Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Up Next... Arsenal at home - pre-match thread

6 hours ago, car1os said:

Worried about this one. The narrative is set - Arsenal are struggling, managers job under scrutiny, Leicester are however flying...

2-1 Arsenal I reckon

Their defence is worse than Southamptons!!.. But their attack is dangerous. Therefore it's going to be a high scoring game! 

9-5.

12 hours ago, pazzerfox said:

This is a good listen if you get a spare few minutes.

The Chelsea supporter's unbearable in this clip, reeks of elitism and snottiness. True Geordie honest and likable as ever.

Edited by MC Prussian
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Cheesemaker22 said:

I love how Cech had no part in that picture, one of the few Arsenal players I've had any respect for in recent years. (Unless he was the one taking it, of course).

Cech is missing, but so are Mertesacker, Koscielny, Coquelin, Welbeck - plus the remaining unused subs (Ospina, Campbell, Elneny).

Do Arsenal have any chance at all against Leicester next week?
AdminNovember 4, 201918 Comments
Ian-WrightArsenal’s turmoil continues, and after two home draws against Crystal Palace and Wolves, they now have a daunting trip away to in-form Leicester City next weekend. Everyone seems to be assuming that this could be Emery’s last-chance saloon as a defeat could see us drop further even away from the Top Four positions.

Leicester won away at Crystal Palace last night (a team we couldn’t beat at home), which makes it four straight wins in a row in the League, after losing narrowly to Liverpool. In the process they have scored 15 goals and only conceded 3, and it has shot them up to 3rd in the table, so now both they and Chelsea are 6 points clear of the Gunners.

If the Foxes beat us on Saturday, and Chelsea beat Palace at home, we will already be 9 points behind the Top Four, and even worse, Sheffield United, Bournemouth and Brighton will all have the chance to leapfrog us in the table.

And who would bet on Arsenal to suddenly get a win at the King Power Stadium, knowing we are winless in our last 4 away games. Not even our own Ian Wright fancies our chances, after Jamie Vardy scored yet again last night to put him top of the Golden Boot stakes with 10 goals in the 11 League games played so far. “Vardy’s record against the top four as well, so this Leicester team can be looking forward to playing in games like this because they know they can win them,” Wright said in the Leicester Mercury. “They’ll be giving the top boys a real chasing as well because they’ve got so much quality.”

As you can see, it is very difficult to have any confidence in our chances, although the one crumb of comfort we can hold on to is that when Leicester City won the EPL a few years ago, Arsenal beat them home and away…

Admin

Updated: November 4, 2019 — 7:52 am

• Like 1

we have to take advantage of how bad things are at the Arse right now and send Arsenal fan tv into even bigger meltdown(if that's possible). this is a great opportunity to beat them and get an even bigger gap between us. remember their claim to fame was they beat us twice in the season we won the league and it has never really got any better for them than that. would just love to smash these. Gooner cry babies.

I hope we can get something out of this, I'm confident in our ability to do so... but it depends on how Arsenal set up.

If they come to play football, we will get a win. If they come to defend and sneak a draw, it could be very difficult to break them down. We're quality this season though and I know this will show.

10-0 for me lol

TBF the way we are playing this should hold no fear for us. They are a threat going forward but their midfield and defence are shambolic at the minute and I can see us having  a field day. there is no real pressure on us, as whatever the result we will still be comfortably sitting in the top four. A win and with other results going our way a real chance to open up a significant gap to fifth and make up ground on Man c and Liverpool. We could find ourselves either 2nd, or third on equal points with MCFC, and its game on with a run of decent games coming up.

Our ultimate end point will depend on how our young squad handle the pressure of expectation over the season, but there are enough old heads there to keep them grounded.

Have to be wary of Arsenal because they have players who can score goals. But there is no doubt we will be able to cause them problems by putting them under pressure. Could be a high scoring game and its a great opportunity to beat them.

No need to change anything at the minute.

17 hours ago, Izzy said:

Gotta love this forum:

"Let's not get too cocky"

"We shouldn't be over confident"

"This could be tricky"

"Take nothing for granted"

"Need be be wary of them"

"Don't get complacent"

BUT WE'LL FVCKIN BATTER THEM!

To be honest I think I'm all of those at the same time.

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Footballwipe said:

How far we've come. I'm not even contemplating us losing to this shower. We're too good, too ruthless, too organised, solid, creative (plus many other superlatives.)

We are going to absolutely walk this and ram home just how far we've risen, and how far they've fallen.

Whilst I feel like we should win, "not even contemplating" is a bit of a stretch no? They have enough quality in their forward line that they could nick something despite their utter lack of direction.

1 hour ago, TK95 said:

Some Arsenal fans want us to win to get Emery out lol

Honestly feel sorry for Emery, Feel he's an excellent manager who read the Arsenal job wrong. The American owner there is absolute garbage.

Just like Harry's buddies.

That said, we show up on Saturday and work as hard as we did against Palace. We win. Period. End of story. Fvck off Unai.

22 hours ago, lcfcsnow said:

Hoping Rodgers resists the urge to start Gray

I wouldn't start him but on his current form I'd be very happy to see him come on at the 75th minute mark again. He seems to be happy to assist and contribute. He's an in-form energetic sucker punch against tired legs.

• Like 1