Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Kelechi Iheanacho

I actually thought Puel was starting to get a tune out of him.Rodgers has obviously taken him out the firing line,put the final touches in and managed his appearances.He’s shown incredible patience.What must have gone through his head when we stuffed Newcastle and Southampton and he couldn’t get on.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Heathrow fox said:

I actually thought Puel was starting to get a tune out of him

You having a laugh. I thought Puel treated him disgracefully tbh. He'd chuck him on then bench him again for ages if it didn't score. He'd have a brief crack after zero game time, come on looking terrified, not score then get binned off again for weeks. 

Whatever Rodgers has done for Iheanacho behind the scenes, he's made him look infinitely more confident and interested. 

• Like 4

Like pretty much everyone else I was thinking that he was a lost cause and that it was never going to happen for him here. His confidence was shot, he looked lethargic and a bit of a misfit. Really thought that he needed a move and fresh start somewhere else. He was obviously talented but there was also something terribly not right with the young man.

But through all of this never heard him moaning or any talk of wanting away. Noises from within the club were that he was really well liked around the training ground which was confirmed by the reaction of the entire squad to his goal against Everton.  Ok it was a last minute winner but you could see that they were all well chuffed for him. As am I. 

Long may he continue as he surely has won over us all over this season

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

You having a laugh. I thought Puel treated him disgracefully tbh. He'd chuck him on then bench him again for ages if it didn't score. He'd have a brief crack after zero game time, come on looking terrified, not score then get binned off again for weeks. 

Whatever Rodgers has done for Iheanacho behind the scenes, he's made him look infinitely more confident and interested. 

Rodgers has spoken about Iheanacho being "A Leicester player now" which gives the impression that he felt unwanted beforehand.

I thought he deserved more than 60 minutes yesterday but it's good that we're getting a consistent tune out of him now.

• Like 1

His goal against Everton in the last minute, the scenes even after the inevitable VAR check, what a moment and something I’ll never forget. I hope he stays beyond 2022 and becomes our second 100 EPL goals member. 

• Thanks 1

For me he is Vardys natural successor. I’m confident he’s good enough to get us 20 a season consistently, especially once he’s got the “main man” confidence most players thrive on.

Perez will compliment him nicely moving forward, I do hope Vardy can continue to provide goals for us for another two seasons or so but I’m not now concerned if he can’t, as much as I love the legend I feel we’ve got goals without him.

55 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I think our so called fans treated him worse.I still say 17/18 season he was coming along quite nicely towards the end.The whole squad didn’t fair too well 18/19 hence Puel got sacked.

• Like 2

If we drop him again I wouldnt begrudge him wanting to leave, he's good enough to be the starting striker for the majority of clubs in this league. His all round play is fantastic. Holds the ball up well, great awareness of his surrounding, fantastic eye for a killer pass and his finishing is top notch. Full exprct him to replace Vardy over the course of the next 12 months.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Post Horn Galloper said:

My concern is that when he will get sick of being subbed when he has looked our most lively player and has scored our goal. Surely he must think "What the hell do l have to do to get a full game?".

Didn’t look too down about it yesterday.Sure he knows the score.Did the damage,now have a rest,get head into gear for Arsenal etc.

He suits our style of play, loves to drop a bit deeper and link play up but also has the intelligence to time his runs and get into the right positions. It's no wonder he was so successful at Man City as they play a similar style to us. 

Nachos and Vardy will have a big point to prove when we play Manure at the KP. Gotta put them big headed tossers back in their place. All of a sudden they think their gods gift and trying steal away our 3rd spot. Glad to see the foxes have some anger, grit and determination about them now. If we do over the arses we just gotta bottle that spirit for the remaining games.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Rodgers has spoken about Iheanacho being "A Leicester player now" which gives the impression that he felt unwanted beforehand.

I thought he deserved more than 60 minutes yesterday but it's good that we're getting a consistent tune out of him now.

I wonder if the tragedy of losing his friend and assistant in a car crash back in Nigeria was a turning point for him. It probably made him take stock of his life and no doubt the entire club rallied round him showing him that he belonged as part of the family

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Post Horn Galloper said:

My concern is that when he will get sick of being subbed when he has looked our most lively player and has scored our goal. Surely he must think "What the hell do l have to do to get a full game?".

Posted it in the match day thread, but while listening to the game without crowd noise on headphones, thought I heard an exasperated Rodgers having a go at him for losing his man at a set piece just moments before he got hooked. 

His goal yesterday was a class team move - easily the best single phase of play we've put together since the restart.

Hope he sticks around. He's really come into his own this season and I rate his play with the ball at his feet more than I do Vards. He's a way better option against a packed defence where that sort of dribbling is the best way to pick the lock.

He’s an enigma…

He clearly has a bucket load of talent

Whether he and we realise it within a mutually conducive period of time is anyone’s guess.

Id be gutted if he left us anytime soon…

Kudos to Brendan for getting his chin up, but mostly kudos to Kel for an outstanding contribution, despite his lack of game time.

Even if he sees his future elsewhere, he has fulfilled his difficult role this season. Let's hope we see more of the 3-4-1-2, because it has transformed us.

Y'know, I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that I believe the best is yet to come from Kelechi. Also, with how much he's improved for us, I'm curious to see how well he goes on to play for Nigeria. Same goes for Ndidi.

• Like 1

I get excited when I see his name on the team sheet or when I see him coming on. I remember playing Newcastle last season (the game we lost 1-0) and walking back to the car, I got chatting to a Newcastle fan. Kelechi didn’t really have the best of games. I criticised him. The Newcastle fan turned to me and said, no mate, you watch, he is the type of player who can make the ball talk. Sometimes oppositions fans point out what you have got and he was right. Kelechi has the ability to make things happen. Great to have him at this club.

All these posters saying kelechi may move, where is he going to move to?

His only options at this stage would be a downward career move, at his age he will be looking to move up, which at the moment he has not played well enough.

He must know  he has to gain the consistency to win a permanent place in the City team for any lucrative move.

I am not so sure as some, that he will make it here, but there are signs at last of improvement.

In 18 months lets hope we have  a real worry as to him moving, but at the moment there is no chance he wont be here next season.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, jeffschlupp said:

He contributes to goals in the Premier League more often this season than Origi, Jesus, Cutrone, Ighalo and virtually every other second choice striker in the division.

A quality player who has made a real difference to us both off the bench and now alongside Vardy this year. Delighted for him, he's clearly put in so much work to make it happen.

I agree with some of the names but Cutrone has been on loan to Fiorentina since January and Ighalo could only play for Utd at start of March.

2 hours ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

I love his cheeky face.

The rare moment when he cracks a smile is always a pleasure to see. Still remember him sticking his tongue out after his second against Peterborough in the cup, purely because I don't think I'd ever seen him crack anything close to a grin beforehand! He plays with a god damn poker face 99% of the time, even after scoring. 😅

Now Kingy is moving on, the Many Faces Of Kelechi Iheanacho thread may be a good one to start. :wub:

• Like 2