9 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Has done a damn sight better than Perez. 

Exactly it is an absolute no brainer and was when the poll was done. I am also a proud member of the voted for Iheanacho club.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
38 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Perez isn't even a striker so shouldn't have even been an option to consider and compare against lol

There wasn’t any other options at the time though. Just Kelechi and party boy 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2
1 hour ago, Kevin Russell said:

You’re overall post reads as negative; peppered with descriptions like ‘horrific’ regarding his current displays and ‘ utter bobbins’ about what you think his future performances could look like. You write like someone who has been a vocal critic of him in the past and you sound like you are disgruntled that he has demonstrated what an enormous talent he is.

You are writing about the current premier league player of the month who has been a massive positive for our faltering side through a really tough period - I feel like the overall negativity in your post is a bit daft if I’m honest. However, each to their own I guess.

And your posts read like someone who has read one post, rather than the chain of posts and hasn't got a clue what they are talking about. 

The post is negative, as already explain, because we were discussing WHY people had been negative about him in the post. If that can't soak into your head, then there isn't any point in even attempting to explain things much further. 

Yeah I'm so disgruntled he's playing well.....

19 hours ago, Stadt said:

I’m a huge Iheanacho fan (and did speak in favour of him even before his recent run of form) but he just isn’t really suited to being a lone striker with the make up of our current squad. 

Perhaps, if we had another winger like Barnes then maybe but it’s clear he’s at his best finding space in between the opposition defence and midfield. If he plays up top alone he doesn’t have anybody occupying the opposition the centrehalves. 

Alone he drops too deep and doesn’t have the searing pace to then take advantage of a line that’s pushed up.

Him and Vardy work so well because they’re both quite strong in areas where the other is deficient. Iheanacho isn’t a natural line leader and Vardy isn’t comfortable dropping into midfield spaces.

Iheanacho is a fantastic ‘10 and a half’ and I think typically they need either another striker to play off or two wingers that are a really well rounded goal threat, which is obviously a rarity.

He lacks the pace or strength to really be someone who will be able to win a running battle or dominate centre backs so if he was isolated he'd be totally useless. Like you say though, if we finally crack the right wing and have 2 inverted wingers and a number 10 pushed up then he'd be absolutely fine. There's plenty of top strikers that aren't particularly pacey or massive and do well by themselves.

His 2 goals weren't really as a result of having a striker partner, it was just a great example of his ability to get a good shot off when the chance presents itself.

It begs the question of whether he'd have been the better option as forward in the games where we've dominated the other teams and been camped in their half. 

• Like 1
On 03/12/2019 at 06:39, Babylon said:

That maybe the case, but he didn’t get a chance under Shakespeare, Puel or Rodgers. There will be a reason for that, a good 30 minutes is nothing to start coming to any sort of conclusions about anyone. The overriding thing here is that nobody has been interested in playing him  in the main. And more often than not when he has, he’s looked uninterested and is probably a good reason as to why they haven’t

He’s had these flashes before, mainly at the end of Puels first season where he was excellent for a few games. Then it all stops until he next feels like making the most of his talent.

Well done with the hand picked posts Babs - I had a quick look and this is the first one I found.

6 minutes ago, Kevin Russell said:

Well done with the hand picked posts Babs - I had a quick look and this is the first one I found.

I’m sorry but what has past thoughts on him got to do with anything here? 

Are you suggesting he was actually any good in 2019? Did I say I’d always thought he was great? No it’s clearly spelled out that I didn’t think he was great before, along with pretty much the entire Leicester fan base.

I’ve said nothing but positive things about him since he turned his form around, contrary to your nonsense about somehow being annoyed he’s playing well. 

6 minutes ago, Babylon said:

I’m sorry but what has past thoughts on him got to do with anything here? 

Are you suggesting he was actually any good in 2019? Did I say I’d always thought he was great? No it’s clearly spelled out that I didn’t think he was great before, along with pretty much the entire Leicester fan base.

I’ve said nothing but positive things about him since he turned his form around, contrary to your nonsense about somehow being annoyed he’s playing well. 

I don’t honestly know if you’re disgruntled I just mentioned how the post read. I thought the post was unnecessarily negative. I stand by that and I happen to think Kel is a good player and not bat shit crazy what ever that phrase means. Can we move on?

29 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

You cannot help but absolutely love the man, he really is a salt of the earth. A kind hearted player like Iheanacho makes up for the ten's of wannabe playboys. Reading that made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I want him to succeed so badly here and I think he is well on his way to doing so. 

This might sound outrageous given his self doubt issues and long spells not playing and scoring but goalscoring comes so naturally to him when he's confident that I think the longer he sees himself as an important player the more he will just keep lathering goals in. You'd not be surprised to see him get another 10 before the season is out.

In the times interview he laughed when he saw it... and revealed that Ndidi had altered his zoom name to Senior Man - 

• Haha 1
35 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

Alongside Edouardo he could be mustard. If I’ve spelt that name wrong fuch off. Vardy off the bench if he’s not back at it like a whippet on crack. 

You spelt his name wrong

• Haha 1