Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MPH

How would you improve the team in January?

Sign Cantwell from Norwich

Sign Deulofeu and Sarr from Watford

before any of them start believing their teams might survive in the prem.

27 minutes ago, Blanchflower78 said:

Looks like big boys all over Cantwell now, demiral wanted at Arsenal as well.

Be interesting to see if anything plays out this window, we tend to do our biz on the quiet until last moment. 

Yeah it’s way too quiet at the moment. I can feel my blood pressure building @SheppyFox style in all reality.... I keep logging in looking for a transfer talk name that I can get really excited about but nothing out here right now is particularly floating my boat or even paddling my canoe in straight line so far. It’s not that I need a massive name, just a bit of talent commensurate with an ambitious football team lying second in one of the best leagues in the world.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

That would be odd - why would they do that?  I was disappointed we whiffed on him the first time, and he's been great from them apart from the injury issues.

He's been very mixed for them. He's viewed as quite limited, he's not a great all round footballer. Even when he was scoring regularly, he was getting a fair few off the bench as impact. 

Even fit, he's behind Reus, Gotze and Brandt in the pecking order who are all really attacking midfielders more than strikers. 

Favre likes a false 9.

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Back at work, bored silly.

If we are looking to go 3 at the back then an option could be to have Chilwell play the left side of a three and get a left midfielder who is equally adept at defending and attacking, someone we've been linked with many years ago -  Filip Kostic from Eintract Frankfurt. He is a quality player and they are a selling club, they have been decimated after last years Europa League heroics. Kostic can also operate as the left sided central midfielder in a diamond if we still want to furtle with that as a system, he is a very capable player. Failing that, their young French centre half Evan N'Dicka fits the sort of profile we look for, he also impressed last season.

For me Ric, Chilwell is a brilliant Left Back or Left sided Full/Wing Back... But he would be both wasted and a liability as a left sided player in a back three. 

Whatever happened to Ryan Fraser at Bournemouth - wasn’t he linked with Liverpool?
Not really had a good season by his standards - neither have a majority of the Bournemouth team though.

I think he’s out of contract in the summer - worth looking at perhaps?

8 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

For me Ric, Chilwell is a brilliant Left Back or Left sided Full/Wing Back... But he would be both wasted and a liability as a left sided player in a back three. 

I know what you're saying but it would be more of a 4-1-4-1 when on the ball and then a 3-4-2-1 when off it. You watch Chilwell against Man City and Liverpool and every time he didn't have the ball and we were defending he tucks in like a 3rd central defender, having someone more complete as a left midfielder like Kostic would improve us. So basically, play the same system as we do now but stick Kostic in for Barnes and we immediately become more solid down that side when defending whilst also scoring and assisting fairly regularly too, giving Barnes the opportunity to challenge or move to the right if Perez doesn't play.

17 minutes ago, mikey54 said:

Whatever happened to Ryan Fraser at Bournemouth - wasn’t he linked with Liverpool?
Not really had a good season by his standards - neither have a majority of the Bournemouth team though.

I think he’s out of contract in the summer - worth looking at perhaps?

We’ve been linked before I think. He was linked with Liverpool and Arsenal in the summer for something like £50m, probably because of his 7 goals and 14 assists. Just the one goal and 3 assist so far this season, but then as you say Bournemouth as a whole seem to be struggling. Not sure if he’d fit our profile though ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

13 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

We’ve been linked before I think. He was linked with Liverpool and Arsenal in the summer for something like £50m, probably because of his 7 goals and 14 assists. Just the one goal and 3 assist so far this season, but then as you say Bournemouth as a whole seem to be struggling. Not sure if he’d fit our profile though ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

I'm pretty sure Fraser has been injured until recently this season hasn't he? Might explain why he hasn't produced...

EDIT:

Ignore that, he's played 20 games this season. How odd, guess he's just not in form then.

Edited by CloudFox

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I know what you're saying but it would be more of a 4-1-4-1 when on the ball and then a 3-4-2-1 when off it. You watch Chilwell against Man City and Liverpool and every time he didn't have the ball and we were defending he tucks in like a 3rd central defender, having someone more complete as a left midfielder like Kostic would improve us. So basically, play the same system as we do now but stick Kostic in for Barnes and we immediately become more solid down that side when defending whilst also scoring and assisting fairly regularly too, giving Barnes the opportunity to challenge or move to the right if Perez doesn't play.

Well Ric, if it’s 4-1-4-1 then I’m fine with it. Good idea. Let’s go get a new winger wide man that can play on the left....

If though Ric its not 4-1-4-1 and it’s actually 3 at the back with Chilwell soaring forward on one side leaving two at the back I still think it’s not a goer!

:D

• Haha 1

On 02/01/2020 at 17:02, AKCJ said:

Dortmund rumoured to be open to letting Paco Alcacer go.

Would be ideal with Champions League/Jamie Vardy's retirement coming in the next few years. 

Bound for Spain and Atlético Madrid.

Not that I'd say no to Alcacer in a Leicester shirt, mind.

Only downside for me is his lack of stamina. Hardly ever lasts a full 90 minutes on a regular basis, mainly acts as a super sub.

He's also faded quite a bit this season after a bright start.

Edited by MC Prussian

31 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

By not selling any cnut. 

oh and maybe buy a good winger. 

Cannot agree with this at all. 

If we have some right cnuts at the club, then get rid I say. 

3 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

Cannot agree with this at all. 

If we have some right cnuts at the club, then get rid I say. 

Nah, keep the cnuts, they’re good for the team. Man Utd thrived for years with some massive cnuts in their team. 

Edited by ARM1968
  • Like 1

If we can't get Demiral then Jonathan Tah would be unreal, whether he'd come here to challenge for a place rather than be immediately 1st choice is debatable. 

My defensive picks would be in this order:

1) Demiral

2) Tah

3) Ajer

4) Ben White

5) N'Dicka

• Like 3

Timo Werner

Dean Henderson

A winger. 

Werner is available for around €35 million - will probably go Bayern eventually.

Hendo will be Englands number one within a few years only on loan at Sheffield United.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Timo Werner

Dean Henderson

A winger. 

Werner is available for around €35 million - will probably go Bayern eventually.

Hendo will be Englands number one within a few years only on loan at Sheffield United.

Werner might be available for that price but Werner will only be available to sides that are competing for the Champions League title.

No chance he comes here.

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

How is Werner available for that price? He signed a new deal in the last year, why on earth would Leipzig put a clause like that in or be willing to accept such a low price? 

Just going on what I've read articles wise mate. If it's true it is absurd.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

How is Werner available for that price? He signed a new deal in the last year, why on earth would Leipzig put a clause like that in or be willing to accept such a low price? 

Because he demanded it ?