Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
leicsmac

Brighton Post-Match 2-0

Anybody hear me on radio5 phone in, Mark heading home to Leicester after the win at Brighton?

anyway another successful trip to the south coast. Not as easy, Brighton are a better side under Potter although they don’t have the punch up front.

we were well worth the victory, pleased Perez scored, he looks a confidence player.

My only concern is if Vardy is injured we may struggle, we are very reliant on one man.

Got a parking ticket as well, parking was a nightmare but who cares!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, henrik_62 said:

That was a superb result today, games like that, away to stuffy sides like Brighton, the sort of game you are expected to win are quite often the biggest banana skins.

That's the essence of it for me.  Those are the matches legit top 4 clubs win and pretenders don't - an away match against a perfectly decent mid-table side with a good manager. 

We were certainly wasteful when it came to chances, but the encouragement comes from creating so many.  And in doing so without a ton of possession - it looked like a bit of a hybrid of our current style and the counterattacking one from before Puel converted us into into a possession side.  And we allowed almost no legit chances to the opposition.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, East Langton Fox said:

Anybody hear me on radio5 phone in, Mark heading home to Leicester after the win at Brighton?

anyway another successful trip to the south coast. Not as easy, Brighton are a better side under Potter although they don’t have the punch up front.

we were well worth the victory, pleased Perez scored, he looks a confidence player.

My only concern is if Vardy is injured we may struggle, we are very reliant on one man.

Got a parking ticket as well, parking was a nightmare but who cares!

No mate we were all listening to Sean, sorry!

7 hours ago, baldeagle said:

I’m surprised Brendan didn’t bring on Praet to replace Tielemans instead of Pérez to be honest  . Firstly I thought Pérez was having a good game and secondly Tielemans just looked of the pace . I am not slating Tielemans he just looked a bit jaded that’s all . 

This was actually the change I thought he'd make.  It's interesting to me that Rodgers stuck with Tielemans. Maybe he figured that Tielemans was good enough to work his way through a match where he was clearly struggling?  Every player is entitled to a clunker now and then, I suppose.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Suzie the Fox said:

Congratulations boys - Nice 3 points, clean sheet and continuation of our winning form. 1st 30 mins were orgasmic and last 10 were scary and bum clenching (the peno's part)

Vardy to add to his goal tally, Cag's MotM by far, what a player he has turned out to be.. 

Great game and i really enjoyed it and how we are playing as a team. Might have a couple tonight :P 

Steady on Susie :P

• Haha 1

In other seasons, with the scoreline reading 0-0 with 60 minutes on the clock, a ton of chances missed and the game turned in favour of the opposition, my pessimism would have set in, perhaps much earlier in all honesty.

Yesterday however, I wasn't concerned at all and that has to be down to our 'game management' under Rodgers.

As people have mentioned, we've not seen this position of strength since, if anyone can remember it? that time we won the league. 

Amongst most things in that season, Ranieri gave us excellent 'game management' and it's back under Rodgers. 

Of course, this is down to every element of the club working in synch and it's a wonderful position to be in.

It wasn't the accomplished display we've become used to seeing this season, yet we still came out with a 2-0 win. 

We didn't see Ndidi nor Tielemans in midfield and as good as Barnes was, he could have finished the game off all by himself had his chances gone in, but we still got all we needed, 3 points. 

It's impressive.

Soyuncu was incredible, and for me, he's the driving force now that's propelling the team from the back.

Vardy was incredible and didn't stop, he was my player of the match. (MOTM). Even he could have settled the game in the first half. 

Chilwell has come through his sticky patch and I can't see why now he'll join the rest to become one of this seasons most important players.

A full week now to get Tielemans and Ndidi back up to strength and we'll go into the Everton game supersonic again. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Danny Clender said:

my player of the match. (MOTM). 

And I, for one, enjoyed watching it on Match of the Day (MotW) on the British Broadcasting Corporation (ITV).  :P

Anyway... I agree with your suggestion about game management. 

However, I don't agree that we didn't see Wilf.  I thought he had a good game, covering everywhere again and getting a foot in. 

• Haha 1

I really miss the miserable gits who only surface when something goes badly.

Sorry, I lied. I really don't.

What a team we have. I was working, so relying on my app updating me. When it told me a goal had been scored, I was pretty confident it would be a Leicester goal. I'm now wondering how to deal with the next adversity, and when it will come, but right now it's amazing. I'd like to think the next sticky moment will be Man City away - however, life isn't always that simple.

Edited by HighPeakFox
  • Like 3

I don’t think Youri had his best match but for what it’s worth speaking to Brighton fans in the queue for the train after the match they all thought YT and Soyuncu were the best players they’ve seen down at the Amex. 

Soyuncu was immense. He is really becoming one of the best defenders going. 

Overall, clinical if not spectacular. Always tricky after an international break. Especially against a team who were less disrupted than us. Great result. 

A little rest this week and then fresh and ready for Everton. 

This team is an absolute joy to watch at the moment!

12 hours ago, The whole world smiles said:

There is quite clearly ifs and buts mate. Just because you say something doesn't make it true.

How can one player who trains exactly the same as the others and who had a full pre season be criminally unfit and the other players be fit as fiddles?

He clearly is thicker set bloke than someone like Ndidi and not as naturally athletic but there is nothing wrong with his fitness you are looking for something that isn't there.

He has scored 5 goals and made 5 assists in 15 games this season not a bad return for someone who is "criminally unfit".

He didn't have a full pre-season with us, as I recall he joined up with the squad who were already in France. I think he isn't as fit as he could be, which is part of the reason he played in the cup. There is also the young baby as a contributing factor and the fact he quite wide naturally (as you say), and the return trip to Russia (which presumably Praet also did), but many posters have referenced him looking absolutely shattered after games

Everyone could see he was a bit short earlier in the season, and I don't see why pointing out that it is still an issue is such a problem. Criminally unfit is going to far, imho. Not as fit as the others is more accurate.

There was a game recently where Vards and Youri were interviewed after match. You could tell JV had played, but he looked well recovered and under control. By contrast, a deeply flushed Youri stood right next to him sweating profusely like a larger lady, god bless his high quality cottons. Now Vardy is a machine, but the contrast was massive.

Benching him isn't going to happen because Youri at 90% is still one of the best CM's in the league, he is managing his energy levels effectively (most of the time), and he will get only get fitter with playing time. I would always play him if he was there or thereabouts, for the different qualities he gives you over others.

Edited by Vardinio'sCat
  • Like 3

Guest Markyblue
16 hours ago, henrik_62 said:

That was a superb result today, games like that, away to stuffy sides like Brighton, the sort of game you are expected to win are quite often the biggest banana skins.

Time to come over from the dark side henrik , you know it makes sense.😉

1 hour ago, HighPeakFox said:

I really miss the miserable gits who only surface when something goes badly.

Sorry, I lied. I really don't.

They will return when this team hits a sticky patch, and they will. Its a young team and we don't know how they will deal with a couple of poor performances. Tradionally we are a decent crowd in adversary which is one of the reasons why we are a good club for young players. In good times and the bad.... 

• Like 1