Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Arsenal 2-0 Post Match Thread

11 hours ago, TK95 said:

Seemed to be giving a lot of pep talks without any action

When Vardy got fouled at the end, that was because he let the fouls build up without intervening up until that point. Arsenal committed so many cynical fouls without a yellow. He had no control on the game at all.

But for me, by far the worst thing was when he ran into an Arsenal player so he called an uncontested drop ball, penalizing us for his stupid mistake, told our players to move away and then they almost scored from it. Could someone who knows the laws of the game better clarify if this was the right thing to do? As I always thought the ref was effectively a moving goalpost should he come in contact with anyone...

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Bazly said:

I found this video really amusing. Just watch from 4 minutes Tim Sherwood doing a proper Sutton and Shearer doing a Lescott. 

Wow, I'd have loved to have been in that room from 7:10 onwards, he was chatting absolute bollocks! You can see why his managerial career in football failed so spectacularly. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

When Vardy got fouled at the end, that was because he let the fouls build up without intervening up until that point. Arsenal committed so many cynical fouls without a yellow. He had no control on the game at all.

But for me, by far the worst thing was when he ran into an Arsenal player so he called an uncontested drop ball, penalizing us for his stupid mistake, told our players to move away and then they almost scored from it. Could someone who knows the laws of the game better clarify if this was the right thing to do? As I always thought the ref was effectively a moving goalpost should he come in contact with anyone...

I think there's a new rule that if a referee accidentally interferes with play then the ball goes back to the side in possession in a safe place i.e. back to keeper or back in a team's own half. I think anyway... 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I think there's a new rule that if a referee accidentally interferes with play then the ball goes back to the side in possession in a safe place i.e. back to keeper or back in a team's own half. I think anyway... 

Thanks I couldn’t really find anything online. Just thought it was weird that we got penalised for the refs mistake. 

41 minutes ago, Bazly said:

I found this video really amusing. Just watch from 4 minutes Tim Sherwood doing a proper Sutton and Shearer doing a Lescott. 

Sherwood "nobody knew about Perreira and now he's a player"  -  just shows he has hardly watched a Leicester game and why he would have the Arsenal squad man-for-man over Leicester.  Shearer got it right.

• Like 1

If there was ever a testament to the progress made this season it would be Arsenal, a side known for their footballing style, came and sat very, very deep. It was from the first whistle, they had attempted to adapt their formation and tactics to limit us rather than play their own game. I was surprised to see it. We controlled the game all afternoon yesterday and worked some superb moves down the flanks. A huge, huge 3 points for us to build on our claim for a Top 4 spot.

Edited by LCCFox96
  • Like 4

13 hours ago, RoboFox said:

We’ve not only beaten them, but apart from maybe 10 minutes, we were dominant and looked better in every department.

We’ve done it time and again. We won the league. We could be second in the premier league at the end of tomorrow.

It begs the question, what does it take for the big six to become the big seven?

Spurs and Man U upping their game?

• Haha 4

8 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

This is where we are proving we are at the top,disturbing that Part Media Status quo....and giving the traditional big clubs something to worry about.

Not only that,But the "others" are helping .the cause of the 'rest' ....CP,Bournemouth,Sheff utd, are Not turning over and just lying down.

Top 6-8 is Now an Open battle,Chelsea & Lampard have Surprised a few,by Holding their own Top 4, but Not Really so unexpected  challenge...

I reckon you put too much emphasise  on this..' Media-conspriracy'  train of thought.   Its the Nature of the beast...Any New Kid in the Block has to rightly prove

their mettle and staying power...we are evolving und developing,growing in experience,But not yet that finished product..

Being ferocious against Southampton, takes and needs a different fight and ferocity against the traditional old has beens  of the old Status quo Top 6,

Like Arsenal,Spurs,Manutd,they may be struggling to find their mojo of old,but they still have quality to hit back,later in (anytime) during this season...

Like our title year ,our players are showing they couldnt give a cuss,But have this Time ,also that  'je ne sai quoi ' Quality & balanced arrogance about them....

When it seems we are not delivering that ferociousness,it us not about us struggling,But its that 'Nature of the beast" that the other Team opposite still have themselves still something to say & to  dish out....and are allowed to compete,and not just to roll-over at our begging..!!

We too still have to earn our spurs,and Confidence from that continual  questioning media.....its how it should be....!!!

Take note!!!  We havent yet done or achieved anything...we are still at the beginning of our potential new-era.

To be fair,there are alot of pundits and General media who are questioning our ' right'. but are supportive and enjoying that potential

Breaking-loose of our chains...side.!!!

Nice comment i agree with you, the essential is that Leicester city is still improving and they gain as well experience and confidence dealing with the pressure and that's what matter.

1 hour ago, Bazly said:

Personally, the more people in the game with Sherwood’s opinion of the quality of our players, the better for us in more ways than one!!  Got to love Shearer’s reaction!

Is it bad that I kinda want to shit house Arsenal a bit more, throw in a cheeky January bid for Aubameyang, repay the favour they did us with the Vardy saga and just basically make them feel inferior by offering their best player and newly appointed captain a place in a proper football team... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

17 hours ago, RoboFox said:

We’ve not only beaten them, but apart from maybe 10 minutes, we were dominant and looked better in every department.

We’ve done it time and again. We won the league. We could be second in the premier league at the end of tomorrow.

It begs the question, what does it take for the big six to become the big seven?

Probably a lot better than the lowrst 3 are giving.

The league table tells me the bug 2 is becoming a big 4, and only 3 of them were part of the previous six.

Good times