Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MPH

How would you improve the team in January?

1 hour ago, Fox85 said:

Apparently we have opened talks to sign this guy from AC Milan.

Anyone know if hes anygood?

Hakan Calhanoglu.

http://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/1013964055?-36514:815

I hope not, he was highly rated as a youngster at Leverkusen but has not lived up to his potential. 

We already have four component wingers, either go and get a big upgrade or just stick with what we have. The last thing we need is another competent winger who is no better than what we already have. 

6 minutes ago, Gerard said:

I hope not, he was highly rated as a youngster at Leverkusen but has not lived up to his potential. 

We already have four component wingers, either go and get a big upgrade or just stick with what we have. The last thing we need is another competent winger who is no better than what we already have. 

Who are these 4 competent wingers ?

We have 4 wingers 1 has done ok in Harvey barnes but the rest are not good enough

9 minutes ago, Gerard said:

Isn't he more of a 10 than a winger anyway? I don't rate him at all.

Just now, Fox85 said:

Who are these 4 competent wingers ?

We have 4 wingers 1 has done ok in Harvey barnes but the rest are not good enough

You know who they are, all of them are competent PL players and not elite level. 

We don't need someone like Calhanoglu who will probably be no better than what we have.

41 minutes ago, Gerard said:

You know who they are, all of them are competent PL players and not elite level. 

We don't need someone like Calhanoglu who will probably be no better than what we have.

Perez is not a competent winger.

Plays best as a forward as his stats shows.

Albrighton trys hard but is ineffective now. Age has caught upto him but love the bloke just not good enough.

Barnes has done ok looks tired last couple of games needs a rest not good enough to take us to the next level yet.

Gray. Not good enough for most bottom 10 premier league clubs might be a success in the championship.

22 minutes ago, Fox85 said:

Perez is not a competent winger.

Plays best as a forward as his stats shows.

Albrighton trys hard but is ineffective now. Age has caught upto him but love the bloke just not good enough.

Barnes has done ok looks tired last couple of games needs a rest not good enough to take us to the next level yet.

Gray. Not good enough for most bottom 10 premier league clubs might be a success in the championship.

I agree, Perez is not a competent winger but I think you'll find if you examine the stats he mostly played there for Newcastle, he was not a forward as such. Someone on this published the facts some time ago. Until then, I thought like you.

As for Albrighton, how on earth have you come to the conclusion that he's ineffective now and his age has caught up with him. You have had to have completely made that up unless you've been down at the training ground watching every day because he hasn't been playing!

As for Gray, whilst not being his biggest fan, on the odd occasion he's come on for Perez,  he looked sharper and added far more in his short cameo roles than Perez has all game. Before judging too harshly I'd give both a run in the side ahead of Perez. I doubt most of the exotic sounding foreign names put forward on here as potential wingers would fair much better. Remember the screaming out for Sarr in the summer ? He's hardly been uprooting many trees.

Pukki, richarilson, and deulofeu would all be great additions. We'll need CL football and a big summer budget, though. Wouldn't mind Felipe Anderson either. 

Telling that we're all thinking of wide forwards and another striker - it's clear where there are improvements to be made to the squad. These are difficult buys in the Jan market, unfortunately. 

Edited by Fktf

9 hours ago, Fktf said:

Pukki, richarilson, and deulofeu would all be great additions. We'll need CL football and a big summer budget, though. Wouldn't mind Felipe Anderson either. 

Telling that we're all thinking of wide forwards and another striker - it's clear where there are improvements to be made to the squad. These are difficult buys in the Jan market, unfortunately. 

My opinion obviously, but every time I read Deulofeu's name in this thread I do wonder if people haven't learnt from the last time we failed to capitalise on our position. He's no better than what we have, and he'd no doubt be someone we'd have to overpay for.

Felipe Anderson, for me, is an equally poor shout. 

23 minutes ago, Langston said:

My opinion obviously, but every time I read Deulofeu's name in this thread I do wonder if people haven't learnt from the last time we failed to capitalise on our position. He's no better than what we have, and he'd no doubt be someone we'd have to overpay for.

Felipe Anderson, for me, is an equally poor shout. 

He was the best player on the pitch yesterday.

• Haha 1

Mate at work is a West Ham fan and he complains every week about Filipe Anderson's attitude and application. Bags of talent but piss poor work rate and he is apparently anonymous in most games. He seems to be one of those players fans of other clubs think is brilliant but home fans despair of. 

That said, Pellegrini always played him on the wing when he's very much a central midfielder. He would cost a fortune though. Avoid imho.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

22 hours ago, Billy Big Balls said:

Screenshot_20191228-141125_Twitter.thumb.jpg.c13af98646538048fde64375083e2794.jpg

I wasn't one for suggesting Carrasco before because we wouldn't be able to match what he's on in China but this could make it more realistic. 

I would question the motivation of anyone who has chosen to go and play in China if not at the end of their career, not sure anyone who's gone in that direction would be the sort of character we want

2 minutes ago, nwl fox said:

I would question the motivation of anyone who has chosen to go and play in China if not at the end of their career, not sure anyone who's gone in that direction would be the sort of character we want

money talks and we would all leave our jobs for double the salary 100%.

4 minutes ago, les-tah said:

money talks and we would all leave our jobs for double the salary 100%.

Get the point but being a professional footballer is not comparable to most jobs. I agree its a valid point if you're talking about moving to an elite club in an elite league, money does talk in that situation, but going to China is basically saying I'm not bothered about playing at the highest level and being the best I can I'm just interested in an easy pay day

Edited by nwl fox
  • Like 1