Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Kelechi Iheanacho

Forget the game, I'm so pleased with Kelechi, he's on fire at the moment, and long may it continue! He deserves to show how good he is.

43 minutes ago, dayday said:

Never thought I would say this but we need a new striker partner for Kels, and use Vardy as a impact sub

Completely agree. Gutting to say about Vardy, but if he was anyone else he'd be benched by now 😔

What I really like about him is that he drops into that no 10 position, half turns and lays it off or tries to make something happen. He also lays the ball off and we can build around him. Vards doesnt give us that and needs the ball behind.

I cant wait for Maddison to be the one playing behind both Vards and Kelechi as we will have all sorts of options going forward. Its just a shame Madders messed up and didnt give Brendan the opportunity to play him instead of Praet.

I think Kel’s overall game is actually v good - he’s great and getting on the ball and opening up the pitch and that venomous left foot is becoming more lethal with each game that passes. His decision making can be a bit wayward and he can look clumsy, but he definitely gives us do much more than just goals.

Kel’s dragged us through this period with Vards out of sorts and Harvey + Madds unavailable. A huge achievement for a player that was actually dropped to accommodate the underwhelming Perez as a false 9 not long ago. If we scrape Top 4 he will deserve a lot of the credit.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

For me this is the most impressive thing about his improvement. He did make a mistake which ultimately led to their third goal, but throughout the game he was linking up with others, playing one twos and making things happen for us. He has been our best player for the last two months now, maybe he wasn't the best against Man City, but he didn't have much of the ball in that game.

As @dayday says, in current form it would be wiser to find a strike partner for Nacho than a replacement for Vardy which is utterly bonkers to say as a Leicester fan, but is the truth. I wonder if Barnes and Nacho can be a front two, it has been tried in cup games and given Nacho's current form and Barnes before he got injured, could be quite lethal.

Nothing but plaudits for Nacho. Dropped from the team numerous times under multiple managers, he didn't complain, didn't go partying and instead worked his arse off to get back into the team. Then when given a run of games, showed everyone what he can do and has done it consistently. Some of our players need to take a look at Kelechi and use him as a role model, he has been nothing short of first class in 2021.

Yes, I was just thinking about this myself.  With Barnes pace and strong running I think it would work. Iheanacho being able to drop a little deeper and able to play runners like Barnes in.

13 minutes ago, Plastik Man said:

Yes, I was just thinking about this myself.  With Barnes pace and strong running I think it would work. Iheanacho being able to drop a little deeper and able to play runners like Barnes in.

Previously when tried it’s looked OK but not something that would cut it at the highest level. But the current version of Nacho is no joke and it might work. Guess we will see next season. 

So pleased for him and what a saviour he is at the moment. Just shows what a run of games and a little confidence does for a player. I think a few others could benefit from this and playing in one position, for example Dennis. It's hard to find momentum when it's chopped and changed all the time. 

Well done Kel!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hales said:

So pleased for him and what a saviour he is at the moment. Just shows what a run of games and a little confidence does for a player. I think a few others could benefit from this and playing in one position, for example Dennis. It's hard to find momentum when it's chopped and changed all the time. 

Well done Kel!

Es would of won if he hadnt Snapped at those 2 chances in the First half, and 2 others in the 2nd half....

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Previously when tried it’s looked OK but not something that would cut it at the highest level. But the current version of Nacho is no joke and it might work. Guess we will see next season. 

It's certainly food for thought as to who does come in this summer, and the possible combinations up front with Iheanacho, Barnes,  Vardy, and our options at 10.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Plastik Man said:

It's certainly food for thought as to who does come in this summer, and the possible combinations up front with Iheanacho, Barnes,  Vardy, and our options at 10.

A constant theme under Rodgers is versatility and playing in different ways, so we might not have any out and out number one striker and instead mix and match based on opposition and who's available. But it can't be any coincidence that since giving Nacho a clean run of games in a system that suits him that he has delivered big time.

I've often said that I think Nacho as as lone striker playing every game for us would still get us 15 goals a season because he's a clinical finisher, but now I don't think it's hyperbole to say that Nacho playing as part of a two for 38 games a season would get 20+ goals. Basically as a player he's come of age and even better there is more and more to come. I feel like even in the last month I've seen improvements in his game. 

The question is do we sacrifice too much to get two forwards into the team? But I don't think we do. We can even play a back 4 that transitions into a back 3 or vice versa. I thought Ricardo was back to his best today toward the end too so we can still have creativity with two in the team.

At least one positive to take in what feels like a pretty crappy day otherwise.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

A constant theme under Rodgers is versatility and playing in different ways, so we might not have any out and out number one striker and instead mix and match based on opposition and who's available. But it can't be any coincidence that since giving Nacho a clean run of games in a system that suits him that he has delivered big time.

I've often said that I think Nacho as as lone striker playing every game for us would still get us 15 goals a season because he's a clinical finisher, but now I don't think it's hyperbole to say that Nacho playing as part of a two for 38 games a season would get 20+ goals. Basically as a player he's come of age and even better there is more and more to come. I feel like even in the last month I've seen improvements in his game. 

The question is do we sacrifice too much to get two forwards into the team? But I don't think we do. We can even play a back 4 that transitions into a back 3 or vice versa. I thought Ricardo was back to his best today toward the end too so we can still have creativity with two in the team.

At least one positive to take in what feels like a pretty crappy day otherwise.

The only slight reservation i have is whether Iheanacho, being very much a confidence player, is benefitting from games being played in empty stadiums? 

Will his confidence hold up in front of a groaning capacity crowd if (when) he misses a straightforward chance?  I'd like to think it would, it probably will, but I think there is a question mark there.

• Like 1