure collapses and I don't think we have what it takes to effectively withstand the pressure it invites, one of these days it will punish us. Hamza on would have been smarter imo, you can be certain he wouldn't have lost the ball like Tielemans did, and battling through Hamza/Ndidi/Praet is difficult. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StriderHiryu said:

:nigel:

Great result but very mediocre performance. I’m struggling to think who was MOTM - probably Ricardo on balance but I felt we were quite naive in that match throughout and think their second goal should have stood. But at the end of the day this was always going to be a big test and we passed regardless of if it was by hook or by crook.

We won’t always be at our best and to be fair overall the style of play was still quite good even if Soyuncu must have had about 500 touches from passes back to him. For me the biggest culprits today were Chilwell and Perez. Perez will get flamed on here for his terrible clearances but for me it was actually his lack of support in a forward role that concerns me. I was at the game and I feel he is too passive compared to Barnes and Gray who dared to take on their man and take a risk which was needed against a team like Burnley. 

What have we learned?

- We have a good manager that kept a young team composed to avoid a potential banana skin. 

- We have the capability to come from behind - that’s three times we’ve salvaged something already this season. 

- We have a good squad. I felt Praet and Gray positively influenced the game and there was no real standout performer though I was very impressed by Maddison when he was on. 

- We have a lot of room for improvement. From a coaching point of view Rodgers has done so much in a short space of time but this team still could improve another 20-30% easily IMO and given our league position that is super exciting!

Also shout out to @Foxhateram who having met twice in real life is now my all time favourite poster on FT! Top fella! 🤩

Nah, we are a 'big club' now and according to PL rules and custom, all dodgy calls go to the benefit of big clubs! Art. IX, Section 5, subsection (a)(iii).

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Farrington fox said:

Great win but we were fortunate with that decision. Don’t understand 2 of the substitutions. Was Madder’s a tactical switch? cos if it was it was a bad call!

I’m guessing it was because he had the flu mid week and might not be 100%. Otherwise I agree because I thought he was great! Him and Ndidi are our most improved players this season IMO. Ndidi no longer panics when on the ball and Maddison is consistently good every match now. He’s always a threat and pulls the strings superbly. He played an outrageous cross field outside of the boot pass in the first half that was pure class!

• Like 1

Wow we're a quarter, or 24 percent of the way into the season and we're third. Amazing really.... Just another 3 of what we've done so far and we could be playing in the Champions League next season! 

Edited by smr
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

You can see Wood clip the right foot of Evans

My wife was giving me shit after "The Liverpool Dive" and felt she had a point until this angle came up. And that shut her up. :plancque:

The KP was quiet again today though for large spells. Burnley's small fan base made far more noise than we did. Until after the 60th minute when for obvious reasons we came alive. It is earily quiet at times. Was the same at Wolves.

Edited by Foxhateram
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Foxhateram said:

The KP was quiet again today though for large spells. Burnley's small fan base made far more noise than we did. Until after the 60th minute when for obvious reasons we came alive. It is earily quiet at times. Was the same at Wolves.

It's a sad state of affairs. A large portion of the blame falls squarely on the club, however. Ticket prices, organisation of seats, clappers. At least we're better off than plenty of other clubs, like Everton. 

Dodged a bullet with Wes coming on surrendering the midfield to beef up the back line wasn’t in hindsight the best option.

Good result, Burnley are always very well organised and have a goal or two in them. We played some nice stuff at times, just not quite clicking. 

After the Liverpool penalty I’ll take the VAR decision however soft. 

Incredible scenes at the start, the silence and the 60th Minute, must have been moving to have been there.

I'm finding this lacklustre performance feeling and thirst for more interesting.

Whilst I understand what posters are saying and it's utterly flattering to everybody involved with the club, I'd like to see if I can add some balance.

I think we're playing at a really good level and exactly where we should be considering the time we've had with Rodgers and new players and new'ish system being introduced...ruddy nora...we're 3rd.

It's the potential we're all craving, and this is an incredible position to be in right now.

I'd say the players delivering, based on today's line up, are;

Schmeichel - safe confidence.

Ricardo - incredible.

Evans - solid, reliable. 

Soyuncu - what a story.

Ndidi - back on course.

Vary - Wasp'ish again. 

The players that we're craving for more potential, yet still delivering;

Tielemans - he looked the biz today, controlled and measured, scored.

Maddison - bags of potential, if the stuff he tried today came off, pure class.

Barnes - getting there, love him on the pitch, heading in the right direction.

The players that are lost;

Perez - not supporting enough, 2 seconds behind the game, slow, fears the box, standard cuss words apply.

Chilwell - Still deserving of the stick. He had Barnes today, but still didn't deliver, poor game vision, not progressed like the others, heavy cuss words apply.

The above two players, for me, is where the extra gear is missing, fill those two positions and I reckon we're delivering what people are craving. 

Gray did look good when he came on, another (x 10) chance to start?

Chilwell dropped? It's looking that way, sorry.

I'm happy and Rodgers is doing great things, picked the right team today.

Morgan on for his 300th game for the memorial game, made sense emotionally, terrible in practice.

Last thing, sorry.

For me, VAR got it right. Has to be a first decision like that, right? As it happened and watching the replays, personally I felt Evans was really really clever about it and perhaps knew what he was doing? you ain't seen me...right.

Up the Foxes. 

1 hour ago, NaijaFox said:

Totally agree we should have brought on Hamza.

Didn't like the Wes sub one bit. Thought it robbed us of the initiative. 

If the equaliser had stood (I know ifs are shite but still), then we would have had to put up with the draw/loss as we have no attack with the amount of defensive minded players replacing attack minded players. 

Small moan when you think the 3 points put us 2nd for a while though.