Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Arsenal 2-0 Post Match Thread

1 hour ago, Sand cats said:

Leicester players have to believe in themselves and stop respecting opponents too much if they want to become a usual top 4 club, Today Leicester was dominant in the second half but they didn't show the same aggressive football and the strong personality they have shown against Southampton, i want Leicester to be ferocious against the big clubs and not fear them, actually all the lower clubs have equal chances to compete with the PL giants but the medias sow doubts in their hearts and so it helps maintain order.

This is where we are proving we are at the top,disturbing that Part Media Status quo....and giving the traditional big clubs something to worry about.

Not only that,But the "others" are helping .the cause of the 'rest' ....CP,Bournemouth,Sheff utd, are Not turning over and just lying down.

Top 6-8 is Now an Open battle,Chelsea & Lampard have Surprised a few,by Holding their own Top 4, but Not Really so unexpected  challenge...

I reckon you put too much emphasise  on this..' Media-conspriracy'  train of thought.   Its the Nature of the beast...Any New Kid in the Block has to rightly prove

their mettle and staying power...we are evolving und developing,growing in experience,But not yet that finished product..

Being ferocious against Southampton, takes and needs a different fight and ferocity against the traditional old has beens  of the old Status quo Top 6,

Like Arsenal,Spurs,Manutd,they may be struggling to find their mojo of old,but they still have quality to hit back,later in (anytime) during this season...

Like our title year ,our players are showing they couldnt give a cuss,But have this Time ,also that  'je ne sai quoi ' Quality & balanced arrogance about them....

When it seems we are not delivering that ferociousness,it us not about us struggling,But its that 'Nature of the beast" that the other Team opposite still have themselves still something to say & to  dish out....and are allowed to compete,and not just to roll-over at our begging..!!

We too still have to earn our spurs,and Confidence from that continual  questioning media.....its how it should be....!!!

Take note!!!  We havent yet done or achieved anything...we are still at the beginning of our potential new-era.

To be fair,there are alot of pundits and General media who are questioning our ' right'. but are supportive and enjoying that potential

Breaking-loose of our chains...side.!!!

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

I find it hard to imagine people are complaining about that performance.  When they turn up Arsenal are a good side - they proved it in the first hour.  They have the players that can hurt you and were exceptionally dangerous on the counter.  This was not the sort of match where we could commit everything forward and Ricardo and Chilwell could make strafing runs at will without worrying about cover.  This was not, in sort, Manchester United - a performance genuinely worth complaining about (not least from the manager, who at least seems to have learned from it).

This was a smart, professional, balanced performance against a good but flawed eleven.  We pounced when the moment presented itself (if Ndidi had converted his sitter it might have ended up really ugly for Gunners), and once we had the lead the gulf in composure and enterprise became clear.  How anyone could not be satisfied with that effort is beyond me.

Who..who..show me These blasphemous hyenas...Tell me who they are....!!!

I will send around some heavies..!!     Naa!!! a Word in Soyu's ear ,he'll greet them with a handshake....:ph34r:...

Did you see, when Soyu picked up Maddison,when he scored...:crylaugh:

From the back to the front, this team is working so well. 

Last nights game was seeing the potential raised to another level, insane that there's more to come.

One of the many things I enjoyed seeing last night was the way Soyuncu was pinging, literally pinging the balls forward, not checked his pass completion rate, I bet it was good, but I kind of feel the stats are irrelevant as it was plain and obvious to see how good it was. He played the passes with such purpose that it set the tempo, quite separately and on another level from Tielemans. 

I also noticed how much him and Evans communicate which, again, allows each other to bring the ball out with confidence and make the right pass.

I'm in total agreement about the importance of Ndidi, he's like the Aunty and Uncle that look after the kids whilst you go out and party. He was immense last night and continues to develop into the total beast.

No need for going into much more detail about the other players, they are all playing with such enjoyment which is running through everybody right now. 

I'm fine with Gray's position of coming off from the bench. Yes he is asking the question of 'should he start'?, but I'd say, let's leave things as they are for him right now, it seems like a development plan that's working well. 

Let's all just manage expectations now, 40 points. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, WigstonWanderer said:

Is it happening again? This team is so good!

For me, this is the exact sentiment that's driving everybody. It's the total unknown question.

I'd say, in terms of achieving European Football, then it definitely is, as for the other options, let's all just be sensible, yeah? Pizza making day imminent i'd say, or what would Rodgers do instead? 

5 hours ago, Sand cats said:

Leicester players have to believe in themselves and stop respecting opponents too much if they want to become a usual top 4 club, Today Leicester was dominant in the second half but they didn't show the same aggressive football and the strong personality they have shown against Southampton, i want Leicester to be ferocious against the big clubs and not fear them, actually all the lower clubs have equal chances to compete with the PL giants but the medias sow doubts in their hearts and so it helps maintain order.

Translated: Leicester won 2-0 and not 9-0 and I'm a negative bellend

2 hours ago, Vardinio'sCat said:

It's happening again.

In my mind that doesn't mean we will be champions, but we are in the fight for it, as we were in 15/16.

The passion is back. Like it should be. They are playing like we all would if we had the chance. That's been lacking the last few years. 

We can challenge for this title.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, StanSP said:

Yeah. Guendouzi had a go at the lino for giving a corner. Kavanagh spoke to him. Seconds later after the next set piece Guendouzi is moaning again. Kavanagh call him over to have another chat. What exactly is he saying each time lol

He loved his little chats lol God knows tbh, he wasn't a poor official, just made some interesting calls 

This was a great win by a maturing side who are now showing belief in their ability epitomised by Maddison’s interview post match. Make no mistake this arsenal showed up for periods in the game despite setting up for a draw. If they had stayed onside for their goal it could have been a different story. It was actually a nice move but clearly offside. That seemed to spur us on and after that there was only one team in it. We have shown that we now have the nouse to break teams down and can also mix it with the top sides. There will be disappointment and set backs no doubt but I am confident that we will be in the mix come the end of the season if we can keep up this level of performance 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Honestly after mulling over it, Arsenal were roughly our equals up until shortly before the goal, which made our win even more impressive. We kept it very professional, kept trying to work it even though nothing came off for an hour, and the trust in the system paid off. 

This.

I thought for a few spells we were having to really mull over what to do with the ball as they sat deep, the key difference between us under Rodgers and having to think in game rather than previous regimes is we didn't panic. We kept the ball moving and mixed up intricate passing and build up play with direct football that stretched Arsenal and got us competing for turnovers deep in their half.

In some ways we weren't as exceptional last night as we have been but then it was kind of more impressive that we turned the screw and comfortably proved we are the power houses in the division, not Arsenal.

That finish from Maddison was something else as well, he's turning in to a genius. Tielemans is mesmerising once again too, our midfield trio are up there with the very best.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, urban fox said:

This was a great win by a maturing side who are now showing belief in their ability epitomised by Maddison’s interview post match. Make no mistake this arsenal showed up for periods in the game despite setting up for a draw. If they had stayed onside for their goal it could have been a different story. It was actually a nice move but clearly offside. That seemed to spur us on and after that there was only one team in it. We have shown that we now have the nouse to break teams down and can also mix it with the top sides. There will be disappointment and set backs no doubt but I am confident that we will be in the mix come the end of the season if we can keep up this level of performance 

I missed this, I've looked for it, but can't see it, is it anywhere online?

Arsenal wanted to pass out from the back but had no options... and we have to have credit for that.  Comple of comments.

We go one up  so now arse had to chase the game...first thing kasper did was throw the ball to an arse player in the centre circle.  . We dont need to take that risk.

Madison garnering too many soft fouls... the ref got wise to him..   he will get a reputation.  

Barnes had some great run... he needs the confidence andvempowrrment to pull the trigger.

The upside of these notes is that we have opportunity to improve even more

Edited by foxinsocks