Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Brendan Rodgers - “I’m so happy here".

3 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

The last bit doesn't fill me with confidence for him staying beyond the end of the season to be honest.

In all honesty, the manager who pulled off the great escape and the one who won the league both got the sack less than a year later. The project he is referring to is a multi-year project: He might know what King Power will do if he hits mid-table next year.

But he's not going anywhere this year, because Top won't let him.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

In all honesty, the manager who pulled off the great escape and the one who won the league both got the sack less than a year later. The project he is referring to is a multi-year project: He might know what King Power will do if he hits mid-table next year.

But he's not going anywhere this year, because Top won't let him.

I'm sure he has a buy out clause to be honest, every manager does these days

Edit: I agree though, he won't leave before this season is finished

Edited by Nicolo Barella

Absolutely typical that most other news articles only quote the last paragraph where he says "Arsenal are a fantastic club..." with the headline of "Rodgers refuses to rule himself out of Arsenal job" 

When you read what he actually said in full it just sounds like he ruled himself out and then gave Arsenal a compliment so he doesn't hurt their feelings. 

They seem pretty determined to try and derail us and if the press had their way the top four would be the same teams every season. That's what happens when they employ mostly fans of their beloved big 6 who are already biased in favour of their overrated teams. Get some lower league fans on Soccer Saturday so we can hear some unbiased and fair opinions for a change. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Allegri will get the job for sure and bring in a couple of hard nosed Italian defenders straight away.

Didn’t he reject them before? Not sure a manager of his quality would be looking at a club in Arsenal’s ‘tier’. They need to hope they get lucky on an up and coming manager somewhere.

Guest An Sionnach
Just now, Meat and 2 veg said:

He’s clearly not leaving, especially not to arsenal. Just newspapers trying to whip everyone into a Frenzy and people somehow believe it.. 

Only old people read newspapers and only old people believe a word they say. Me I wouldn't trust the date at the top.

2 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

Not even slightly worried he'll go. It would be a very short sighted move.

Yep. Rodgers' stock is very high at the moment, he's far more respected now. has united a fanbase that was getting fed up and has rejuvenated a club in nine months. Arsenal is a huge risk- and he wouldn't be a popular appointment amongst their fans, I reckon.

He's already managed one top club in this country and didn't leave in the best circumstances. Going to another, leaving a very positive role in the process, is taking a huge gamble- if it goes wrong at Arsenal, he's done at that level of club.

Even leaving out bias, he's best off staying where he is (and that goes for Nuno as well at Wolves). Arsenal is the least attractive top job by a long way right now.

• Like 2

The potential of our team over the next 5 years is huge.

There's no way Brendan is leaving us to start a total rebuilding job instead for the next 5years.

When he could be rubbing shoulders with the big boys in Europe.

The opportunity we present to Brendan right now rarely comes along in a Managers lifetime. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, An Sionnach said:

Only old people read newspapers and only old people believe a word they say. Me I wouldn't trust the date at the top.

I cant tell the Top from the bottom,or front from back...dates Don t mean anything anymore...

Please understand,you see..   I   I dont know what Part of the continent I am on,Just that I am in it...:blink:

Please understand...You see...I am only the lonely & old...!!!

But still strong & Big enough to Clip you around the ear ....!!!  :banana:

• Haha 1