Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
leicsmac

Brighton Post-Match 2-0

39 minutes ago, Nod.E said:

You're 'literally speechless' because I said Tielemans looks unfit? lol

What a relief that must be for everyone that will have the misfortune of being with you tonight.

He is unfit. No ifs or buts. Watch out for it next game and perhaps you won't 'literally' lose your speech the next time somebody mentions it.

Half wit.

Speechless at your concern about his performances. He had a very mediocre start to the season but since Spurs onwards he has improved and the last 5 weeks he has been immense. Today he was pony though, I just can't get my head around why any fan would have concerns over Youri. He is liquid gold for us.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Nod.E said:

It's not just the stray passes, though.

He looked absolutely exhausted. It's just something for him to work on.

There was a period in the second half that he looked dead on his feet.  I do think that he recovers quickly though.  Quite a few people gave the ball away today though...He's a class player and is one of the first names on the team sheet for me.

I don’t know about anyone else globally, but I had to listen to Tim Sherwood and Michael Owen after the game give their opinions.

On the penalty:

Sherwood: There is contact and it’s a foul, but I feel giving a penalty there is harsh.

Owen: Clear dive by Gray, never a penalty for me.

Beyond comprehensible how thick of bias some of these pundits are. Also worth remembering when we played Liverpool Owen didn’t know what the complaints were about as it was a clear foul on mane for their penalty.

• Like 4

Not every player is going to have a stellar game every week. Ok so not one of yt’s best games but we mostly played down the left today so didn’t see so much of the Youri/Perez/Ricardo triangles of the last few games. He was still fairly solid though. For me that just goes to show what a great side we are at the moment, when one or two aren’t at their best we still win convincingly. It is unrealistic to expect 10/10 performances from all eleven on any given day. Ffs we are second in the pl with a superlative gd, the best defensive record and a team of young players that is the envy of the world. Just ****ing enjoy what we are doing and stop moaning and criticising. Would you rather have this team or the sh*te that we had to endure back in the dark wilderness days of the last decade. I for one know what I prefer and am revelling in it and cannot critique anyone or anything that we are currently doing.

rant over

• Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

I don’t know about anyone else globally, but I had to listen to Tim Sherwood and Michael Owen after the game give their opinions.

On the penalty:

Sherwood: There is contact and it’s a foul, but I feel giving a penalty there is harsh.

Owen: Clear dive by Gray, never a penalty for me.

Beyond comprehensible how thick of bias some of these pundits are. Also worth remembering when we played Liverpool Owen didn’t know what the complaints were about as it was a clear foul on mane for their penalty.

How the **** is the Gray penalty a dive!? The defender stamps on his foot, Mane went down for less, was booked for diving and Owen thought that was harsh.

8 minutes ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

Just a poor game, slightly off the pace, had internationals, I wouldn't be at all worried. Would people say Johnny Evans was criminally unfit? Internationals affect different players differently.

Evans was in hospital with severe stomach pains. Surprised he was actually fit enough to start tbh

28 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

I have to say two other things about today's game:

1. We really do run riot in the rain! I hope the boys aren't getting too unwell because every time the game is a rainy affair, we win! It's testament to the side and coaching that despite miserable weather we can turn in high quality performances and still play the slick stuff on a very slippery surface.

2. Our set pieces today were excellent! We could have scored 3 or 4 goals from chances from set pieces alone. Chilwell kept his delivery from the England game and Maddison we know is good at free kicks but was on it today with his corners too.

Said this before. We're 'The Rainmakers' 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

image.png.de89f1d0453508432bce59a5e625436f.png

lol

Same picture again but honestly after the Newcastle and Southampton games I wasn't going to question the ability of our team to play in those conditions. Collective scores was 14 to 0 till today. Now it's 16-0. We could probably play in a hurricane and win. Southampton didn't look far off to be fair. 

Bring the rain! 

Edited by LC/FC
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Why? Benching a player for a game is stupid? Tielemans has been in great form the past few games but many times this season he's been caught out dawdling on the ball and on some occasions it has cost us, or come very close e.g. Burnleys disallowed goal. Perhaps the knowledge that his place isn't as secure as it seems will help him keep his concentration. And anyway, Everton are a pressing side when they're any good, it makes sense to play Praet who is tougher to steal the ball from. I'm not saying it should happen, just that is a valid option that could help Tielemans focus.

No, benching a player because he has one below par game to give him a kick up the arse is beyond foolish. This is the same player who has been on fire the previous couple of months.