Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Palace 0-2 Leicester post match

11 hours ago, ozleicester said:

the dummy and ball from Demari

That was superb. I know we talked about Gray re that move, but wasn’t Vardy brilliant in reading the situation so quickly. Got on to the ball, hit it first time to Gray, then moved straight away into a scoring position, and when the ball came (which if you see the replay was not exactly where he stood) he quickly adjusted and hit it first time into the net.

Not having a dig at Chilwell (or maybe it is a small dig), but if it was Chilwell on the receiving end of the pass from Jamie, he would have taken a touch, went to the byline and missed the opportunity, so well done to Gray. His decision making is finally improving - under Rodgers!

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Gamble92 said:

Vardy's post match interviews are boring as **** for someone so charismatic. I get there's a "media training answer" to give but at least show a little bit of character. He talks about "getting back on the training field" every singe time. Done it on Sky and MOTD today again. 

He does his talking on the pitch which is fine by me.

Everything is clicking.

Each game is passing and we're still there.

It wasn't the complete all round game, but we certainly deserved it.

It's true about Tielemans, at present he's definitely back to his loan spell levels, in fact better, which was inevitable I guess.

Ndidi was great, but can't afford to be giving away possession in his part of the field that much, he did improve second half.

The defence is locked, seriously good and the stats speak for themselves. 

Vardy's goal was excellent, love how we're working the ball to him again, it's not predictable anymore and Incredible that there was recently a time when it was difficult. 

I think the overall fitness levels of this team are something else, that was a punishing physical game and nobody really looked tired, for me that's what got us through this game, we just kept up an intense level for the whole game. I'm sure that's down to the young team age, but the gym must be busy as well.  

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Hack said:

When you consider we have only lost to Liverpool in the 95th min 2-1 at Anfield, to Man Utd at Old Trafford 1-0 due to penalties drew our first game against Wolves at home, so we will call that getting to know each other and drawing at the Bridge with Chelsea 2-2. So loses to 2 of the perennial top six away(even though Utd are not that now) and drawing away to the team we are equal to away.  So Man City at home when it comes is a really important match, get a result over them and we are contenders.  Liverpool and Chelsea are at King Power to come, so things are looking very good for a run at the title and a real good chance of a top 4 finish.

In 15/16 we only lost three games. Look at the similarities to this season- an injury time 2-1 loss and a 1-0 loss. With Arsenal coming up we are bound to lose 5-2 and then go on to win the league

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Tom12345 said:

That was superb. I know we talked about Gray re that move, but wasn’t Vardy brilliant in reading the situation so quickly. Got on to the ball, hit it first time to Gray, then moved straight away into a scoring position, and when the ball came (which if you see the replay was not exactly where he stood) he quickly adjusted and hit it first time into the net.

Not having a dig at Chilwell (or maybe it is a small dig), but if it was Chilwell on the receiving end of the pass from Jamie, he would have taken a touch, went to the byline and missed the opportunity, so well done to Gray. His decision making is finally improving - under Rodgers!

Surely it should be Barnes ..... it actually happened in game 1 

How long until Schlupp is shipped off to Derby or something. Palace fans have had it with him. 

So glad I decided not to use my ST and stayed home sweeping up leaves. After the Man C game I could only see this going one way at Selhurst.

Ayew off for Tekkers, Schulp masquerading as a PL footballer. Our bench has zero depth coupled together with a midfield so ponderous it makes home games as dull and predictable as they have become.

If only we could play at the Emirates every week

Good win yesterday and Soyuncu was MOM for me but I wanted to give a big shout to Wilf. He was outstanding yesterday and is having a great season, our defence is so strong because of it. I'm sure this is Rodgers doing but he seems to have stopped trying to hard to be a playmaker, it's given him far more energy and confidence and now just focused on that defensive role covering so much ground and winning the ball. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Blue Ed said:

Good win yesterday and Soyuncu was MOM for me but I wanted to give a big shout to Wilf. He was outstanding yesterday and is having a great season, our defence is so strong because of it. I'm sure this is Rodgers doing but he seems to have stopped trying to hard to be a playmaker, it's given him far more energy and confidence and now just focused on that defensive role covering so much ground and winning the ball. 

the amount of balls he won yesterday was incredible that's why I gave him MOTM was all over the place, winning everything that was in a 10m radius

10 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...that ref was poor!!!

So many decisions he got wrong, the only saving grace  was he was poor for both sides. Tends to want to let the game flow but fails to spot obvious yellow cards and puts himself  a situation where the players want to set the rules.

Not sure how he is reffing in prem games!!!!

He booked 4 ( correctly) in a match with no obvious acrimony or spite and disregarded the histrionic card waving from palace players. I can’t see how making further bookings would have made his performance less “poor”

8 hours ago, Gamble92 said:

I dont doubt that and that's obviously a good thing that hes not stood there saying chat shit get banged gonna get me vodka out later. 

But its literally word for word "I'm just gonna get back on the training field and put me head down" in every interview without even listening to the question. Waste of time even doing one. 

Not really. Screw the press. Don't give them anything to beat you with. 

10 hours ago, Gamble92 said:

Vardy's post match interviews are boring as **** for someone so charismatic. I get there's a "media training answer" to give but at least show a little bit of character. He talks about "getting back on the training field" every singe time. Done it on Sky and MOTD today again. 

Take a sip of your coffee everytime Vardy says "getting back on the training field". He's been saying that for years. 

"Jamie, what colour do you prefer, blue or white?"

"Both are nice but we just need to get back to the training field and prepare for next week"

Edited by Koke
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

22 minutes ago, Koke said:

Take a sip of your coffee everytime Vardy says "getting back on the training field". He's been saying that for years. 

"Both are nice but we just need to get back to the training field and prepare for next week"

Can't really expect anything else, players are scrutinised with everything they do... so naturally they will close up and provide sensible, stock answers. Getting pointless interviewing some managers and players, tells you nothing.

35 minutes ago, Koke said:

You’re right and it absolutely shows his outstanding mentality - I run out of superlatives for him. 

2 hours ago, Blue Ed said:

I think Wilf is the main beneficiary of Tielemans to be honest. With Tielemans and Maddison in front of him (and Praet too to be fair) it has taken all the pressure off and hidden the worst part of his game. When Wilf gets the ball back these two are always looking for it so he doesn't have to do too much to find them. Well balanced too as it works both ways - Ndidi mops up so much that the two in front can take a few more risks to get things going for us.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, surrifox said:

He booked 4 ( correctly) in a match with no obvious acrimony or spite and disregarded the histrionic card waving from palace players. I can’t see how making further bookings would have made his performance less “poor”

... that is technically a yellow card "dissent in words or action". As you have pointed out, this was clear for all to see and yet he ignored it. 

10 hours ago, Gamble92 said:

I dont doubt that and that's obviously a good thing that hes not stood there saying chat shit get banged gonna get me vodka out later. 

But its literally word for word "I'm just gonna get back on the training field and put me head down" in every interview without even listening to the question. Waste of time even doing one. 

That would be class tbf! 

Haha, could be a ploy to try and get out of doing them I guess. To be fair to him, they get asked the same boring questions most of the time too!

12 hours ago, Gamble92 said:

I couldnt care !!! ,hes Not in the Marketing Business to put twists on 'your own ideal salesman'

Another Weird  negative Post to put a damper on our tallisman & legend....

He scores goals,in front of millions (TV and terraces).  !!!!!   But thats  Not Good enough ..you want him to apply himself  as an after-dinner-speaker...!!! 

Funny very funny..:crylaugh:

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, Blue Fox 72 said:

Thought it was Louis Saha that said that, not Cahill. Maybe you're right as I wasn't fully concentrating at the time but it pricked my ears up when I heard it. Couldn't believe the nonsense being spoken by a so called expert pundit!

I agreed with him. Palace would have been happier at nil nil, managing to keep us out.

Just how it normally is when the big boys come to town, but now we're the big boys.

Good times

• Like 1