Brighton Post-Match 2-0

3 hours ago, Russell sprout said:

Everton h

watford h

villa a

norwich h

4 of the bottom 6 next up for us with 3 homes games,

these are good times folks

got to be looking at the full 12 points from these. Then aim for 4-6 points from Man City and Liverpool. Happy days!!! 

We’re gonna win the league!!!!

17 minutes ago, wokinghamfox said:

Bloody Liverpool beat us with a dodgy pen, get a lucky VAR decision today and in reality should have only won a point against Palace. 

Their luck has to go 'tits up' soon surely.

Keep believing . !

What’s a lucky VAR decision?

the son offside ?

the Evans trip ??

2 hours ago, AK76 said:

LCFC Fox Nabils vlog from today’s brilliant 2-0 victory, come on Leicester!

That is quality, Nabil. Keep them coming. :thumbup:

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, baldeagle said:

I’m surprised Brendan didn’t bring on Praet to replace Tielemans instead of Pérez to be honest  . Firstly I thought Pérez was having a good game and secondly Tielemans just looked of the pace . I am not slating Tielemans he just looked a bit jaded that’s all . 

I think he bought him on to add bodies in the centre of midfield shore things up abit 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Russell sprout said:

Everton h

watford h

villa a

norwich h

4 of the bottom 6 next up for us with 3 homes games,

these are good times folks

We must push on and get the points now to secure top four.  Arsenal or even Spurs might go on a run.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, stix said:

got to be looking at the full 12 points from these. Then aim for 4-6 points from Man City and Liverpool. Happy days!!! 

We’re gonna win the league!!!!

These are exactly the games we’d have slipped up on not that long ago. I’m confident but taking nothing for granted. 

Liverpool’s luck can’t continue they are due a bad run and I think that will happen in December with the amount of games they play... there is no reason we can’t continue to produce 

• Like 2

Always felt we would get the win even when not quite getting there in the first half.Praet and Gray did the business again.

On the Tv license I didn't get one for about  4 years while my house was selling/not selling not really thinking about it and then got pulled for a fine of £100 which was less than the licence fee. 

30 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

What on earth are you on about? Tielemans has been exceptional the last month or so prior to today. Astonishing, literally speechless.

You're 'literally speechless' because I said Tielemans looks unfit? lol

What a relief that must be for everyone that will have the misfortune of being with you tonight.

He is unfit. No ifs or buts. Watch out for it next game and perhaps you won't 'literally' lose your speech the next time somebody mentions it.

Half wit.

Edited by Nod.E
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Wymeswold fox said:

What's the record longest sequence the club has had, in terms of the number of games in not conceding any?

Can't fault anything at present, wasn't expecting to be this excellent under Rodgers 9 months in.

In recent years and in the Premier League?

We had three matches in a row without conceding under Puel in 2017-2018 (Huddersfield, Chelsea, Watford).
Before that, three wins in a row without conceding under Pearson during the Great Escape.

I think we also managed three wins without conceding twice under O'Neill.

Still one game away to match our five to-0-wins under Ranieri towards the end of the 2015-2016 season (Watford, Newcastle, Crystal Palace, Southampton, Sunderland).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Nod.E said:

What a relief that must be for everyone that will have the misfortune of being with you tonight.

He is unfit. No ifs or buts. Watch out for it next game and perhaps you won't 'literally' lose your speech the next time somebody comments about it.

Half wit.

Tielemans has played every league and cup match this season. Hardly unfit I'd say.

Cheer up pal. 

• Like 1

Just now, Fosse93 said:

Tielemans has played every league and cup match this season. Hardly unfit I'd say.

Cheer up pal. 

Quite.

No doubt immeasurably more fit than you and I!

But he's looking off the pace compared to his other midfielders. 

I'm not even suggesting he's playing poorly, but to get the best out of him he needs to improve his fitness levels.

3 minutes ago, Nod.E said:

He is unfit. No ifs or buts. Watch it for yourself next game and perhaps you won't 'literally' lose your speech the next time somebody comments about it.

Half wit.

There is quite clearly ifs and buts mate. Just because you say something doesn't make it true.

How can one player who trains exactly the same as the others and who had a full pre season be criminally unfit and the other players be fit as fiddles?

He clearly is thicker set bloke than someone like Ndidi and not as naturally athletic but there is nothing wrong with his fitness you are looking for something that isn't there.

He has scored 5 goals and made 5 assists in 15 games this season not a bad return for someone who is "criminally unfit".

• Like 1

Really enjoyed watching this game, far less anxious than the title winning season I believe in us to get the job done far more than I did then we play good football but I know we are going to grind out a result in the end touch wood lol

1 minute ago, The whole world smiles said:

There is quite clearly ifs and buts mate. Just because you say something doesn't make it true.

How can one player who trains exactly the same as the others and who had a full pre season be criminally unfit and the other players be fit as fiddles?

He clearly is thicker set bloke than someone like Ndidi and not as naturally athletic but there is nothing wrong with his fitness you are looking for something that isn't there.

He has scored 5 goals and made 5 assists in 15 games this season not a bad return for someone who is "criminally unfit".

Just watch him.

I feel like fans are blind sometimes and just react to the results. We lose and play well? We're sh*t. We win and everyone's buzzing. I have a history as a poster on here of being more optimistic and sticking up for players while they have been slated by others on here, because we'll have lost a couple of games.

Just because we're winning, let's not turn a blind eye to potential issues.

Watch him next game, that's all I'm going to say. He's blowing out his arse! 

Perhaps not a popular observation, but it's frustrating for me. He could be one of the best midfielders in the world but he won't be if he can't get on the ball regularly. He won't get on the ball regularly if he's not as fit as he could be. 

4 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

I wouldn’t say he looks unfit but he looks less slender than he did last season probably bulked up abit in the summer

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nod.E said:

Quite.

No doubt immeasurably more fit than you and I!

But he's looking off the pace compared to his other midfielders. 

I'm not even suggesting he's playing poorly, but to get the best out of him he needs to improve his fitness levels.

To be fair you did say his performances are becoming a concern which I think is what people are taking exception to. After a fairly slow start he's been excellent recently and today was definitely an exception rather than the norm, although I have to say I didn't actually think he was that bad. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Guest said:

To be fair you did say his performances are becoming a concern which I think is what people are taking exception to. After a fairly slow start he's been excellent recently and today was definitely an exception rather than the norm, although I have to say I didn't actually think he was that bad.

He was quite poor TODAY, but he’s having a stellar season overall. Benching him would be an over-reaction imho.

>

Edited by NaijaFox

Just now, NaijaFox said:

He was bad TODAY, but he’s having a stellar season thus far.

I didn't think he had a great game but nor did I think he had the sort of stinker that some others have described. I think his mistakes are highlighted in a way that they maybe aren't for other players because they contrast so starkly with his usual class and composure. I don't have any evidence for this but it also seemed to me that we were mainly focusing our attacks through Maddison's side of the midfield, so Tielemans wasn't as involved in an attacking sense as we might have liked.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Nod.E said:

Just watch him.

I feel like fans are blind sometimes and just react to the results. We lose and play well? We're sh*t. We win and everyone's buzzing. I have a history as a poster on here of being more optimistic and sticking up for players while they have been slated by others on here, because we'll have lost a couple of games.

Just because we're winning, let's not turn a blind eye to potential issues.

Watch him next game, that's all I'm going to say. He's blowing out his arse! 

Perhaps not a popular observation, but it's frustrating for me. He could be one of the best midfielders in the world but he won't be if he can't get on the ball regularly. He won't get on the ball regularly if he's not as fit as he could be. 

Fair enough. I watch him every week and honestly don't see a problem beyond body shape and levels of natural athleticism.

He's in the top 10% of players for passes and touches in the League so statistically he doesn't seem to be struggling to get on the ball regularly.

• Like 2