Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Brendan Rodgers - “I’m so happy here".

If Brendan goes so does all the positivity and great football.

This is the best I've ever seen us play and the aspirations have never been higher.

But the real sad thing is that if he does go then it will prove once and for all that a club the size and stature of Leicester well never establish themselves as a big club. 

Guest An Sionnach

I think they should appoint Martin Keown and Perry Groves as their new management team . Under their wise guidance they would at last enjoy The Championship experience.

9 hours ago, SO1 said:

The fact that you give Percy so much credence makes me sick to my stomach. Don't want to say something about Rodgers that I may regret later.

The value has credence if he wrote it 

this interests me for the following reason

it seems to match the remainder of his contract so it would seem Rodgers wouldn’t let us put in an amount much different than what we are still contracted to pay him...... the plus side of this is that mangers can always simply resign and move on (not viewed well at the LMA) - however, it also shows he was already looking ahead when he negotiated his deal here. 

9 months later, if he likes it so much here then we should take the opportunity to let him show it via an improved deal

the worst thing about him leaving is that we would lose him (and kolo of course who would love to go back to n London) but be stuck with congerton !!  (Last bit was tongue in cheek)

Edited by st albans fox

Why are people talking like him going is a very likely possibility? He's just said he's loving it here, Arsenal are reported to be talking to Allegri.

I know the media love to sell our players and re-employ our managers when we're doing well, but that's all it is, pundits giving their stupid opinions. Yes Arsenal should go for Rodgers, he's a fantastic manager, but that doesn't mean right now he'll go for Arsenal, and there's no indication he will do. Add to that the club told Spurs to do one the other week, what makes people think they'll just accept any approach from Arsenal.

Rodgers has always stuck around at clubs a little while, often until pushed or he feels he's taken them far enough. I think maybe Swansea to Liverpool was the exception, but that was a huge jump in club stature, this isn't. 

Plus the bookies still have him at pretty long odds. If there's a strong possibilty of a new manager they don't normally offer between 20/1 to 33/1.

24 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

But the real sad thing is that if he does go then it will prove once and for all that a club the size and stature of Leicester well never establish themselves as a big club. 

I’m really annoyed that it’s been four years since we won the league with constant high demands for tickets but no progress on a stadium expansion/upgrade. That is holding us back as far as being considered a big club.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Why are people talking like him going is a very likely possibility? He's just said he's loving it here, Arsenal are reported to be talking to Allegri.

I know the media love to sell our players and re-employ our managers when we're doing well, but that's all it is, pundits giving their stupid opinions. Yes Arsenal should go for Rodgers, he's a fantastic manager, but that doesn't mean right now he'll go for Arsenal, and there's no indication he will do. Add to that the club told Spurs to do one the other week, what makes people think they'll just accept any approach from Arsenal.

Rodgers has always stuck around at clubs a little while, often until pushed or he feels he's taken them far enough. I think maybe Swansea to Liverpool was the exception, but that was a huge jump in club stature, this isn't. 

Plus the bookies still have him at pretty long odds. If there's a strong possibilty of a new manager they don't normally offer between 20/1 to 33/1.

The bookies know plenty ....... given that Brendan hasn’t actually ruled himself out, don’t be surprised to see a narrative over the next few days whereby arsenal are trying to speak with him and the bookies report his odds have shortened dramatically..... drags others in to jump on the bandwagon ......... it happens a lot in easily gerrymandered markets ......

someone let the cat out of the bag on talkSPORT the day after Poch was sacked.... said he was at a William hill event at lunchtime and was told Poch had gone.  Still hours before the book was closed on Poch being the next man to be sacked ........

2 minutes ago, lcfcsnow said:

I’m really annoyed that it’s been four years since we won the league with constant high demands for tickets but no progress on a stadium expansion/upgrade. That is holding us back as far as being considered a big club.

Club was clear that the first step was the training ground and only one project at a time .....

26 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

If Brendan goes so does all the positivity and great football.

This is the best I've ever seen us play and the aspirations have never been higher.

Pretty much how I see it.

I hope he genuinely does have a plan here which will be seen through to the conclusion. 
We are a MUCH better side than the Arse at the moment and CL is a real possibility.

Football is swimming in money so much that it reeks of it. But now would not be the time for Brendan to leave. It would be a devastating blow to us imo

7 minutes ago, lcfcsnow said:

It’s not like they haven’t been doing anything in the meantime. We have seen plans, there’s been consultation. It’s happening. 

I'd be astonished if he left whilst we have a sniff of winning the PL, jobs like Arsenals, Man Utd and Chelsea come up almost every season as they are ran an absolute disgrace. It's not as if his stock is going to go down by trying to win us the Prem again. If he did leave then fcuk him, it would be a mistake but I think he knows exactly what he is doing.

Sadly managers cost usually their entire remaining salary which is about £14m in Rodgers case. We could have put another release clause in but if it was more than his contract it might not mean much, we could refuse to let him go but that always plays out in the managers favour as clubs effectively pay two managers as their job is untenable.

1 minute ago, Col city fan said:

That’s exactly what’s being discussed?

We don’t want the ride to stop and us all have to get off. People are right to be slightly concerned about the link to Arsenal

Are they? Or are people just panicking?

Of course I don't want it to stop, I'm just not going to waste energy about it. 

Whilst I don't think hell go to Arsenal it is only a matter of time until something else appears he fancies. The frustration for us City folks is regardless of how well we do the media will not let it lie and the big dogs will not give up in their pursuit. Sad but true. Be amazed if behind the scenes were not tailoring reports for a potential replacement for one day, hopefully at least another season away yet.

there will always be clubs after our players or manager when we are playing well and mixing it with the so called big boys. the more successful we are the more other clubs will try to tempt players and the manager if he is seen to be doing a great job away. giving the manger every resources to be successful here is a way to make him feel wanted and loved and a reason to want to stay but the pull of managing a so called bigger club is something we will never understand as life long Leicester fans because we see the world in foxes tinted spectacles. it is about establishing ourselves regularly as top four contenders over a number of seasons and if we do that the manager and players will have less reasons to want to leave.