Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

James Justin

14 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Since bis introduction to the First team, I believe he was Never Let the side down,actually cant remember him being the weakest in the chain...

His alround performances have shown he was learnt at each period of his Leicester career..IMO already a Mr Reliable...

It must be difficult, I get that, with German as your first language @fuchsntf, but maybe you could try only using capitals/upper case for the beginning of a sentence? Just for a bit? Agree with your post mate!

3 minutes ago, Steve Earle said:

It must be difficult, I get that, with German as your first language @fuchsntf, but maybe you could try only using capitals/upper case for the beginning of a sentence? Just for a bit? Agree with your post mate!

And you Never make a typo.....

Ps... New Parks is my First language...

Capitals....London, Paris , Canberra.. Upper-case toffs..Gove,Johnson & Hanckock... 

You want a Perfect Essay on a football forum...Then try Oxford utd...

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

And you Never make a typo.....

Ps... New Parks is my First language...

Capitals....London, Paris , Canberra.. Upper-case toffs..Gove,Johnson & Hanckock... 

You want a Perfect Essay on a football forum...Then try Oxford utd...

My dad used to live on Pinder Road. Good people in New Parks. 

1 hour ago, NaijaFox said:

But we only started playing better once Brendan switched formation to a back 4.

Moved Fuchs to LB, switched Justin to RB and moved Albrighton further upfield to wide out. 

Yeah I’m not convinced this formation change was quite as drastic as he made out, Justin seemed to be our only real main threat down the right hand side so not entirely sure who was suppose to be playing down the right wing,  and Fuchs didn’t get any more adventurous.

Even if he did change it as he claimed the damage was being done by our right full back, not the defender pushed up on to the wing.

Like I say evidence that our attack minded wide defenders mean a “back 5” isn’t a defensive minded formation. It’s not a San  Marino style flat back five as some make out. It gives the wing backs license to get forward and allows it to utilise to attacking midfielders behind Vardy and still have Youri playing box to box.

Edited by Manwell Pablo

1 hour ago, Ashley said:

Too early to suggest an England senior team call up?

Not at all, especially as he's already playing for the U21's and doing well there.

What I think is likely is that he's a surprise inclusion in the final squad. Because he can play 4 positions decently, it's almost brain-dead not to take him. Players like Milner and Neville have made it to major tournaments in the past, and taking JJ means you could take an extra attacking player instead. The only issue is that Southgate does too many weird things with his lineups like playing Jadon Sancho as wing back! Play 433 with Sterling / Kane / Sancho up top with players like Grealish and Maddison on the bench and you've got more than enough attacking firepower to cause any team a problem.

All that said, with the formation Southgate currently uses, JJ could play LWB / RWB / RCB / LCB, so that's four positions he could fill in for.

For me, if the season stopped now I would say there's a big argument for him being our player of the season so far! I'd probably give it to Tielemans just ahead of him, but over the last 2.5 months he's hardly been a foot wrong. Even in our defeats, he's been one of our better players. Top guy too!

• Like 1

Guest Harrydc

I will hold my hands up and admit I have been a little critical of James Justin. I believe it is because when you lose someone who influences and improves the team as much as Ricardo has in the past, it is very hard to compare the two. However, I'm now swaying towards the idea of Ricardo and Castagne competing for the other wing-back spot, as at the moment JJ is un-droppable. 

It is certainly a nice position to be in to have top players competing for a spot. 

JJ has improved at a stunning rate. Don’t want to jinx things but the only player that comes to my mind for a comparison is Vardy’s rise. JJ is becoming a remarkably complete player as his confidence level grows. His attacking ability is beginning to show now and he’s on his way to being a top class player. I just love the way he never hides in a game, he’s always looking for the ball and to see him surging forward and totally scaring the life out of the left side of Brighton today was a joy to behold. 
The sky’s the limit for this kid!! Our scouting team!! Take another bow guys.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Mr Fox said:

My MOM tonight. From watching him away to Watford last season I always thought his passing and decision making wasn’t 

up to our standard as a premiership club.

But I was wrong  and he does strengthen the squad and a good asset.

Well done.

I guess what we don’t see as fans is how they go about training, what their mentality is like, what their natural but unrefined talents are, etc, which are things that coaches are much better at in making assessments.

But Justin is really improving leaps and bounds. What a player he is already and he is only 20/21?

31 minutes ago, FoxonMaui said:

JJ has improved at a stunning rate. Don’t want to jinx things but the only player that comes to my mind for a comparison is Vardy’s rise. JJ is becoming a remarkably complete player as his confidence level grows. His attacking ability is beginning to show now and he’s on his way to being a top class player. I just love the way he never hides in a game, he’s always looking for the ball and to see him surging forward and totally scaring the life out of the left side of Brighton today was a joy to behold. 
The sky’s the limit for this kid!! Our scouting team!! Take another bow guys.

Fully agree. And good observation re him not hiding in a game. Attitude does play a big part in one’s success, and he sure seems to have a good one plus he seems humble.

8 hours ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Yeah I’m not convinced this formation change was quite as drastic as he made out, Justin seemed to be our only real main threat down the right hand side so not entirely sure who was suppose to be playing down the right wing,  and Fuchs didn’t get any more adventurous.

Even if he did change it as he claimed the damage was being done by our right full back, not the defender pushed up on to the wing.

Like I say evidence that our attack minded wide defenders mean a “back 5” isn’t a defensive minded formation. It’s not a San  Marino style flat back five as some make out. It gives the wing backs license to get forward and allows it to utilise to attacking midfielders behind Vardy and still have Youri playing box to box.

You're right, Fuchs played deeper at left back, but I think that's more to do with his age than anything!

I think the 4231, with Ndidi and Tielemans sitting in the middle allows for our full backs to provide width, and isn't as dull as Puel's version with Ndidi and Mendy.

It also allows Maddison to play further forward, as a 10, where he is more effective, and still room for attacking, creative players either side. 

• Like 1