Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Palace 0-2 Leicester post match

It is happening again, we are contenders. The winners are almost certainly going to be one of the current top 4.

Now Tielemans is somewhere near being fully fit the team is really starting to shine. His sweaty aftermatch interview was in marked contrast to ice cool JV, so I reckon Youri still has some more to come in the fitness department.

I thought Madders deliveries were very good in general, particularly the corners. This aspect of his game often gets criticised so we should also recognise when he is getting it right.

Praet is a fantastic player, and our depth in MF is incredible.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, surrifox said:

Easy to say after a win for city but I thought the game was refereed superbly today 

...that ref was poor!!!

So many decisions he got wrong, the only saving grace  was he was poor for both sides. Tends to want to let the game flow but fails to spot obvious yellow cards and puts himself  a situation where the players want to set the rules.

Not sure how he is reffing in prem games!!!!

I've followed the Foxes for 45 years and I'll be honest I've never felt so confident in a Leicester team - and I include the 15/16 season in that. This is a seriously good team. I wouldn't swap any of the Man City defence for ours or any of Liverpool's midfield for ours. And on top of that we have a striker who has scored 5 more goals than any other player in the PL since BR became manager. I wouldn't rule us out from winning the league again.

i mean i know it's easy when things are going well (perhaps it's one of the reasons that they're going so well) but this squad is all just proper in love with each other. look at them celebrate the goals an stuff. ndidi against chelsea, perez last week, caglar this week, the whole 18 man squad and the manager celebrated them all like they'd scored themselves. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ScouseFox said:

i mean i know it's easy when things are going well (perhaps it's one of the reasons that they're going so well) but this squad is all just proper in love with each other. look at them celebrate the goals an stuff. ndidi against chelsea, perez last week, caglar this week, the whole 18 man squad and the manager celebrated them all like they'd scored themselves. 

It is a similar vibe it would seem to when we won the league, everyone is settled, know what they are doing, and are most importantly happy and believe something can happen. 

Vardy's post match interviews are boring as **** for someone so charismatic. I get there's a "media training answer" to give but at least show a little bit of character. He talks about "getting back on the training field" every singe time. Done it on Sky and MOTD today again. 

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

2-0 away at Palace in the form they’re in is an excellent result. A win next week would put us 9 points clear of our nearest traditional top 6 competitor. That is a hell of a gap at any point of the season.

When you consider we have only lost to Liverpool in the 95th min 2-1 at Anfield, to Man Utd at Old Trafford 1-0 due to penalties drew our first game against Wolves at home, so we will call that getting to know each other and drawing at the Bridge with Chelsea 2-2. So loses to 2 of the perennial top six away(even though Utd are not that now) and drawing away to the team we are equal to away.  So Man City at home when it comes is a really important match, get a result over them and we are contenders.  Liverpool and Chelsea are at King Power to come, so things are looking very good for a run at the title and a real good chance of a top 4 finish.

2 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

Vardy's post match interviews are boring as **** for someone so charismatic. I get there's a "media training answer" to give but at least show a little bit of character. He talks about "getting back on the training field" every singe time. Done it on Sky and MOTD today again. 

He can say what he likes when he keeps scoring lol 

6 hours ago, RumbleFox said:

Soyuncu is genuinely my new favourite player, so happy he scored. I say this with no sense of disrespect or bitterness but I firmly believe him to be an upgrade on Maguire. Man's a beast. Huge result against a very tough team. X

He just fits us better.

With big jonny evans as our undisputed best pure defender last season we needed pace to step it up a gear, and got that alongside anything harry could do.

It's not about harry and how we ripped anybody off. It's hiw we rinsed the market for one of our "biggest" names, and improved as a team, as a direct result.

Love this team.

And genuinely did not feel nervous. Aside from Newcastle and Southampton, that's what we do. Wear them down, work them out with our tactical leader, and then beat them with superior fitness and skill as well.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, vanity said:

Delighted with this big win against a bogey team. 

That said, they had several high quality chances, and when Evans was on the ground for awhile, I was concerned we'd have Wes in for awhile. We really need a game ready CB to help us as a back-up in the upcoming window, a quality young CB and then obv move for Zaha to put on the right. That would do us neatly. 

Don't remember Palace having "several high quality chances"....

• Like 1

On 21/10/2019 at 21:14, Grebfromgrebland said:

There's too much noise for Madison not to go. He's also way too pally with man u players on Instagram, congratulating them on good results etc. Personally I don't like it.

He either knows he's moving there or is pushing for a move there.

1 hour ago, StriderHiryu said:

Interesting to hear what Palace fans have to say about the game. They seem impressed!

Seems like a reasonable, fairly knowlegable human.  Well spoken

• Like 2

1 hour ago, StriderHiryu said:

Interesting to hear what Palace fans have to say about the game. They seem impressed!

Thats the second time ive ever watched a video from away fans talking about us. The first? Two West ham fans reviewing our game in the 15/16 season (about the first away game i think) where they were waxing lyrical about us.

Just sayin...

Edited by smr

2 hours ago, Gamble92 said:

I think it’s more than media training.

I get the feeling it’s just his way of keeping the squad grounded and focused. As one of the more senior players, who’s tasted success... he knows what it takes! 

We have so many young players, who need to keep working hard and stay 100% focused, if we are to achieve Something special this season.

I like his interview style.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ScubaBlue said:

I think it’s more than media training.

I get the feeling it’s just his way of keeping the squad grounded and focused. As one of the more senior players, who’s tasted success... he knows what it takes! 

We have so many young players, who need to keep working hard and stay 100% focused, if we are to achieve Something special this season.

I like his interview style.

I dont doubt that and that's obviously a good thing that hes not stood there saying chat shit get banged gonna get me vodka out later. 

But its literally word for word "I'm just gonna get back on the training field and put me head down" in every interview without even listening to the question. Waste of time even doing one. 

3 hours ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Don't remember Palace having "several high quality chances"....

3 hours ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Didn’t have one clear opportunity, zaha had a half chance at the start of the second half and Kasper had to tip a deflected shot over the bar... think that was it though. 

Obviously depends on your definition of "high quality chance".  While it was still nil-nil three chances come to mind. One around the 7 or 8 min mark, they had a shot probably 5 feet from Kasper, but Soy got in front of of it. Effort was pretty basic and direct, no real cleverness so Soy was effective there, but a better finisher could have slotted that. Minute or two later CP caught us out a bit and had a wide open shot from slightly right of goal a foot or two outside the box, shanked it. 50 minute mark, undoubtedly a high quality opportunity, lovely cross that should've scored but their no 9 flubs his lines from a couple feet away from goal, should have been 1-0 Palace there. If you disagree that these were high quality, all good by me.

Our defenders have been incredible, but CP could certainly have taken the lead with a small improvement in their play. Or just a bit better luck. Even when your defenders are monsters, which ours often are, obviously it takes a bit of good fortune to get a clean sheet in this league.