Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Brendan Rodgers - “I’m so happy here".

23 minutes ago, SO1 said:

The fact that you give Percy so much credence makes me sick to my stomach. Don't want to say something about Rodgers that I may regret later.

To be fair I hadn’t read the article until now as I couldn’t bring myself to - it seems to be more a list of reasons why he isn’t likely to be leaving. Would prefer it if it were just a case of dismissing it so much it’s not even news worthy though! 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SO1 said:

Just read the Percy article. Rodgers isn't going anywhere. Not after what he said in the presser today or he wouldn't have said it. Period.

Yeah I am feeling happier having actually read it! Which I admit would have been the logical thing to have done first of all! 

6 minutes ago, SO1 said:

Just read the Percy article. Rodgers isn't going anywhere. Not after what he said in the presser today or he wouldn't have said it. Period.

You’ve got too many rep points to leave for Arsenal’s forum anyway mate. I hear they don’t like outsiders.

21 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

You’ve got too many rep points to leave for Arsenal’s forum anyway mate. I hear they don’t like outsiders.

Don't get me started. Rodgers isn't going.

26 minutes ago, rachhere said:

Yeah I am feeling happier having actually read it! Which I admit would have been the logical thing to have done first of all! 

You almost had me. Being a Drama Queen myself.:scarf:

21 minutes ago, SO1 said:

Don't get me started. Rodgers isn't going.

You almost had me. Being a Drama Queen myself.:scarf:

You do know that one day you are going to wake up and realise you became more of a fan of Leicester than Brendan, don’t you. I reckon you are here to stay now!

26 minutes ago, rachhere said:

You do know that one day you are going to wake up and realise you became more of a fan of Leicester than Brendan, don’t you. I reckon you are here to stay now!

I agree. If this club can keep on building the way it has been.

There are very few mega clubs I would follow Rodgers to after the short time he's been here. Always like to root for the underdog

and see players and clubs punch above their weight. Nobody likes watching a rich bully kick ass.

That said, I still want him to stay as long as he's wanted and watch this club build something special. Early days and still a long way left to go

1 hour ago, Foxxed said:

Living for the rep points. Living the dream!:plancque:

This pap is nice to read, but let's be honest - what would you expect BR to say?  "I"m glad we're doing well, because it's serving my plan to get a gig at a Big 6 club ASAP?"  Rodgers is a good politician and always has been - he's not going to plss in his own bathwater.

The board should already know who they want to be the next manager, and have a concrete plan in place to get him.  I don't think BR will leave in January but with the jobs likely to be open next summer, I think there's a very strong chance he'll be gone.  Don't be hurt, don't be angry - just understand that this was his plan all along, and the fact that it's happening means he succeeded at Leicester (which benefits everybody).

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

I don't like him much either, but I can't think of a time in recent memory he's been wrong

4 hours ago, SO1 said:

Its in the Telegraph free to read. Its not happening. Useless drama.

I don’t know why people are getting worked up about this, Rodgers is not going to go anywhere this season and in the unlikely event he does:

1) He leaves us in a much better position than we started

2) We’re an extremely attractive proposition for a new manager

3) **** him, man’s dug his own grave for his career at that point.

People getting worked up about the £14m fee too - you know if Arsenal pay it he doesn’t have to go? Arsenal triggered Vardy’s release clause and he stayed put despite them being a far more attractive option at the time than they are today.

His agent will be absolutely loving this. I reckon he’ll sign a new contract before Christmas with a bigger buyout/pay-off.

Why would he leave anytime soon ? He has built something here, enhanced his reputation and more importantly has a great chance of Champions League football next season. Arsenal are in a right mess and l don't think he sees that 'project' as viable. I think his next job will be abroad. 

It’s bound to happen, any manager who is doing well at a club that isn’t considered one of the big six will be potentially looked at as an option for those clubs. Football has proven to be a fickle game in the past, despite our current situation in reality we aren’t Arsenal, Man United, Man City, Chelsea or Liverpool..... taking out current situations those clubs will always have a greater pull, of not Maguire wouldn’t have left, we’re talking about super heavyweights and they’ve earned the right to be such clubs thanks to their history. Staying here is the best thing Rodgers could do for his career, because if we could finish this season with a top four finish and domestic trophy the it is only going to enhance his reputation. Manure and Arsenal are in the worse state they have been for years, going through managers isn’t going to help them, their squads don’t have the right characters in then to succeed, so I can’t see what Rodgers would do in the time period given to avoid being sacked.

He did walk away from Celtic, but the situation was slightly different considering he had won multiple trophies, but I would like to think he would stay here until he has at least achieved something, but football can be a bastard sometimes, and I just hope it doesn’t all come crumbling down for us.