Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Brighton (A) pre match

I personally would change a couple of things to give some players a chance. I’d start Praet over Tielemans just to give him some solid minutes and keep up his match fitness. He also could do with some time playing with the XI just in case he’s called upon due to injury. I’d also play Gray. He’s earned a start, and it would be good to show him if he works hard, he is rewarded. Also, dropping Perez for a game or two might get him to improve too. 

Also, maybe if we’re comfortable around the 60 minute mark, throw Justin on to give him some time with the first team. 

7 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Not going to happen and disrespectful 

0-6 then, it’s perfectly plausible that two of our players get hat-tricks but 0-7 is perhaps slightly more respectful to Vardy Tielemans and Madders providing his calf strain sorts itself out in time.

• Haha 3

The thing about Maddison recently is that he has been dropping very deep at times to collect the ball and he seems to have licence to pop up anywhere on the entire pitch while still having defensive responsibilities and some of Brendan's structure.

I think Gray could do the attacking part very well at the moment but Maddison's role seems very complex and probably the hardest to replace in the team at the moment. 

I think the answer is Youri moved to replace Madders and Praet to replace Youri. 

I remember when Stringer asked Youri when he first joined where his best midfield position was and he answered almost Beckford style "I'm comfortable playing any role over the whole of midfield" you could tell he meant every word rather than being some throw away arrogant comment.  

49 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

By all means we can stay positive and believe we will win but there is no evidence that Brighton are Southampton and stating we steamroller them 5-0 is akin to writing potters team talk for him ..... one of our strengths in 15/16 was our lack of arrogance ....... 

2 things to say to this. There was no evidence that Southampton were about to be 'Southampton', if that makes sense. Secondly, one very confident fan predicting a big win isn't going to affect anything, and I'm sure the team will be well prepared. 

I don’t really understand why you're concerned with a score prediction. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Dusty said:

I personally would change a couple of things to give some players a chance. I’d start Praet over Tielemans just to give him some solid minutes and keep up his match fitness. He also could do with some time playing with the XI just in case he’s called upon due to injury. I’d also play Gray. He’s earned a start, and it would be good to show him if he works hard, he is rewarded. Also, dropping Perez for a game or two might get him to improve too. 

Also, maybe if we’re comfortable around the 60 minute mark, throw Justin on to give him some time with the first team. 

GTFO Dusty!

Ive just put Youri back into my FPL team!

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

2 things to say to this. There was no evidence that Southampton were about to be 'Southampton', if that makes sense. Secondly, one very confident fan predicting a big win isn't going to affect anything, and I'm sure the team will be well prepared. 

I don’t really understand why you're concerned with a score prediction. 

Really ? Have you seen their home record ??

11 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Really ? Have you seen their home record ??

Yes. When did they last lose 0-9? Please don't tell me you predicted anything bigger than 0-3.

Now, explain why you're taking offence on behalf of a football team you don't support because one person made a prediction you don't agree with. 

41 minutes ago, Stonegold said:

Dunk suspended , Trossard Connolly Montoya all struggling with injury , Trossard is a huge miss for us if he fails to make it , although he has been coming off the bench recently after returning from the same injury , Dunk of course is a huge loss for us and iv'e no idea how we'll play at the back , probably a flat back 4 with Balogun returning , if i was going to pick a time to play Brighton away then this would of been it .

We've been very good to watch going forward this season even if we've been a little to courageous at times , the style of play is totally unrecognisable from last season and has suprised a few teams ,i'm not that hopeful of getting a result on saturday but most of the Brighton supporters thoroughly enjoy the way Potter has got the team playing . 

Enjoy the day and safe trip down .

The times I've seen Brighton on TV this season, they've been unrecognisable from last. It takes time to change so radically and I hope the fans are patient with Potter because for me, from the outside, he's doing a good job and is noticeably quite honest in aftermatch interviews. Dunk will be a big miss and Trossard has certainly looked a talent the times I've seen him. As a Leicester supporter of course I hope for a Brighton off day but good luck, onwards and upwards after that.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gerard said:

It's not the time to rest anyone or tinker with the team. 

Forget the 9pt cushion and the season starts again from scratch from here. A couple of draws and a defeat in the next three games isn't beyond us and that lead we have built up is now only a game away from being overtaken. we need to push harder on the accelerator not ease up on it. 

I think it’s the perfect time to tinker with the team. We’re about to enter a run of a lot of fixtures in only a few weeks. It will be to our benefit to have more than 11 players that are on form. Why not have them play when the rest of the team is on good form and fit, so if these players struggle, the normal 11 will have enough to get the job done, and it’s slightly lesser opposition (although not a bad team at all) and when we have a nice gap from the teams below. 

3 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

Yes. When did they last lose 0-9? Please don't tell me you predicted anything bigger than 0-3.

Now, explain why you're taking offence on behalf of a football team you don't support because one person made a prediction you don't agree with. 

I went for 0-4 tbh... lol

41 minutes ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

1-7 with Cags scoring a belter of an own goal for them.

I'd rather He scored an own goal screamer trying to hoof it into the Brighton fans. No hard feelings for them of course.

Edited by 420Hashish