Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Arsenal 2-0 Post Match Thread

Just now, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

TBF, we'll probably see a lot of that in the upcoming fixtures. 

I'd expect it from a smaller team away from home, but not Arsenal. They have so much attacking talent to waste hoping for a counter. 

Side note; Leicester of old probably gets caught on the counter with our high line and slow centre halves.  Having the pace of Soy, Chilly and Ricardo is brilliant against these teams.

• Thanks 1

Again we showed we can break the lines of teams that come to sit in and defend for a draw, hoping for something on the counter.

we were fantastic, ruthless, what I love about this team is the way we seem to step up after we’ve scored and really go for the jugular. Like a fox tearing up its prey.

Ndidi was fantastic again and has added so much to his game with regards to his passing and movement foreword he’s almost unrecognisable from the player we had last season.

Maddison and Tielemens  controlled the midfield with everything going through them, dictating, the ebb and flow. Chilwell and Ricardo really exposed their flanks. 

But our first goal was sublime and showed how good we are by stepping it up and wrestling control of the game back. Once that went in we crushed them under our heel. What a fantastic team we support. :scarf::scarf::brendan_still:

Edited by Vlad the Fox
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Have to say the officiating confused me at times. Kavannah seemed reluctant to card anything, Torreira with 2 cynical tackles and not even a booking. 

Yeah. Guendouzi had a go at the lino for giving a corner. Kavanagh spoke to him. Seconds later after the next set piece Guendouzi is moaning again. Kavanagh call him over to have another chat. What exactly is he saying each time lol

1 hour ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

No. He still drifts in and out of games ar times and is prone to errors. A class player no doubt and a star in our team but Caglar, Evans, and Vardy better. 

So to those who think he is our best player, feel free to disagree. I think he is a fantastically good player indeed who is key to our style of football. But nevertheless he could still improve his creativity and needs to focus at times. His passing game if he improved it would add tremendously to him and the team. He is not yet the finished article though I hope he will be. Striving to improve should be at the heart of what we are. No complacency. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

Had the pleasure of watching this game with @RoboFox at the Stag in London.

I'm really impressed. Not a vintage performance, but there was a gulf in class and we were the class team out there. What on earth has happened to Arsenal!? There was one team out there that had a clear style of play, trying to pass it about and make things happen, dominating the game and not giving up when things weren't going their way. That was us!

I felt we showed Arsenal too much respect in the first half but wore them down in the second. In fact one thing I think that separates us from being at the very top table in the league is that Tielemans and Maddison don't believe in themselves enough. I don't want them to become arrogant but the next step in their development is to realise they are the real deal and to disrespect opposition teams that are not as good as them. Once they started to play and get on top we blew Arsenal away and in fact it's been the case in every game so far. When Ndidi, Maddison and Tielemans are on song, we win the game! Maddison especially is becoming the real deal... he was very technical last season but didn't really affect games that much. This season he is something else, if his name was Andres Madiesta, people would be spaffing their load over him. He's pure class, Youri Tielemans too. Is our midfield the best in the league? I think it is.

I felt throughout the game we looked by far the better team and never really felt like we would concede. Even that offside goal was clearly offside to me when it went in. We were turning the ball over so many times in their half and eventually it was going to make a difference, and it did. There were so many times Arsenal couldn't get out of their own half and more composure in our final ball would have led to a goal.

A special mention tonight must also go to Demari Gray who for the second time made a huge contribution to the game, and must be pushing hard for a starting place even though I thought Perez was decent, though he went down too often. Honestly this is the best I have seen Gray in consecutive games for the club, he causes problems, is playing the correct ball for the most part and actually being a team player. *This* Gray is honestly a very exciting player.

Don't want to write too much other than to say, wow! This is the best Leicester team I have ever seen. It hasn't won anything (yet) and maybe it won't win anything. But I enjoy football to see top teams play good football to a level that I know I will never be able to achieve. To truly play at an elite level. This Leicester City team does exactly that! The Fantastic Flying Foxes! :appl:

Thank you so much Top, Rudkin, Wheelan, Brendan and the boys, you guys put a smile on my face every week. :brendan_still:

@StriderHiryu I can see that you enjoyed this game so much to write such a nice long piece 👍

It was a very pleasurable game to watch indeed. Arsenal was just Arsenal. I didn’t think they played badly and I felt at times they could nick a goal against run of play and get that win against us (something that happened a bit last season or two). Their team is full of attacking talents but they were suspect in defence and definitely in spirit. Our team on the other hand, boy, as you said were just a class above them backed up by a wonderful team spirit - which I think we always have but which Rodgers has reinforced. They did very well to shut them out.

The midfield trio of Tielemans, Maddison and Ndidi are, as you also said, just still getting better and better. Ndidi is really a monster now in terms of recovering possession but he is also good now in quickly laying it off for his teammates. Maddison - he has really stepped up this season - last 6 or so games in particular. His positional sense has gotten better and he keeps getting into good positions to help link up play between our defenders and the front line; and he is releasing the ball much better. Really good stuff from him. As for Tielemans, just well done to the club for getting him. What a class player.  And then we still have Perez, Barnes and Gray who are getting better, and of course Praet (who is a really good player already), boy, I am just excited. I do get worried though about Vardy getting a knock though as he is just irreplaceable.

Edited by Tom12345
  • Like 2

I have just read the article in Dailymail and they said Leicester City was also at this stage in 2015/16 in th third place with 25 points. Do you know any good site where i can browse previous premiere league tables weak by weak ? i want to see that.

Edited by Sand cats
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sand cats said:

I have just read the article in Dailymail and they said Leicester City was also at this stage in 2015/16 in th third place with 25 points. Do you know any good site where i can browse previous premiere league tables weak by weak, i want to see that.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/premier-league/formtabelle/wettbewerb/GB1?saison_id=2015&min=1&max=12

• Thanks 2

I was very worried when Ndidi missed that duck, because up to that point it'd been a very even game and Arsenal probably had the better chances.  But once we scored you could see them click off, which is the difference in where the two sides are mentally.

I think this win is more impressive because Arsenal didn't deliver one of their recent AWOL performances - for an hour they were very good.  Three at the back seemed to suit them well, they were extremely dangerous on the counter and their overall shape was decent.  Both subs made a big impact for us - Gray (who's been excellent the last few games) and Praet (who's always excellent - we seem to score within a minute every time he comes on the pitch).  But we worked two marvelous goals (brilliant buildup on the first, brilliant finish on the second) and once they were behind Arsenal pretty much checked out.  Those were the goals of a CL side to be sure, and that's what we look like at the moment.  With 9 clear of Arsenal and 12 of Tottenham, we really should be able to see this out. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Farrington fox said:

The trouble is Brendan will become the most wanted man in football if he keeps this up. But surely he’ll know he’s got something a little bit special here. 

They were already talking about this on 5Live immediately after the match. "Should Aresenal hold on to summer and then go for Rogers?" for a good 10 minutes.

Thing is, Leicester are becoming one of the top teams and clubs. Kids in their early teens will only remember Leicester as a top team, winning the title, Jamie Vardy, and if we keep it up for a few years we should be able to firmly establish ourself up there.

Maguire leaving was probably good for us, it's shown to all the other players at the club that moving away right now to a traditional 'big club' is not always a great idea. Yes, Maguire is wearing one of the most famous badges in the world and playing in a massive stadium, but he is being coached by a chancer, has poor players around him, and is at a club that most football fans are loving watching them flouder around from disaster to disaster.

Maddison must surely look across and say he is in a far better place for his football development and at a club challenging at the top and really moving forward. The moves to elite clubs might come later, but if we do get in the Champions League, I don't think any key players or management would leave in the summer for a non-CL 'big' club.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, jim5000 said:

They were already talking about this on 5Live immediately after the match. "Should Aresenal hold on to summer and then go for Rogers?" for a good 10 minutes.

Thing is, Leicester are becoming one of the top teams and clubs. Kids in their early teens will only remember Leicester as a top team, winning the title, Jamie Vardy, and if we keep it up for a few years we should be able to firmly establish ourself up there.

Maguire leaving was probably good for us, it's shown to all the other players at the club that moving away right now to a traditional 'big club' is not always a great idea. Yes, Maguire is wearing one of the most famous badges in the world and playing in a massive stadium, but he is being coached by a chancer, has poor players around him, and is at a club that most football fans are loving watching them flouder around from disaster to disaster.

Maddison must surely look across and say he is in a far better place for his football development and at a club challenging at the top and really moving forward. The moves to elite clubs might come later, but if we do get in the Champions League, I don't think any key players or management would leave in the summer for a non-CL 'big' club.

Really hope you're right 🤞🤞