Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
leicsmac

Brighton Post-Match 2-0

14 hours ago, The whole world smiles said:

Come off it mate He missed one day of pre season! Let's not split hairs. 

Kasper, Chillwell, Evans, Ricardo, caglar,  and the other internationals who played for their countries in june had an extra week off. They joined the squad on the 8th July. Youri joined on the 9th. 

But I do take your point about playing in the cup games against Luton and Burton. There could be something in that but I see it as more of an astetic thing (he is a bit chunky build wise and does look flushed at full time) rather than his play.

In a way I hope your right because he's had 10 goals and assists and has had the 22nd most touches of any player in the league so imagine if he does have another gear fitness wise! Personally though I don't believe he does.

I must admit I thought it was a week or so, but a quick search showed me you are correct. Makes a mess of my narrative, which is an update on my earlier,he's having a baby theory. :rolleyes:

But check out what BR said 3 weeks ago. "He came back a little bit later in pre-season and wasn't quite up to speed." So I'm not just plucking stuff out of thin air.

I'm defo not making the cup games thing up either, or that some posters have mentionedi  it. We all try to fit bits and pieces of evidence together to make up a narrative and we focus on different bits of the game, quotes or details, that's inevitable. I can see that the evidence for what I was saying is mixed.

15 hours ago, AylestoneRaider said:

Staggered by the comments about Youri’s fitness - he looked s bit jaded today and struggled with the wet conditions, but he is not unfit. Absolutely not. He might not be as agile as some, but he doesn’t struggle to keep pace with the game.

It's only 3 weeks since BR mentioned his fitness issues this season. I'm surprised that you are staggered, it was a big talking point over the first 6 or 7 games.

Anyone would think I had seen pigs flying over the KP or something.

9 hours ago, East Langton Fox said:
HighPeakFox
   1 hour ago,  East Langton Fox said: 

As well as my radio appearance I forgot to mention the foxes bobble hats for all away fans yesterday.

what a gesture!

what a fantastic club we have!

Were you on the radio, mate?

Yes I was  waxing lyrical about our performance. About 47 minutes into the program. It’s on the podcast.

I sound like I know what I’m on about. How strange!

WOOOOOSH

2 hours ago, Vardinio'sCat said:

I must admit I thought it was a week or so, but a quick search showed me you are correct. Makes a mess of my narrative, which is an update on my earlier,he's having a baby theory. :rolleyes:

But check out what BR said 3 weeks ago. "He came back a little bit later in pre-season and wasn't quite up to speed." So I'm not just plucking stuff out of thin air.

I'm defo not making the cup games thing up either, or that some posters have mentionedi  it. We all try to fit bits and pieces of evidence together to make up a narrative and we focus on different bits of the game, quotes or details, that's inevitable. I can see that the evidence for what I was saying is mixed.

In fairness, Brendan Rodgers is known for chatting bollocks in press conferences. Wouldn't be surprised if this was a case of "manager protects player from criticism" which would be perfectly fine.

3 hours ago, Nicolo Barella said:

To be honest, entirely possible they're right. Also possible that our players really did go down injured, and we know for sure that at least one did (Evans).

I recall Chilwell in the first half which meant we defended an attacking throw without a left back 

evans second half which meant defending a corner/attacking throw without a CB and he was clearly unable to continue 

madders second half ....... he looked like he actually got a knock ...... we were defending but we had got a free kick deep 

who else went down with a knock ?? 

its bollux as far as Saturday was concerned .....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I recall Chilwell in the first half which meant we defended an attacking throw without a left back 

evans second half which meant defending a corner/attacking throw without a CB and he was clearly unable to continue 

madders second half ....... he looked like he actually got a knock ...... we were defending but we had got a free kick deep 

I only remembered Chilwell and Evans tbh

• Like 1

4 hours ago, brucey said:

From the Brighton forum. Did anyone notice this? I didn’t watch the full game so don’t know if they’re just being bitter

800EE711-8F59-4475-8551-85D4D5EB181D.jpeg

Absolutely no objection to this in all honesty. I might sound like a nob for saying that but it’s something that good teams from across the continent do when they’re under the cosh. We’ve been utterly useless at the “dark arts” of football for as long as I can remember, and it winds me up and we’ve often got stung by it in the past when playing top teams. 

Go down, stop the game, stop the momentum, get together and re-group. Excellent game management. 

Taking my tin-foil hat off - our lads also could have been genuinely injured lol 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Nicolo Barella said:

To be honest, entirely possible they're right. Also possible that our players really did go down injured, and we know for sure that at least one did (Evans).

There were also some fairly hefty challenges from some hulking defenders but that isn’t referenced 

Made (ahem) heavy weather of that!

As is the norm of late we started off well but didnt take our chances in the first 20 minutes. Suited Brighton. Having weathered the storm :D they took the game to us a bit and in the third quarter it was looking dicey. In fairness they have always put it up to us bar August 2017.  If they had scored we wouldn't have made grounds for complaint. 

Despite all the praise of our play recently it was good to know that the old counter attack we're famous for can still dazzle. No one better than Vardy for it. Once we got the goal we never looked like losing. 

Our defence was good one again but interesting to note on commentary that Ricardo was often out of position as they attacked. Evans was..well Evans really. Hope he's back next week.Soyuncu was magnificent and Chilwell has had his best spell of the season since the Burnley game.

Maddison again was solid. Tielemans had a game to forget. Barnes again lively but not clinical. Perez has started to some good. An average of 1 goal in 3 games was what we expected so he's started to reach that target. Gray again made a contribution to the second goal so fair play. Praet too has such a good brain and highly effective when things weren't going so well.

Business as usual for Vardy. Didn't expect him to be hitting the high notes 4 years later but here we are. Mr Leicester. What a legend. There is probably better forwards in the world but I wouldnt swap him for anybody.  The one who makes us tick. Should have used that costume in Copenhagen yesterday!

It's a sign how better things are that this time last year we drew with them away. Now we were patient and saw it out. 

Now for a big December. Get that right and the magical mystery European Tour awaits.

10 hours ago, Nicolo Barella said:

It's one of my (many) pet hates when players start doing this especially as soon as they go in front. The worst aspect is the refs let them get away with it and almost seem to play along. You see the body language change depending on the score. I'm not saying that we're any different but any sort of time wasting is so annoying. I remember it being worst and most obvious in the Championship days. Couple this with the slow walk at substitutions (didn't the rules change on this ??) and the prolonged goal celebrations. Burnley are one of the worst for this starting time wasting from the first minute and the longest goal celebration I can ever remember. Funny how they changed when they went behind.

• Like 1

There was a point where Chilwell went down and Maddison told him to stay put lol 

After some of the play off games and cup robberies over the years, I’m very much enjoying it actually. We never used to play smart. Just using all tools available.

On 25/11/2019 at 07:28, st albans fox said:

When Evans was off the field for their corner, they didn’t put the ball into the box. I found that absolutely bizarre. 

• Like 1