Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Up Next... Arsenal at home - pre-match thread

1 hour ago, Paninistickers said:

Wouldn't I be wonderful if this was a watershed moment. Changing of the guard. A footballing version of Ray Winston in Scum, putting pool balls in a sock, and annoucing that we, now, are the daddies

Yes you would. But always best to stay humble if you can.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, MC Prussian said:

I bet this picture is motivation enough to prep up the lads accordingly:

ramsey-selfie.png?quality=90&strip=all&z

The day Arsenal last won the Premier League in February 2016, I remember it well and the celebrations were immense as the Arsenal team done their lap of honour after an injury time winner secured the title. 

3 minutes ago, Gerard said:

The day Arsenal last won the Premier League in February 2016, I remember it well and the celebrations were immense as the Arsenal team done their lap of honour after an injury time winner secured the title. 

Against a team down to ten men, no less.

Gotta love this forum:

"Let's not get too cocky"

"We shouldn't be over confident"

"This could be tricky"

"Take nothing for granted"

"Need be be wary of them"

"Don't get complacent"

BUT WE'LL FVCKIN BATTER THEM!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Guest Eamonn
1 hour ago, Beechey said:

Draw would be most ideal, surely? We close the gap and go second if we win

I'd prefer a Man Citu win, to stop L'pool getting away.

Actually much more of a "must-win" for them since Chelsea and ourselves are 6 points clear of them for a CL spot.  Nevertheless the biggest match of the season, a chance to really make it formal that we're part of the current big four - and Arsenal is not.  This board has been giving Arsenal (and Emery) too little credit all season and they continue to do so - they're a dangerous opponent and if the occasion gets to our young players, they have the players who can take advantage.  Need to keep focused, stay on the front foot and treat it like just another football match.

• Like 1

Despite our excellent start, the results against Chelsea, Man U and Liverpool hurt because in all three of those games we should’ve got more. Let’s put that right against these lot. They are good going forward but we have a better defence and midfield - let it show on the night and get us really dreaming!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Happy Fox said:

A draw wouldn’t be that great, we would have to thrash Arsenal 5-0 (not beyond the realms of possibility) to get 2nd if that was the outcome. I think a win for Manchester City does close that gap between the top 3, and let’s not forget we still have to play Manchester City and Liverpool in December. So plenty of time to catch up.

But it’s certainly a title race.

....not sure I get this!!!!

A draw would be more favourable surely. We take two points off both teams if we win against Arsenal, and should Manchester City win then we do not gain on them  and we would pull three points from Liverpool, one more point than if they had drawn. 

Better to gain on both than to gain on one!!!!

• Like 1

It’s a bit messed up I'm more relaxed about this  fixture than Palace. I was wound-up quite badly earlier. 

That's not to say I'm disrespecting Arsenal because I'm not. I just feel the players will want this badly and it's a nice game to have before International duty. They'll thrive off this fixture and will want to go out with a bang. 

2-1

Tielemans and Vardy to do the damage. Aubameyang for them. Hopefully. Then I can tune into Arsenal TV 😂

Edited by Mickey O'Neil

2 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

This board has been giving Arsenal (and Emery) too little credit all season and they continue to do so - they're a dangerous opponent and if the occasion gets to our young players, they have the players who can take advantage.  Need to keep focused, stay on the front foot and treat it like just another football match.

Agree mate. Arsenal are the big threat at the minute alongside Chelsea. 

I really think we'll be up for this -  stupid KO time though. 

4 hours ago, pazzerfox said:

This is a good listen if you get a spare few minutes.

Similarly to how Pundits view us now (and did in the title season), you can tell whos the Newcastle fan and whos the Chelsea fan there.

Difference being, you know how great each and every club is and what they mean to the fans, rather than just thinking nothing else exists outside the top 6 mentality. 

Was no coincidence only Matt Le Tissier seemed to have anything good to say about us inbetween Paul Merson, Charlie Nicholas and the like. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, pazzerfox said:

This is a good listen if you get a spare few minutes.

Ben Howard should stick to playing music.

Seriously though, fans should get over this ‘big club’ horse shit. We won’t be the first to topple the clubs with huge resources imo.

• Like 1