Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Palace 0-2 Leicester post match

Guest bss9401

Wins like this can see us nicely into the top 6. I get the top 4 hopes but when Evans has his inevitable time off we don't have a 2015 Wes to call on. 

With a bit of clever dealing in the transfer window, however.........who knows?

Guest bss9401

Pre season I was not concerned with replacing Mcguire because of Cags and Benko. Wes would be great to have around because of his experience and as a 4th/5th choice. Cags has been phenomenal but Benkovic has not even got past the under 23's. 

I'd love to see him come through but if we do make a sustained top 4 push we might not have time to wait on Benkovic.  

Edited by bss9401

3 hours ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Very good interview with Brendan Rodgers, he actually explains the logic behind bringing Wes on in certain situations and it makes sense, he and the squad know exactly what the plan is.

I don't understand this at all, why explain your logic  to the world?

7 minutes ago, treer said:

Huh 🤔 it’s called tactics, they’re used in football, he explained the reasons he brought Wes on, it’s not complicated.

And to the world......I know we’re big but we’re not that big.

Edited by Mark 'expert' Lawrenson

8 minutes ago, treer said:

I get what you're saying but compared to the frustrating lack of clarity and explanation from Puel, I'm really enjoying Rodgers' willingness to let us in on the plan and share his thinking

48 minutes ago, dyanmark said:

Can I just mention the ball Praet played his first touch long to Chilwell wide left who hit the post .

Very tasty

It's scary that someone that good can't get into our team. He'd start for 15/20 clubs in the division at the moment I think. BTW Hamza couldn't even make the bench! Bodes very well for the Christmas period when the games are every 3 days and you have to use your squad.

Rodgers has a very good record at changing the game with subs. I thought taking off Perez was very harsh as he looked more effectual than Gray, but within 5 minutes it all made sense. Forget his goal for a second, his pace terrified Palace and because they had to push up to get an equaliser it was giving him tons of room to operate in. Praet also made a difference for the brief time he was on for, not just with that pass.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

It's scary that someone that good can't get into our team. He'd start for 15/20 clubs in the division at the moment I think. BTW Hamza couldn't even make the bench! Bodes very well for the Christmas period when the games are every 3 days and you have to use your squad.

Rodgers has a very good record at changing the game with subs. I thought taking off Perez was very harsh as he looked more effectual than Gray, but within 5 minutes it all made sense. Forget his goal for a second, his pace terrified Palace and because they had to push up to get an equaliser it was giving him tons of room to operate in. Praet also made a difference for the brief time he was on for, not just with that pass.

Yes, I thought that the substitutions were  very good too. Perez was getting very expensive in giving the ball away, against teams like Liverpool or Man City we could get punished heavily. Barnes too was becoming ineffectual. Both had given their best and their replacements were sensible.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dyanmark said:

Can I just mention the ball Praet played his first touch long to Chilwell wide left who hit the post .

Very tasty

I had a moment with that. Outstanding tbh. His first touch is a cross field ball which so nearly lead to a goal. 

We have that quality on the bench, incredible. 

16 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

I had a moment with that. Outstanding tbh. His first touch is a cross field ball which so nearly lead to a goal. 

We have that quality on the bench, incredible. 

I actually clapped and sighed at the pure magnificence of the ball and then Ben’s first touch. Oh how we are being paid back in full for the championship relegation and the seasons leading up to it. It’s a great time to follow LCFC. 

• Like 1