Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Kelechi Iheanacho

15 minutes ago, egg_fried_rice said:

As good as he's been in his renaissance, there is no way Man City are gonna buy him back even if that clause is still active.

50m in 2 or 3 years time will be nothing.

A average championship player goes for 15m now days.

So let's say he starts every game next season scoring 25 goals and does the same the season after.

Then they have got a right bargain 

58 minutes ago, Fox85 said:

50m in 2 or 3 years time will be nothing.

A average championship player goes for 15m now days.

So let's say he starts every game next season scoring 25 goals and does the same the season after.

Then they have got a right bargain 

What makes you think he'll ever score 25 in a season? Vardy, perhaps our greatest ever player, 'only' managed 24 in our title win.

Find something else to worry about mate, that's all I'm saying. He won't be going back to Man City.

• Haha 1

Even if the buyback clause is still in effect, in theory couldn't Iheanacho himself just reject whatever contract they offer him and render the whole thing redundant?

If he went there he'd be behind Aguero/Jesus, and even if one of them leaves I can't see them looking to Iheanacho to lead the line. Here, he's got a decent chance of taking over after Vardy if he keeps up his current form. They can obviously offer good wages but they're not like United offering crazy sums to anyone who asks for it, so I'd fancy our chances to offer something competitive in response. And he's integrated pretty well here - he's close mates with Ndidi and seems to enjoy working with Rodgers, so we must be a pretty appealing place for a player like him to ply his trade.

If the clause is still in effect then obviously we can't rule it out, but I'd still be fairly confident of him remaining a Leicester player regardless.

• Like 2

obviously man city aren't gonna buy him back to play for them, but if he does genuinely kill it for however long is left on that weird clause, they could easily buy him back and sell him on again for more, and we couldn't do anything about it? 

44 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

obviously man city aren't gonna buy him back to play for them, but if he does genuinely kill it for however long is left on that weird clause, they could easily buy him back and sell him on again for more, and we couldn't do anything about it? 

Theoretically speaking yes but I thought someone said the clause date had finished now? 

42 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

Theoretically speaking yes but I thought someone said the clause date had finished now? 

Wasn’t it included that if we qualify for CL that the buy-back fee is higher?

Obviously if the clause is still in effect. 

Edited by Leeds Fox
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

fair enough. thought it was 3 years. 

wonder if they could buy him back and then sell him back to us for more? is that allowed? 

43 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

Still active as far as I know. First 4 years of his 5 year contract. If we're considering keeping him, probably should start thinking of a contract extension as well. 

• Like 1

Nachos has found his groove now. The rest of this season will define him as the player he was meant to be. Don’t know why it’s taken this long but nobody can say Leicester haven’t been patient with him. Rightly so he’s starting to reward us now. Didn’t we all want to get rid of him under Puell but also feared he might come good for someone else at our expense (like zaha & pogba at Man U).

sometimes it’s just about the stars all aligning and with Vardy out for a short while he has a brilliant opportunity to become a star in his own making.

1 hour ago, ScouseFox said:

fair enough. thought it was 3 years. 

wonder if they could buy him back and then sell him back to us for more? is that allowed? 

Yea, if they wanted too. Was it real madrid that did something similar with morata but Juventus basically said no? 

As in we aren't paying that much

Edited by ARTY_FOX

On 23/01/2020 at 11:58, StriderHiryu said:

He's been doing since his Newcastle days:

But he started doing it in response to being booed by Newcastle fans.

That's just his thing nowadays isn't it? He's done it every time he's scored for us so far, and with the exception of that penalty for 3-1, has done so with a big, cheeky sh*t-eating grin on his face. Southampton being the prime example.

Love me some 'Yoze tbh, he reminds me of a Spanish David Nugent ;)

• Like 2

On 24/01/2020 at 08:57, Izzy said:

Amazing really. Only a few months ago some were saying we should pay Man City to take him back and would drive him there themselves. 

I was one of those who would've driven him!!

Fair play, he's got his s**t together - could also be related to having a good man manager - and long may his success continues.

• Like 2

No way on earth Manchester City are even considering buying him back.

The notion they’d buy him back just to make money is ridiculous, after they’ve paid his signing on bonus and his agent plus his six figure wages for however many weeks it takes to find a buyer they gonna to be making a pittance at best.

Edited by Manwell Pablo
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Manwell Pablo said:

No way on earth Manchester City are even considering buying him back.

The notion they’d buy him back just to make money is ridiculous, after they’ve paid his signing on bonus and his agent plus his six figure wages for however many weeks it takes to find a buyer they gonna to be making a pittance at best.

I don’t think they’ll buy him back, but they’d find a buyer before they bought him back from us if they did.