Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MPH

How would you improve the team in January?

31 minutes ago, majaco said:

Offer big money for Grealish.  There will be few better players any time soon.  

Imagine being a defender against him.

Grealish would fit nicely on the left or as a 10; rotating positions with his mate Maddison. However, I can't see him going anywhere in January and will most likely only leave Villa in the summer, should they go down or if a big offer is made. Would love him here.

3 hours ago, GlenParvaFox said:

Grealish would fit nicely on the left or as a 10; rotating positions with his mate Maddison. However, I can't see him going anywhere in January and will most likely only leave Villa in the summer, should they go down or if a big offer is made. Would love him here.

i think our only hope of getting him is if they are relegated. they’d be foolish to sell him in january.

Edited by MPH
  • Like 1

On 02/01/2020 at 13:53, les-tah said:

Aston Villa - Tyrone Mings, Jack Grealish & Wesley.   Would make our 11 better in my opinion.

Bournemouth - Nathaniel Ake, Ryan Fraser & Callum Wilson.  Wide men poor for us would make our 11 better.

Watford - Esteban Capoue, Abdoulaye Doucoure, Gerard Deulofeu & Ismailia Sarr. Wide men poor for us would make our 11 better if he had any consistency..

Norwich - Max Aaron’s, Jamal Lewis, Sam Byram, Todd Cantwell, Emi Buendia & Teemu Pukki.   Like this lad even though we dont really need another central player.

Your not going to be able to just sign lads who will improve the starting 11. Signing players who will improve the squad, that will push for the starting 11 can sometimes be just as vital.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MPH said:

i think our only hope of getting him is if they are relegated. they’d be foolish to sell him in january.

its not even worth the conversation for January its never gonna happen. He is there only hope of staying up now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Your not going to be able to just sign lads who will improve the starting 11. Signing players who will improve the squad, that will push for the starting 11 can sometimes be just as vital.

Champions League teams don’t think about only signing guys they’re sure can improve the first 11.  Yes, you have to build a squad for multiple competitions.

• Like 1

Just now, Deeg67 said:

Champions League teams don’t think about only signing guys they’re sure can improve the first 11.  Yes, you have to build a squad for multiple competitions.

Exactly. The best team who did this who were in a similar situation to what we are in now was Tottenham. As much as I hate to admit it, the way Poch built his squad was very impressive at the time & made them into a regular top 4 contender.

My dream signings across the next 2 windows would be:

• Demiral £35m

• Bruno Fernandes (Part exchange with Adrien) or Morgan Sanson £60/£25m

• Hakim Ziyech or Cengiz Under £35m

• Callum Wilson or Teemu Pukki £30m/£25m

Would cost us around £120/£160m but what a squad we would have. A boy can dream after all! :chant:

11 hours ago, foxinsox said:

I always liked Benny. A complete nutter, but we have had worse defenders.

It will be interesting to see if one of the U23's CBs makes the bench on Wednesday. I remember seeing Darnell Johnson in a pre-season friendly. Presumably Caglar knows him from playing in the U23s for a year.

Is this for real?  He was linked with us at Celtic while Rodgers was here.  Be worried if this is evidence of working off one of Congerton's lists.

In any case buying squad fillers would be the wrong move imo, I know it's more difficult in January to get decent quality but I think you should be plotting your moves more strategically and be looking at another Soyuncu type signing, someone who for the moment could be an able deputy but in a year or two develop to the point they replace Evans.

Edited by henrik_62

1 minute ago, henrik_62 said:

Is this for real?  He was linked with us at Celtic while Rodgers was here.  Be worried if this is evidence of working off one of Congerton's lists.

It is not. It is utter rubbish from someone who I imagine believes they are an undisputed social media banter king.

• Like 2

Buy 2 x CBs

Rugani on loan, someone else young to develop - Ben White?

Winger - hmmm, want Jarrod Bowen, but have reservations for some reason (Maybe its because I am clueless and not a scout)

Send Benko to Celtic in a gift wrapped parcel*

* Parcel may or may not contain ankle injuries

Edited by Dahnsouff
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Lee Monty said:

If we are looking for a back up centre half what about Dragovic would be a cheaper option and he’s shown he could cut it in the prem he’s only 28 as well so would be at his prime and still have a few more years left in him

I loved Dragovic - but admittedly partly for his name..! It looks like he's playing a lot more matches at the moment, so guessing unlikely we could get him back on loan. 

Tottenham are considering a loan-to-buy move for Atlético Madrid's Thomas Lemar. A loan fee of €6m is being touted, with an option to buy around the €60m mark. (Source: Independent)

Isnt this the type of deal that could work for us???  Yes he has been terrible at AM but perhaps Brendan could activate that potential. 

Edited by Lambert09
  • Like 3

33 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

Tottenham are considering a loan-to-buy move for Atlético Madrid's Thomas Lemar. A loan fee of €6m is being touted, with an option to buy around the €60m mark. (Source: Independent)

Isnt this the type of deal that could work for us???  Yes he has been terrible at AM but perhaps Brendan could activate that potential. 

I can't see us being able to spend 60m on any one player ATM. I also don't think he'd do that well in such a short space of time. He's off form anyway and it tends to take wingers more time to adapt to the PL, just look at Pepe.

40m seems to be about our limit at the moment.

58 minutes ago, RobHawk said:

I can't see us being able to spend 60m on any one player ATM. I also don't think he'd do that well in such a short space of time. He's off form anyway and it tends to take wingers more time to adapt to the PL, just look at Pepe.

40m seems to be about our limit at the moment.

The part that got me was the loan- to-buy. It works out at about 50m which, if he had come in and been exactly what we needed, would be reasonable given that we would then be a champions league side. If he doesnt adapt then we only loose 5m which is spare change these days. 

These type of deals will be the only way for us to get the champions league experienced players that we will be hoping for. 

Edited by Lambert09

Chelsea looking like they will let Giroud leave on loan till the end of the season to prem clubs, could he be worth the six months of salary to give us another option up front. certainly knows how to score when given the chance.

36 minutes ago, JJS84 said:

Chelsea looking like they will let Giroud leave on loan till the end of the season to prem clubs, could he be worth the six months of salary to give us another option up front. certainly knows how to score when given the chance.

Chelsea wouldn't loan him to a CL rival for one. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Gerard said:

Chelsea wouldn't loan him to a CL rival for one. 

i think it would depend to what end they wanted Giroud out, if its salary space and a squad slot, they may let him come, particularly if we put a purchase price.