Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Palace 0-2 Leicester post match

Clinical. Crystal Palace were up for it and was very impressed with their physicality and speed.

Guarantee we haven't hit top gear yet. This is building into something very special.

We’re not catching Man City or Liverpool, much less both, but there’s no harm is dreaming as long as we keep our eyes on the prize (which is 3rd-4th).  Build as big a cushion as possible on the likes of Arsenal and Tottenham, who are the biggest threats for those spots and our real rivals this season.

Edited by Deeg67
  • Like 2

Just now, foxes_rule1978 said:

With arsenal next, we have a great chance to really cement ourselves into the top 4...Arsenal look all over the place at the back and I really struggle to see how they are going to cope with our attackers 

Really want us to smash them, teach them a footballing lesson 

Thinking of those "records" we broke, Hodgson and Cahill not losing to us and the one of being pants at Palace. When these things happen it's hard not to get the feeling that something special is happening. 

I do think it's going to be very very tight, Spurs will have a better 2nd and 3rd third of the season than their 1st, Arsenal should be capable of a higher points per game ratio than they currently have and Chelsea are clicking together nicely. Today was vital, I've always said avoid silly results such as losing twice to them (Palace) last season and we'll find ourselves right up there.

If we beat Arsenal and they sack Emery prepare for the Rodgers rumours and even if they have no foundation we should be prepared for them, everything is rosey at the moment, we could do without any boat rocking and as we know the media have agendas (did they claim their Agents fee for the Maguire transfer?)

3 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

We’re not catching Man City or Liverpool, much less both, but there’s no harm is dreaming as long as we keep our eyes on the prize (which is 3rd-4th).  Build as big a cushion as possible on the likes of Arsenal and Tottenham, who are the biggest threats for those spots and our real rivals this season.

One of top two are dropping points in next game, and then both of them dropping points against Foxes, so not decided yet.

• Like 2

Said before the game i’d be happy with a draw given our recent record against Palace but i’m very pleased with what was a good result and a professional performance.

These were the games we struggled with under Puel and its finally time to say that those struggles are well and truly a thing of the past.

3 minutes ago, fazzyfox said:

Thinking of those "records" we broke, Hodgson and Cahill not losing to us and the one of being pants at Palace. When these things happen it's hard not to get the feeling that something special is happening. 

I do think it's going to be very very tight, Spurs will have a better 2nd and 3rd third of the season than their 1st, Arsenal should be capable of a higher points per game ratio than they currently have and Chelsea are clicking together nicely. Today was vital, I've always said avoid silly results such as losing twice to them (Palace) last season and we'll find ourselves right up there.

If we beat Arsenal and they sack Emery prepare for the Rodgers rumours and even if they have no foundation we should be prepared for them, everything is rosey at the moment, we could do without any boat rocking and as we know the media have agendas (did they claim their Agents fee for the Maguire transfer?)

last para - blimey that's a negative view. I can't see BR even considering it and Arsenal won't do it just yet. Having said that I hope we do beat them (but as you say, by "not a lot" so as to not embarrass them into triggering Emery) ::rolleyes:  

Just so impressed we held our nerve and then took the chances when they came vs a team that have humiliated us multiple times in a row in recent years.

Like the 2 consecutive wins vs Bournemouth - another team that had their way with us until Brendan took over - I really feel this is another department of what it takes to be a genuine big club/team that we previously lacked - even during the title winning season - but are now fulfilling... Food for thought.

Edited by Kendal Fox
  • Like 1