Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MPH

How would you improve the team in January?

Only areas I'd be hoping we'd tie up would be cb and another winger... I like the look of ziyech, if that's realistic I'd like us to buy him

Cb.. Not sure whose properly avaliable so a loan from outside the PL would be the best bet.. Demiral or Ajer for me, with the option to buy. 

Don't see the point in a Bowen type as cover, come the end of the season we'll probably buy better than him and just have another salary to pay. 

Hopefully vardy and iheanacho will stay fit so we're OK up top. 

I'd imagine we'll sign a couple for the U23s, and if we could sign a Cantwell type and loan back to their club until the summer might be an investment

I'd imagine the club have major plans for the summer already with the maguire money, and it's just a point of waiting to see if we make the CL or not before going BIG

4 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Why agree to that? Should have just sold him for more last year, he's been worth north of £50m for a while now.

Perhaps they thought it was worth it to have him lying for them. What's the actual outlay ? Less than replacing. 

2 minutes ago, ronnup said:

Perhaps they thought it was worth it to have him lying for them. What's the actual outlay ? Less than replacing. 

If he's available for 35m, half of Europe will be after him.. United and man City should be all over that.. Both need a forward.. United don't have one and citehs are always injured. 

Would like him here.. But with the calibre usually comes an ego.. And we don't want to disrupt the morale we appear to have 

Luke Matheson for Rochdale seems very talented. Only 17 & already playing at a decent level in League one just like James Justin. The burst of pace from RB to get the assist against Newcastle was Ricardo esque. Also scored against Man Utd in the league cup.

One for the future.

1 hour ago, Abrasive fox said:

Paco Alacer wants to leave Dortmund after the signing of Haaland.

He'd be very decent, can play wide or up front and would compliment Vardy nicely.

Interesting Atletico as a Cavani alternative apparently.

1 hour ago, Abrasive fox said:

Paco Alacer wants to leave Dortmund after the signing of Haaland.

He'd be very decent, can play wide or up front and would compliment Vardy nicely.

Paco Alcacer is a very limited penalty box poacher. To say he can play out wide is a huge over statement. 

He'd be good as an alternative to Vardy in the current system, staying central, beating the last man, getting free in the box and finishing the chances others create. 

But he's pretty technically limited for a Spanish forward. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, manders86 said:

Ollie Watkins is being raved about every week in the championship. Is he a natural wide player?

He was a winger or support striker but since Maupay has gone to Brighton they've played him as a number 9 and he's been very good. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Shane said:

Luke Matheson for Rochdale seems very talented. Only 17 & already playing at a decent level in League one just like James Justin. The burst of pace from RB to get the assist against Newcastle was Ricardo esque. Also scored against Man Utd in the league cup.

One for the future.

Really enjoyed watching him yesterday, can’t say I’m an expert on all things rochdale but based on the few times I’ve watched him I’ve no idea why he didn’t start. Started to actually pass the ball and build some pressure when he came on partly because he was always an option. Nice and composed too. Can’t believe he’s 17. 

Edited by TJB-fox
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

He’s a 10 but we’ve been looking at him for a while 

Really hope this is true - I think he'd fit right in here and I don't think he'd struggle with the step up, especially in the environment we've developed.

5 minutes ago, Suffolk exile said:

Literally the funniest thing I have ever seen on FT!

Think the phrase is "Damning with faint praise" lol

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

I always liked Benny. A complete nutter, but we have had worse defenders.

It will be interesting to see if one of the U23's CBs makes the bench on Wednesday. I remember seeing Darnell Johnson in a pre-season friendly. Presumably Caglar knows him from playing in the U23s for a year.

9 minutes ago, foxinsox said:

I always liked Benny. A complete nutter, but we have had worse defenders.

It will be interesting to see if one of the U23's CBs makes the bench on Wednesday. I remember seeing Darnell Johnson in a pre-season friendly. Presumably Caglar knows him from playing in the U23s for a year.

Isn't Johnson predominantly playing as a right-back?