Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Arsenal 2-0 Post Match Thread

On 10/11/2019 at 11:23, Billy Big Balls said:

Wow, I'd have loved to have been in that room from 7:10 onwards, he was chatting absolute bollocks! You can see why his managerial career in football failed so spectacularly. 

Sherwood is like that bloke in the pub who makes a preposterous assertion and then keeps doubling down or making stuff up to support his positionlol

"Nobody would have stuck their hand up for Jonny Evans"  (apart from Man C and Arsenal who had 25 million bids in ) and who is this Korean central defender he was talking about Sung Yung Yoo? 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

The way Ndidi won the ball back and then dribbled past two of their players before passing the ball was :punk:

I also loved that bit where he tackled Torreira and Maddison at the same time! Showed the intensity Rodgers wants from the team in terms of winning the ball back. That we rank first in the league for number of tackles made is no surprise, everyone on the team does it. Maddison just got up and realised Ndidi was doing his job, which made me laugh.

Madderz:

He went thataway.jpg

• Haha 1

Interesting to hear BR’s comment re gray’s introduction - as we could all see, the game opened up and became very end to end (Brendan said ‘basketball like’ which he wasn’t happy about)  - so what would most of us have done..... bring on hamza? No, gray to get us higher up the pitch! 

worked a treat and illustrated why most of us aren’t coaches!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 10/11/2019 at 02:12, Sand cats said:

Leicester players have to believe in themselves and stop respecting opponents too much if they want to become a usual top 4 club, Today Leicester was dominant in the second half but they didn't show the same aggressive football and the strong personality they have shown against Southampton, i want Leicester to be ferocious against the big clubs and not fear them, actually all the lower clubs have equal chances to compete with the PL giants but the medias sow doubts in their hearts and so it helps maintain order.

9-0 against a woeful 10-man Southampton side after already being 3 goals up in 20 minutes requires a very different approach than a 2-0 against an Arsenal side which had held us for an hour and had players capable of punishing any slight mistake.

We didn't fear them. We took our chance, made it a safe lead and then put in a professional performance to guarantee the result - restricting them to precisely zero shots in that last half hour period.

2 hours ago, Koke said:

Why were Arsenal wearing yellow? Annoyed me. 

Same. 

I think Emery is quite superstitious though so may have looked back to the 5-2 win. I know that was under Wenger but that superstition is totally undone by playing 11 men behind the ball lol

44 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Ironically Arsenal’s first game of every pre season is at Boreham Wood or Barnet. 

Theres an opinion that whoring yourself around every pre season is a good thing. It’s really not and has an effect

Able to fill out stadiums abroad but about 12k empty seats in their own ground.

I wouldn't swap our support for theirs despite the disparity in numbers.

On 10/11/2019 at 14:16, Gerard said:

He is very good, I actually watched it the whole way though. You can only admire his passion.

Quite plus he his so right in many ways. I think the most telling part is the way he describes that fact for the likes of Arsenal and Man Utd is doesn't matter what happens on the pitch as long as they are raking in the money. I am sure this is the mentality of Kroenke and the Glazers.

All players thinking about going to the Arse or Man Utd should bear this mind before sacrificing their careers at the altar of brand football.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Xen said:

9-0 against a woeful 10-man Southampton side after already being 3 goals up in 20 minutes requires a very different approach than a 2-0 against an Arsenal side which had held us for an hour and had players capable of punishing any slight mistake.

We didn't fear them. We took our chance, made it a safe lead and then put in a professional performance to guarantee the result - restricting them to precisely zero shots in that last half hour period.

This was a much more revelent criticism  against MAN u  when we played the name not the team . In my opinion the onlything done wrong byRodgers since his arrival

• Like 1

It's a sign of how things are right now that a draw would have been a disappointment. After 65 minutes it was heading that way.Praise the lord for Jamie Vardy.

Even if we drew there was a lot to admire about out workrate and general play. We never slackened off right through the game. 

Evans, Maddsion, N'didi, were all superb and should we keep the spine of the team in place Europe looks a certainty.  Barnes and Perez were probably our least effective players and yet it would be harsh to say they had bad games. They still put in a good graft.

Arsenal were better than they were in April but we dictated the play from the get go. The longer Emery stays in charge the more likely it is that they will be out of reach. Of course they could get on Ole type bounce from a new manager but they have a very mediocre squad. They have a major rebuilding task ahead of them.

Been a great month or so. Slight letdown that Liverpool are still strong but top 6 was the aim pre-season so we're exceeding expectations. 

• Like 1

On 10/11/2019 at 10:32, Out Foxed said:

they have Auba and Lacazette both of who will have the vultures circling for them. Pepe and ozil will be left behind. 

We should put in bids for them we have no intention of following through with.

Start the conversation about "lack of ambition" if they don't move to the better team.

Revenge for the summer of '16.