Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Kelechi Iheanacho

46 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Played brilliantly last night, touch has improved as has his link up play and awareness of whats going on around him. 

I'm loving the new Nacho! Did you see he also joined in with Perez's goal celebration too and amazingly I even saw him smile! Usually he just has a blank murder face expression on him.

You can tell he's much happier and is feeling like an important member of the team, and he is!

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

I'm loving the new Nacho! Did you see he also joined in with Perez's goal celebration too and amazingly I even saw him smile! Usually he just has a blank murder face expression on him.

You can tell he's much happier and is feeling like an important member of the team, and he is!

I'm sure the Perez celebration is in response the hate he receives on here and social media from our fans didn't Madison do the same fair dues silence the critics 

14 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

I'm sure the Perez celebration is in response the hate he receives on here and social media from our fans didn't Madison do the same fair dues silence the critics 

He's been doing since his Newcastle days:

But he started doing it in response to being booed by Newcastle fans.

• Like 4

Previous seasons up to the current one whenever he played he looked very tense to me, as if he felt a burden on his shoulder. Whatever it was, seems to be gone now, Kelechi looks like he found a pair of wings instead.

Recently I'm most impressed with his awareness. He sees what's going on around him and can think a split second ahead, that's the quality only some of the top players have. I'm looking forward to Ian's further development

6 hours ago, urban fox said:

The sudden upturn in form and attitude is nothing less than miraculous. before he looked like a lost soul, not quite knowing what his role was and how he fitted into the dynamic of the squad. This was reflected in his performances when he often seemed as if he could not be bothered.  I think he has been given a sense of direction and now knows that he is valued, both in the matchday squad and on the training field.  Whereas previously he was getting the odd 10 minute cameo, now when he gets on he is at least being given enough time to get into the game, and his appearances are becoming more regular. This must be a big boost to his confidence. When he scored in the early rounds of the league cup, there was more a look of relief from him, now its more like a proper celebration.  Again the "love" from the rest of the squad when he got the winner against Everton (and what a great goal it was) shows a togetherness in the squad and can only have helped the feeling of belonging.  That goal (and the rest of his performance that day) was also a turning point for the supporters, who finally seemed to realise that there is a player in there and started cheering instead of booing him.  He is rapidly going from scapegoat to cult hero.

Not much has been said following the death of his close friend and assistant in a car crash, but I do wonder if that may, in some perverse way have been a catalyst. I have no doubt that, the club in its own inimitable way, being no strangers to tragedy of course, all rallied around him, and hence reminded him that he is part of a team and a great club, and thus rekindled something in him. I just thought at times last year he seemed as if he had the troubles of the world on his shoulders and maybe felt isolated due his lack of opportunity and inability to find his form.  Pure speculation of course, but something has definitely changed in him for the better and we are now seeing the results of his rejuvenation.

You sound like a psychologist! 

I just love him. His stats look great but he's playing with such confidence. I share the same opinion as a lot of you, I have no concern if Vards was to miss one or two games, Kelechi and Perez seem to have that natural chemistry together. So excited for Brentford 😁👍

13 minutes ago, Fox85 said:

The most unfortunate thing is man city can come in with a 30million pound bid any time and take him back. We would have no control 

Someone said earlier the buyback clause was only a year long. Not sure if that's true and to be honest even if he keeps this up I can't see them coming back for him. 

I can see him scoring the winner against them at Wembley though :thumbup:

17 minutes ago, Fox85 said:

The most unfortunate thing is man city can come in with a 30million pound bid any time and take him back. We would have no control 

I thought it was £50m? Certainly that’s what was being reported at the time, did that change?

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/08/01/man-city-insist-50m-buy-back-option-kelechi-iheanacho-moves/

• Like 2

He is a very different player to Vardy, but I think his hold up play is very good, and as we saw against West Ham, is very good with his back to goal. With the quality of our 3 playing behind him, I can see him (maybe not scoring loads of goals), but creating lots of chances for the attacking midfielders and the likes of Chilwell and Perreira.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Someone said earlier the buyback clause was only a year long. Not sure if that's true and to be honest even if he keeps this up I can't see them coming back for him. 

I can see him scoring the winner against them at Wembley though :thumbup:

Buy back clauses usually stays with the player unless sold to another club.

I'm not sure for certain so I would like to know for definite

It is great to see Kelechi's renaissance, it is something I had long since given up on.

What is noticeable is the difference in his body language, he looks engaged, he looks sharp, mentally sharp and switched on, whereas before he looked disinterested and frankly a bit gormless.  I should be pleased about this and I am, but I can't help feeling irritated also.  I have to ask, what the hell has he been doing for the last two years?   Getting his attitude right should not have taken two years, it should have been a given.

44 minutes ago, Fox85 said:

Amazing really. Only a few months ago some were saying we should pay Man City to take him back and would drive him there themselves. 

Edited by Izzy