Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Are We Better than Our 15/16 Season?

26 minutes ago, Koke said:

Put this exact side in 15/16 and it would probably also win the league. Remember the competition wasnt great that season.

In fairness this current side is yet to prove that it can grind out 1-0 wins like the title winning side did.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Paddy. said:

I think we are better now than we were then but sadly Man City and Liverpool are two of the strongest sides in the world at the moment and no one was at the level they are now back in 15/16.

We are the cause of these two being stronger. The first thing the did when we won was get the Cheque book out. Tottenham, Arsenal, Man Utd, did the same but their scouting department haven't delivered like the big two have. That said, we are again causing consternation with the Media and their Top 6:scarf:

As always it's difficult to compare sides from different seasons.

I would be surprised if this side best the 2015/16 teams points total and still end up 3rd, which is probably a indication of the quality of this year's league.

I'd have to agree this team is also more pleasing on the eye.

As excellent as the 2015/16 team was, that was it, at its  prime, however I think this team isn't anywhere near it prime if we can keep it together.

Edited by coolhandfox

We wouldnt  have this team...without the 15/16 team/group.

I dont understand the Need  try & compare....IMO this new  group looks good,Technicaly allround better....but this ones growth is totally different.

The whole League-opposition Teams  different (better Quality these last 2 seasons)..

I will sit back..enjoy the 15/16 Story in its entirety...

and now ,will again sit back and Enjoy the new present journey has it developes...

Arguing,discussing  which Team One consider  better,far Too early,plus.....the Bbone of this group didnt go through,that "great-escape" season behind them.

We Now have proven players,younger players ,compare that with players 'Boxed' as journey-men....IMO impossible..!!! 

The prologue of the 2 Stories totally different..

Take in also the manager & Coaching staff changes...    Pearson>>> to>>> Ranieri!!    Now  Puel>>>> to Rodgers>>>>

• Like 1

You only find out how good a team (or individual) is when they are under pressure. The 15/16 side demonstrated just how to see out a title challenge unlike many notable teams before them.

If the current team finish in the CL slots & we keep the team then buckle up - there is one final chapter in this great story left to be written. It ends with the CL final 2021.

If we carry on as we are, we may accumulate as many points as that season which is tremendous. It wont be enough to win the league though because of Liverpool/Man City. 

This current crop could have challenged in 15/16, but they are just a tad behind that level in character and pure guts for now. As these lads gain experience and we can keep them together they will be better than the title team eventually. 

The 2015/16 side won the Premier League by ten points.

This one has played only ten games and is eight points off the lead.

But the mere fact that there is a comparison debate going on shows how worried the ‘Big Six’ and all their media acolytes are about this current side infiltrating their precious ‘elite’.

Happy days are here again!

I'd say the fairest way to judge would be to wait until the end of the season and see how many points we finish on. League position isn't fair because Liverpool and Man City are so significantly better than any team from 2016. In 2016 we finished on 81 points with a 32 GD. If we can finish with more points than that then I'd say this team is better. We're currently on track for 76 points so it could be close! 

In terms of squad ability then yes, we now have more than three or four players that are technical and good on the ball.

But 15/16 we won the league so how is it a comparison really...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hammo said:

The 2015/16 side won the Premier League by ten points.

This one has played only ten games and is eight points off the lead.

Reading these sort of comments makes me very annoyed. 

This team literally has more points than the title team after this many games. Don’t let the rest of the league’s performance influence you. 

7 minutes ago, Wolfox said:

Here’s a question…. What would your hybrid team be?

Schmeichel 

Ricky Huth Evans Chilwell 

Kante

Riyad Tielemans Maddison Barnes

Vardy

i make that 6-3 to the new boys

Do we get to choose either the 15/16 or 19/20 versions of Schmeichel & Vardy? :P