Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
TheLittleBigMan

Wes doesn't hate Forest.

54 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

If we're banning all football chants that aren't factually accurate throughout games are going to be pretty quiet.

I suppose you have a point.

Back in the day I don’t think anyone ever categorically established whether “Posh Spice” had a predilection towards anal sex 

Saturday's game him and Chris wood were both chasing a ball that was going directly in front of where I was sitting. Seeing them both run reminded me of that scene in Jurassic park where the T-Rex is chasing the jeep 😂😂

I love the guy though and hes an important presence around the club I would love to see him involved in some capacity when he finishes playing 

11 hours ago, jayfox26 said:

If he gets offered any kind of role here, I'm pretty sure he'll stay. Hes obviously keeping his options open in case he doesn't get offered something here. Thing is though that Kolo Toure covers the defensive side of coaching, so not sure where Wes would fit in our current coaching set up. 

Tattoo adviser?

8 hours ago, turkish14 said:

Talking of “hating forest” I really dislike that chant for Wes...

can it not be changed to “he hates derby”

he’s Forest through and through. Makes our fans look stupid 

It's a bit of tongue in cheek. Not the only football chant every created to not be completely factually accurate.

Edited by Manwell Pablo

8 hours ago, Fox1970 said:

On a straight 100 yard dash, I think an 80 year old Granny with a Zimmer frame would have an evens chance of beating Gazelle Morgan 

He can shift when he gets going, it's just that it takes ages for him to get going.

All credit to Wes, he's never been quick but he's looked after himself well enough that at, what, 35? He doesn't look totally out of place in the Premier League. There's been plenty of better players that have tailed off far earlier in there careers and he's played well over 700 games. We've written him off, time and time again and he's continued to prove us wrong. Legend.

12 minutes ago, Stadt said:

I've never heard this, what are the full lyrics?

Sorry.  I got it the wrong way round.   It's ...

"we're mental, we're crazy, we're off our f***ing heads"

An old late 70's/early 80's chant, to the tune of "we're the left side, we're the left side, we're the left side over here"   :)

<Edited to say: Those are the full lyrics!"

Edited by worth_the_wait
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, foxinsocks said:

I like the chant because it plainly isn't true... I see it as a self deprecating joke at the fans expense

It's almost as if we believe that iwan lived next door to Joachim in a council flat.

Or Esteban was a magician 

Or Söyüncü has a massive cock.

Oh wait the 2nd 2 are correct 

Free to choose wherever he likes. A Premier League winner, a Championship winner, a goalscorer in a memorable European night, scorer of the point that got us over the title winning line, let him have a fabulous send-off in the Man United game in May and wish him all the best.

Like so many players recently, sensational value for money.

Guest Eamonn
12 hours ago, Ashley said:

Or You'll never beat Wes Morgan? 🤷‍♂️

The F*rest fans used to sing that. Apparently it was irony. How they must have laughed when he lifted the Prem trophy for us.

6 hours ago, worth_the_wait said:

A few songs off the top of my head ...

"When you're smiling, when you're smiling, the whole world smiles with you"  (no it doesn't, it kicks you in the goolies)

"Brendan Rogers Blue and white army"   (we're football fans, not an army)

"He walked right up to Wenger, and said chat shit get banged"  (no he didn't)

"We don't need you, we've got Söyüncü, his c*ck is f***ing massive   (pure speculation)

"We'll never play you again"   (we probably will, actually)

"You're just a small town in Norwich"   (Ipswich is not a small town in Norwich)

"Just like a team that's gonna win the FA Cup, we shall not be moved"   (still not true after 136 years)

"We're by far the greatest team, the world has ever seen"   (not true, even in 2016)

"You're shit, and you know you are"  (they probably aren't, and they don't know it, even if they were)

"Just like a library"  (not too many books in the Emirates, last time I looked)

"He lives with Julian Joachim, in a Leicster council flat"  (no he doesn't)

"You're going down"   (usually not true)

"Is there a fire drill?"   (no there isn't)

"The football league's upside down, aleluya"   (no it's not, we're shit and bottom of the league"

"We're gonna win 7-6"  (not true, when we're 6-0 down at the time)

"Everywhere we go, people wanna know, who we are, ... "   (no, they don't)

"Tip toe through the Trent End with a gas mask and a sawn-off shotgun"  (unfortunately not true)

"If I had the wings of an eagle, if I had the arse of a crow ..."  (well we don't, so stop the song right there)

"You're gonna get your f***ing heads kicked in"   (rarely true)

"We're crazy, we're mental, we're off our f***ing heads"   (only partially true)

"Arthur Cox has got the f***ing Pox, Derby County's going down"  (Arthur's in good health, I believe)

"Derby fans, what a sight, shagging sheep on a Saturday night"  (ok, this one might be true)

"sheep shaggers"  (see above)

Though I appreciate your thorough research and willingness to type all that out. What you typed that I highlighted in bold is just wrong, heretical and sacrilegious. And the Derby one, the "might" is not required and therefore should not be on the list.

Thanks

Our greatest ever captain. 

People underestimate just how good he has been for us and especially the title winning season. He’s obviously been told he’s got a job here in some sort of coaching role in the future. 

Not sure why people get so precious over his song. Iwan Roberts never lived next door to Julian Joachim in a council flat did he? But we still sing that.   

1 minute ago, Bert said:

Our greatest ever captain. 

People underestimate just how good he has been for us and especially the title winning season. He’s obviously been told he’s got a job here in some sort of coaching role in the future. 

Not sure why people get so precious over his song. Iwan Roberts never lived next door to Julian Joachim in a council flat did he? But we still sing that.   

Please don’t tell me that Iborra didn’t live on Saffron Lane. I spent hours knocking on doors in the hope of getting his autograph. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Bayfox said:

It's almost as if we believe that iwan lived next door to Joachim in a council flat.

Or Esteban was a magician 

Or Söyüncü has a massive cock.

Oh wait the 2nd 2 are correct 

I found that out the hard way. Booked him for my kids party, absolutely shit. Couldn’t even bend a balloon without it popping.