Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MPH

How would you improve the team in January?

On 30/12/2019 at 18:46, Dahnsouff said:

Cannot believe you called Grealish a fascist.

FT Gold!!! Cruising the threads looking for something interesting to read,  killing time before kick off. 

Then BOOM, Grealish a facist, (i knew it) not read back yet, but I'm in.

Love you foxestalk, happy new year one and all xoxo

1 hour ago, NewquayFox said:

It’s nearly midday and we haven’t signed anyone yet, so so disappointing.... :jawdrop::ph34r:

men with hangovers have forgotten their email passwords... press will be notified as soon as they remember.

Talking of aiming high, could Emre Can be persuaded to make a Tielemans-style six-month loan with the potential for a permanent transfer in the summer?

I know it's not necessarily a position we're looking to strengthen right now, but he's still only 25, has great pedigree, can play in a number of positions and has worked with Rodgers before. By the time CL football comes around (fingers crossed) he could be an invaluable addition to the squad and could push Tielemans and Praet and keep them on their toes.

3 minutes ago, ALC Fox said:

Talking of aiming high, could Emre Can be persuaded to make a Tielemans-style six-month loan with the potential for a permanent transfer in the summer?

I know it's not necessarily a position we're looking to strengthen right now, but he's still only 25, has great pedigree, can play in a number of positions and has worked with Rodgers before. By the time CL football comes around (fingers crossed) he could be an invaluable addition to the squad and could push Tielemans and Praet and keep them on their toes.

We already have Ndidi and Hamza. I don't think he's good enough for an attacking/distribution role which is why I think he left Liverpool. Wouldn't come here to ride the pine.

If he hasn't broken through with Juventus why would he be good enough for us?

Would love to see Cantwell from Norwich in a Leicester shirt.

Suits our mould of signing young players with plenty of room for growth.

Only issue is do we need another played of his mould in our team? We do seem to have an abundance of quality midfielders (Ndidi, Youri, Praet, Maddison, Mendy, Hamza etc.) and it could be a complete waste bringing him here when we need a top quality wide man...but none the less think he is mustard and would love him here.

Benrahma did a rainbow flick earlier, don’t care if he’s actually any good we just need more sauce in the team. Get a jinky Maghrebi flair winger in, we’ve got a 50% hit rate with them so it’s guaranteed success.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Stadt said:

Benrahma did a rainbow flick earlier, don’t care if he’s actually any good we just need more sauce in the team. Get a jinky Maghrebi flair winger in, we’ve got a 50% hit rate with them so it’s guaranteed success.

All of Brentfords front 3 would be good signings for a lot of PL clubs. Mbeumo, Watkins & Benrahma are on 10+ goal contributions each and they’ll only get better. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, ALC Fox said:

Every time I see him play he’s useless. I’ve always thought he was vastly overrated. Looks like Juve have realised the same

On 30/12/2019 at 19:44, sacreblueits442 said:

.. just checked him out on YouTube, he is so poor!! 

I can not believe anyone would contemplate this player coming to us as an improvement on Barnes, Demerai or Albrighton. Shocking call!! 

The bold bit disproves all value of your opinion straight away.

But i'll add more than a single point as to why you are wrong.

I'll be kind though, as I rate Barnes, i'll give him the benefit of the doubt to not include him in the comparison because of his lack of appearances.

But, lets get it right, Gray hasn't reached the level we expected, and Albrighton, as I will prove, is an absolute fraud. A right sided Robbie Savage.

Goals per game

Albrighton   - 0.07

Gray           - 0.07

Antonio       - 0.23

Richarlison - 0.27

Assists per game

Albrighton   - 0.14

Gray           - 0.06

Antonio       - 0.10

Richarlison - 0.09

Combined Goals/Assists per game

Albrighton   - 0.21

Gray           - 0.13

Antonio       - 0.33

Richarlison - 0.36

I, like many others, would view Richarlison as the perfect signing we could make to our front 3. He could fill any position, would add more goals.....But more importantly would actually be a physical and pacey threat. However, we can't afford him.

The reality is, that although not a fancy Brazilian with a huge transfer fee recently, Antonio's stats are not dissimilar at all, and a huge improvement on Albrighton/Gray. Importantly too, 60% of his goals come from headers.....An alternative threat we don't have up front.

Never even realized Antonio's stats were as good as they are until I thought about who in this league is most similar to Richarlison. 

23 minutes ago, majaco said:

BUY GREALISH!  watching MOD -he's spectacular.  When I have watched live games, he has been spectacular.  Possibly better than Maddison- I'd rather see them in the same Leicester team.

We'd have to cough up £60-70mil to land him and Villa would be nuts to sell him in Jan. He's almost single handedly winning them points

7 hours ago, CityIsBlue said:

The bold bit disproves all value of your opinion straight away.

But i'll add more than a single point as to why you are wrong.

I'll be kind though, as I rate Barnes, i'll give him the benefit of the doubt to not include him in the comparison because of his lack of appearances.

But, lets get it right, Gray hasn't reached the level we expected, and Albrighton, as I will prove, is an absolute fraud. A right sided Robbie Savage.

Goals per game

Albrighton   - 0.07

Gray           - 0.07

Antonio       - 0.23

Richarlison - 0.27

Assists per game

Albrighton   - 0.14

Gray           - 0.06

Antonio       - 0.10

Richarlison - 0.09

Combined Goals/Assists per game

Albrighton   - 0.21

Gray           - 0.13

Antonio       - 0.33

Richarlison - 0.36

I, like many others, would view Richarlison as the perfect signing we could make to our front 3. He could fill any position, would add more goals.....But more importantly would actually be a physical and pacey threat. However, we can't afford him.

The reality is, that although not a fancy Brazilian with a huge transfer fee recently, Antonio's stats are not dissimilar at all, and a huge improvement on Albrighton/Gray. Importantly too, 60% of his goals come from headers.....An alternative threat we don't have up front.

Never even realized Antonio's stats were as good as they are until I thought about who in this league is most similar to Richarlison. 

I'm not sure you proved Albrighton is a fraud?

See what happens at the end of the season, if Villa or Norwich go down it would most certainly be worth a look at Grealish and Cantwell... think Grealish would go to someone like United, but Cantwell I'd say we'd stand a good chance of getting... where he fits though I do not know.

Most crucial areas of recruitment in my opinion are:

- Backup CB (or one with a view to starting, don't know what's going on with Benkovic but there is absolutely no noise on him)

- Winger (this is the most crucial piece, our width is fine as it is... but in some games we're crying out for more quality out wide)

- Target man (just to add a new dimension to our team, should the game require it.

Grealish and Cantwell won't be sold in January. Grealish in particularly is Villa's midfield maestro and should they avoid relegation, expect them to reward him with a contract extension that will make him even more expensive on the transfer market.

Similar case with Cantwell, although I could see the club not that desperate to cling onto him.

However, should Aston Villa and Norwich be relegated...

Bournemouth are a great team to pick homegrown youngsters from in order to bolster the squad. The two Wilsons, Fraser, Gosling, Lewis Cook, Aké. Don't tell me they wouldn't complement our squad.

They also don't strike me as having attitude problems, just as generally hardworking pros (who have lost the plot at the moment).

Edited by MC Prussian

45 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

Emiliano Buendía from Norwich looks a good player I was impressed with Him in his performance against us.

Has 7 assists this season. Would be perfect for us.

Will be very difficult to take any PL player in January that their clubs don't want to lose. It seldom happens.

We need to look abroad for January deals this will help in our cup runs.

Bowen would be a good deal if we can get it done for rotation in the premier league.

But if we are taking the cup serious this year as it looks like we are we should also look for players that wont be cup tied.