Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Kelechi Iheanacho

8 minutes ago, dmayne7 said:

How good has he been this season? To have barely played and have a goal every 112 mins plus 3 assists is some going.

Often, and rightfully criticised for his touch previously, that's now probably the best area of his game.

Agreed, his touch was poor in his early days here. You just feel more confident when the ball arrives at his feet now

2 hours ago, Corky said:

I prefer him to Maddison in the role behind the striker- Iheanacho doesn't piss about with the ball as much, very good at controlling and laying off. Goal was straightforward but absolutely crucial.

Had an impressive season for the time he's played.

The key difference today for both him and Perez is they take up position in the oppositions half and look to turn and open things up. Very much like Maddison used to do with Youri early in Brendan's reign. However, Maddison has dropped deeper and deeper and also made Tielemans less effective. Youri is almost faultless at quick forward passes and today he did it time and time again in to Iheanacho and Perez and it got us moving.

When Maddison is back he needs to be deployed higher up pitch and let Tielemans and Ndidi run it from deep.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

The key difference today for both him and Perez is they take up position in the oppositions half and look to turn and open things up. Very much like Maddison used to do with Youri early in Brendan's reign. However, Maddison has dropped deeper and deeper and also made Tielemans less effective. Youri is almost faultless at quick forward passes and today he did it time and time again in to Iheanacho and Perez and it got us moving.

When Maddison is back he needs to be deployed higher up pitch and let Tielemans and Ndidi run it from deep.

Do you think Maddison has asked to or purposefully dropped deeper to demonstrate to Southgate he isn't "just a 10" that he labelled Maddison? 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Angus Scott said:

I like Nacho & think he is a talented player. Just think that his lack of pace will prevent him being a real top player

I know what you mean. It's not just his pace, but overall Nacho doesn't excel in pace, physicality or movement. He is a clinical finisher, but at the top level you almost need some sort of unfair advantage.

For me I think he's the type of player that can be a 15 goal a season striker, but not sure he can be a 20 goal a season man. That said, I would have said the same thing about Danny Ings, and that guy is absolutely flying at the moment, even though he's playing for Southampton. So you never know.

At Leicester you'll always be compared to Vardy and he's literally the best striker we've ever had. Tough act to follow!

Just now, Crazy Kop Corner said:

Yes he came on against Everton at home and got booed on which I thought was absolutely atrocious. However, he’s gone from strength after getting the 93rd minute winner in that game.

I don't remember him being booed? The fans were singing his name from the off and fully getting behind him. 

2 minutes ago, Crazy Kop Corner said:

Yes he came on against Everton at home and got booed on which I thought was absolutely atrocious. However, he’s gone from strength after getting the 93rd minute winner in that game.

Is that down to his own ability, mental strength, belief in himself, or our 'fans' heckling the f**k out of the lad. 

He’s had a good season, when you consider his game time has been limited. Scored some vital goals for us, and since the restart, he’s made a big difference. Perfect back up striker. 

24 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

I know what you mean. It's not just his pace, but overall Nacho doesn't excel in pace, physicality or movement. He is a clinical finisher, but at the top level you almost need some sort of unfair advantage.

For me I think he's the type of player that can be a 15 goal a season striker, but not sure he can be a 20 goal a season man. That said, I would have said the same thing about Danny Ings, and that guy is absolutely flying at the moment, even though he's playing for Southampton. So you never know.

At Leicester you'll always be compared to Vardy and he's literally the best striker we've ever had. Tough act to follow!

I think the top para is a bit un fair he doesn't loak slow to me he seems loads sharper and quicker than other players.

He's a class act has a lot to his game not just a goalscorer clever player imo

• Like 2