Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Kelechi Iheanacho

7 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

He now fully looks like a 25m+ player to me. Dare I say it he might even be the successor to Vardy’s throne? Vardy will always be a legend and possibly our most iconic player ever but Nacho looks like a 20 goal a season player to me. 

Only question is if he can lead the line by himself against the truly top teams? And he might not quite be up to that given his physicals. Vardy isn’t tall or strong but his pace means he can play on the shoulder. Nacho can finish and is good at linking play which is why for me he always looks better in a two. He doesn’t have a large frame or pace. 

Still terrific job from the coaching team, he’s now looking like a great bit of business which is so strange to say given his first few years here!

I agree about him potentially being the long term Vardy replacement. We wont replace Vardy like for like as there isn't another player like him around so wed need a different striker with other strengths like Iheanacho has and make sure we have 2 good wingers either side of him. Iheanacho could thrive here if we provide the service for him. His movement and finishing is top class. People shouldn't compare him to Vardy though as we are never likely to get another player like Vardy any time soon, if ever! 

Edited by jayfox26
  • Like 2

Definitely playing on Tuesday, otherwise why would we have taken him off? Best player on the pitch today.

Suspect the diamond may be coming back on Tuesday...

24 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

I agree about him potentially being the long term Vardy replacement. We wont replace Vardy like for like as there isn't another player like him around so wed need a different striker with other strengths like Iheanacho has and make sure we have 2 good wingers either side of him. Iheanacho could thrive here if we provide the service for him. His movement and finishing is top class. People shouldn't compare him to Vardy though as we are never likely to get another player like Vardy any time soon, if ever! 

Yeah exactly that, Vardy is a one off both for the type of player that he is, as well as the person he is. I think one day we will probably sign another striker that scores even more goals than he does, but even then I doubt they will have the same impact as he did with his story and personality. When he went down injured against West Ham, the whole stadium went silent - that's the sign of someone that is so important even at age 33 to Leicester fans that a reaction like that can happen. It's also his chasing down, his ability to wind up the opposition fans, his devastating pace and clinical finishing. A total one off for sure!

But at the same time even though he only played for us for one season, I would say that Kante was also unique and I am not sure another player like him will come again, even across all of world football. That's because on paper a 5 foot 4 french / mailian man should not be able to make it as a footballer yet alone as a defensive midfielder / box-to-box and yet alone as a world class one who has a World Cup trophy to his name. But we did replace him with Ndidi, who is a different type of player but someone that has plugged that gap and then some. We now play 3 central midfielders instead of two, but we've solved the problem in a different way with Ndidi.

• Like 2

On 23/01/2020 at 16:58, StriderHiryu said:

He's been doing since his Newcastle days:

But he started doing it in response to being booed by Newcastle fans.

The voiceover on that video is fvckin weird! Makes it hard to listen to and difficult to take seriously.

2 hours ago, Leeds Fox said:

I don’t think they’ll buy him back, but they’d find a buyer before they bought him back from us if they did. 

Equally ridiculous. Any potential buyer would just bid 51 million and buy him off us instead of paying Manchester City’s inflated price.

6 hours ago, Manwell Pablo said:

No way on earth Manchester City are even considering buying him back.

The notion they’d buy him back just to make money is ridiculous, after they’ve paid his signing on bonus and his agent plus his six figure wages for however many weeks it takes to find a buyer they gonna to be making a pittance at best.

I assumed the buy back clause meant, if they want to buy him back for the agreed fee, the deal would be done. Regardless of other bids. As it’s a buyback clause, not a buyout clause. 

If this was the case, Leuven could buy him for £26m and sell him back to us for the same fee. 

Edited by Leeds Fox

2 hours ago, Leeds Fox said:

I assumed the buy back clause meant, if they want to buy him back for the agreed fee, the deal would be done. Regardless of other bids. As it’s a buyback clause, not a buyout clause. 

If this was the case, Leuven could buy him for £26m and sell him back to us for the same fee. 

The buy back is the same as a buyout only difference is the fee is exclusive to them, simply means we have to accept a deal of that amount from them, we can accept any deal we want for him in excess of 50 million from other bidders.

I mean we could do that in theory but there’s so much wrong with it I don’t know where to start. From an external body point of view we’d immediately be scrutinised and I imagine rules of owning two different clubs would probably be revised off the back of it. Leuven might be owned by King Power but their a separate business who would probably have to wax more on Kel’s agent (who would have £ signs in his eyes in this scenario)  fees than they ever have on a player in their history. Then there’s a the player himself he probably wouldn’t be keen on going through all of this just to block a big money move back to his old club which he’d probably be quite up for.

There is no way Manchester City are going to buy him to shift him straight on, it’s a ridiculous amount of time and effort to invest to make next to no money.

He’s not even worth anything close to 50 million now ffs never mind more, 4 months ago our fans couldn’t wait to get him gone for a reasonable loss now we are worried about him being sold for double the money off the back of about six goals.

• Haha 2

26 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

The buy back is the same as a buyout only difference is the fee is exclusive to them, simply means we have to accept a deal of that amount from them, we can accept any deal we want for him in excess of 50 million from other bidders.

I mean we could do that in theory but there’s so much wrong with it I don’t know where to start. From an external body point of view we’d immediately be scrutinised and I imagine rules of owning two different clubs would probably be revised off the back of it. Leuven might be owned by King Power but their a separate business who would probably have to wax more on Kel’s agent (who would have £ signs in his eyes in this scenario)  fees than they ever have on a player in their history. Then there’s a the player himself he probably wouldn’t be keen on going through all of this just to block a big money move back to his old club which he’d probably be quite up for.

There is no way Manchester City are going to buy him to shift him straight on, it’s a ridiculous amount of time and effort to invest to make next to no money.

He’s not even worth anything close to 50 million now ffs never mind more, 4 months ago our fans couldn’t wait to get him gone for a reasonable loss now we are worried about him being sold for double the money off the back of about six goals.

I know Man City wouldn’t buy him to sell him on and agree he’s worth nowhere near £50m. Originally I was discrediting the posters who were suggesting it would happen.  

• Like 1

Couldn’t be happier for him, he’s had a shit time losing his friend and it not happening for him here until recently. The way every player and member of staff went mental after he scored against Everton says everything you need to know about him really. Top lad, just wish it would happen for Dimi now 😩

• Thanks 1

On 25/01/2020 at 17:37, StriderHiryu said:

Yeah exactly that, Vardy is a one off both for the type of player that he is, as well as the person he is. I think one day we will probably sign another striker that scores even more goals than he does, but even then I doubt they will have the same impact as he did with his story and personality. When he went down injured against West Ham, the whole stadium went silent - that's the sign of someone that is so important even at age 33 to Leicester fans that a reaction like that can happen. It's also his chasing down, his ability to wind up the opposition fans, his devastating pace and clinical finishing. A total one off for sure!

But at the same time even though he only played for us for one season, I would say that Kante was also unique and I am not sure another player like him will come again, even across all of world football. That's because on paper a 5 foot 4 french / mailian man should not be able to make it as a footballer yet alone as a defensive midfielder / box-to-box and yet alone as a world class one who has a World Cup trophy to his name. But we did replace him with Ndidi, who is a different type of player but someone that has plugged that gap and then some. We now play 3 central midfielders instead of two, but we've solved the problem in a different way with Ndidi.

People around me were saying every game Vardy has missed we have won is that correct

6 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Scored in every League Cup game he's played in this season. 1 more tomorrow night please Kelech :worship:

Yes it was his goal that has kept us level pegging in the tie, and, if he scores tomorrow and we get through to the final, massive selection headache for Rodgers. Would be tremendously unfair not to play him in the final, but assuming Vardy is fit then you would naturally play him as your first choice striker.

I would be so disappointed for Kelechi if he didn't get at least a decent run out at Wembley under those circumstances.

Vardy?
He’s in the squad. He’s worked very hard.

We’ll give it another day and we’ll see if he can start.

If you’re asking me if he’s 100 per cent, he might be 80 per cent.

It’s about the further risk of injury, but I’m confident he will play some part.

So seems like Nacho starts.

Edited by StriderHiryu