Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Brendan Rodgers - “I’m so happy here".

3 hours ago, Izzy said:

"I’m so happy here. Every part of my life, my footballing life, I’ve always enjoyed working with the players that I have and none more so than these guys" (Brendan Rodgers - Nov 2019)

"I’m loving my life up here. I’m not going to be here forever, but I’m living in a dream" (Brendan Rodgers - 2 weeks before he left Celtic)

:whistle:

There’s a massive difference with those quotes. 

‘I’m not going to be here forever’

Stop feeding Chris Sutton airtime 😂 

• Haha 2

Rodgers agent gave him some good advice ......... he is fluttering his eyelashes at the Emirates.......not ruling himself out .......  arsenal have employed middle men (otherwise known as fooking agents) to suss out how he land lies ....... they will find out if he is prepared to jump ship if we agreed to let him talk to them. We will refuse permission but I expect Brendan will expect a pay rise as a consequence...... if he just ruled himself out then he scuppers his pay rise prospects ...... it’s not his fault he is sought after ! 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Izzy said:

"I’m so happy here. Every part of my life, my footballing life, I’ve always enjoyed working with the players that I have and none more so than these guys" (Brendan Rodgers - Nov 2019)

"I’m loving my life up here. I’m not going to be here forever, but I’m living in a dream" (Brendan Rodgers - 2 weeks before he left Celtic)

:whistle:

26 minutes ago, Izzy said:

It's funny, I was thinking yesterday about how happy I am in my job. I had a good job up north but I'm very ambitious and moved down to the midlands last year to join a medium sized business and I'm loving it. This new job feels like I'm at the beginning of something and I’ve absolutely loved every minute since I came here and have a good relationship with the people that run the business. My relationship with my team and colleagues is really strong and it feels as if we’re beginning something really exciting.

Honestly, I’m very happy. I know when I left my job up north it was tough and it seemed fairly quick, but I think if you trace my career, apart from when I got the sack years ago, I was in a job for at least a few years. I came to this job with a purpose and the reason was that I felt I could help the business develop and grow and take on that responsibility that the ownership had given me. I’m so happy here. Every part of my life, my working life, I’ve always enjoyed working with people and none more so than these guys. They’ve been brilliant since I came in. For me as a people manager, that relationship is so important.

Then this morning I got a job offer from a large FTSE 100 corporation down in London offering me twice my current salary!

See ya later alligator!

JudySpank.JPG.ed7438549b30d53f2e4f35e7086ccd9c.JPG

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Hammo said:

Rodgers would be insane to leave us for any other job at this moment in time. And in any case Top, like he did with Spurs, will politely tell Arsenal  - and the Charlie Nicholases of this world - to go **** themselves.

Charlie Nicolas would be sitting there all offended

3 hours ago, Corky said:

Yep. Rodgers' stock is very high at the moment, he's far more respected now. has united a fanbase that was getting fed up and has rejuvenated a club in nine months. Arsenal is a huge risk- and he wouldn't be a popular appointment amongst their fans, I reckon.

He's already managed one top club in this country and didn't leave in the best circumstances. Going to another, leaving a very positive role in the process, is taking a huge gamble- if it goes wrong at Arsenal, he's done at that level of club.

Even leaving out bias, he's best off staying where he is (and that goes for Nuno as well at Wolves). Arsenal is the least attractive top job by a long way right now.

Agree entirely. It's not even a bias thing for me here when I say that either - he'd be absolutely mad to do it. He wouldn't succeed at Arsenal. Not unless they gave him years.

Rodgers is the type I think who can take an unpolished diamond of a side and make them brilliant, rather than someone who will rebuild - something that Arsenal need to do. Puel for all his faults left a good squad here, Rodgers has taken them to another level.

Arsenal he'd go there and probably be out of the door again within a couple of years, with his reputation in tatters.

Rodgers has got a good 20+ years left in management if he wants it. He doesn't have to rush into a basket case like that.

2 hours ago, Izzy said:

There you go then, all the expert evidence you need and said with such certainty.

Close thread :thumbup:

9 minutes ago, Tuna said:

He won't leave right now

Just adding you to the list of certainty bro :thumbup:

• Like 1

This statement means nothing, many managers come out and say there "happy at the club and look forward to building towards the future" then of course few days later they leave. To be honest I don't think Brendan would go, he's not been that long really only joined what in February. Why would you wanna leave a club whose currently 2nd in a great chance of qualifying for the champions league, chance of winning the league cup and maybe even a shout for the league title for a club currently sitting 7th who are out the league cup, unlikely to make the top four... unless your Arsenal fan it would a bizzare move. 

Arsenal will probably take their time for the next appointment... Freddie will be in charge probably until the new year and then come January there new man will come in... the more i think about it the more I think it will be Carlo Ancelotti.

38 minutes ago, rachhere said:

Seeing John Percy writing about this does not please me. 

The fact that you give Percy so much credence makes me sick to my stomach. Don't want to say something about Rodgers that I may regret later.