Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

James Justin

3 hours ago, Leeds Fox said:

I understand your point.

Personally I didn’t see Justin being the type of footballer that he’s shown he is so far this season.

He looked steady defensively and average going forward, he’s proved me wrong.

I never called him out to be poor though and having an opinion on a player after a full season at the club is justified, although those opinions can clearly be wrong. 

Agree..I never slated the lad but also had fairly low expectations from him. 

He's surpassed those modest ambitions and is becoming an ultra reliable, key component of a top 6 team. His game/tactical intelligence is very very high. Fitness superb. If I knew nothing and had been told we'd spent 25m - 30m on  Kyle Walker or Keiran Trippier and they were turning in these performances, I'd be delighted

• Like 1

Said this in another thread somewhere, but when Ricky P is back up and running we surely have the best FB option of perm any 2 from 3 in the league. JJ, Ricky and Timmy have all shown that they can play either side and turn in a performance. What a position to be in. That doesn't even take account of the fact that we also have Thomas progressing nicely. (And that takes nothing away from Fuchs who has done a decent job as stand in despite being overplayed due to injuries etc.)

Issue I had with him last season was just how wasteful he was with the ball, was for ever giving it away needlessly or doing some weird ball in where he cut across the ball trying to get it as high as possible with a ridiculous amount of spin.... those problems seem to have been worked on as now he whips the ball in with pace and rarely gives the ball away! I weren’t sure if he was was the answer early doors but he’s been nothing short of superb for the majority of the season and is seemingly getting better week on week! I Feel just as comfortable seeing him at Lb/Rb/cb but Rb for me he’s a different animal

Never thought I’d say this as a fully fit Riccy P for me is the best RB in the league but he has a real fight on his hands to get the shirt back and JJ deserves nothing but the highest credit for that

8 minutes ago, dbtcity said:

Issue I had with him last season was just how wasteful he was with the ball, was for ever giving it away needlessly or doing some weird ball in where he cut across the ball trying to get it as high as possible with a ridiculous amount of spin.... those problems seem to have been worked on as now he whips the ball in with pace and rarely gives the ball away! I weren’t sure if he was was the answer early doors but he’s been nothing short of superb for the majority of the season and is seemingly getting better week on week! I Feel just as comfortable seeing him at Lb/Rb/cb but Rb for me he’s a different animal

Never thought I’d say this as a fully fit Riccy P for me is the best RB in the league but he has a real fight on his hands to get the shirt back and JJ deserves nothing but the highest credit for that

I don't think so.  A lot of us thought the same with Mendy and Ndidi but I reckon for our big performers Brendan's probably already decided they'll be playing as soon as they're fit again and will have presumably been clear about that with their respective replacements.  For me the interesting one will be who ties down the LB spot once everyone's fit because that one no longer has a set precedent but both James and Castagne have made very good cases for themselves.

• Like 3

Another big coup for our recruitment team. In today's market £6M, even for an unproven prospect, is beginning to look like a steal. Has to be up there alongside getting Albrighton and Fuchs on free, Mahrez for £440K and Vardy for £1M (although that was a record fee for anon league player at that time) .

Was worried post lockdown that we had thrown him in at the deep end too early due to our injuries, and that could have knocked his confidence and damaged his progress, but he has risen to the challenge magnificently and as it stands now has to be in contention for POTS.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

I don't think so.  A lot of us thought the same with Mendy and Ndidi but I reckon for our big performers Brendan's probably already decided they'll be playing as soon as they're fit again and will have presumably been clear about that with their respective replacements.  For me the interesting one will be who ties down the LB spot once everyone's fit because that one no longer has a set precedent but both James and Castagne have made very good cases for themselves.

I like what I see from both to be fair... I wonder once everyone is fit if Brendan will potentially look to try whichever full back misses out on the RW... still not sold on any options we have available in said position and they all have the attacking qualities to play the role

i agree re Wilf and Mendy though I was 1 saying Wilf had a fight on his hands but first game back in the middle reminded me why it’s not really a competition! Wilf brings so much to our team he’s just another level

5 hours ago, NaijaFox said:

"slagging off" new players is virtually a right of passage on FT. lol

Even Ricardo and Soyuncu got slagged off in their first few games. It's getting to the point, we should be worried if a new player isn't slagged off.

Under is rubbish.

• Haha 2

It's mental that Riccy doesn't walk straight back into the side when he's fit. 

We have to get him back in, of course, but JJ has been awesome. Castagne may well be the one who ends up sat on the bench which is nuts in itself. 3 fantastic full backs on our books here

6 minutes ago, Goober said:

It's mental that Riccy doesn't walk straight back into the side when he's fit. 

We have to get him back in, of course, but JJ has been awesome. Castagne may well be the one who ends up sat on the bench which is nuts in itself. 3 fantastic full backs on our books here

Justin has been very good this season but if Ricardo is fit, he has to come in? Ricardo before his injury would have been able to play in every single team on the planet, he’s that good!

One of the positives of all these injuries is that it’s given squad players who wouldn’t have gotten any game time a chance to play consistently - Justin & Thomas. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, OhYesNdidi said:

Justin has been very good this season but if Ricardo is fit, he has to come in? Ricardo before his injury would have been able to play in every single team on the planet, he’s that good!

One of the positives of all these injuries is that it’s given squad players who wouldn’t have gotten any game time a chance to play consistently - Justin & Thomas. 

Agree on Riccy, one of the players in our side who can claim to be being genuinely world class alongside Wilf imo. He has to play when he's fit.

The fact that JJ has made us question his coming straight back in is a brilliant testament to how he's performed.

🤣 if half you boys actually did foresee his meteoric improvements, you’re probably in the wrong jobs, give top a quick bell because we could do with a few more scouts like you 👍🏻

truth is he looked awful at times, nobody would have put their life on him developing at this rate of knots, it’s like watching Vardy develop all over again.

• Like 1

Justin isn’t spectacular but he is a consistent performer and for me that’s the most important thing for a defender. 

We have some real tough calls coming out way and I can’t wait to have this squad fully fit. 

Get the belief and consistency and we can really achieve something special. Hopefully in Europe 

18 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

Justin isn’t spectacular but he is a consistent performer and for me that’s the most important thing for a defender. 

We have some real tough calls coming out way and I can’t wait to have this squad fully fit. 

Get the belief and consistency and we can really achieve something special. Hopefully in Europe 

i disagree that he is consistent, he's been playing well last few games but I am not satisfied with his end product and he has been massively hyped up. Lads done well as of late but he's young and is often frustrating to watch some of the balls he gives away. He is also better at going forward than defending which is worrying as he is on the pitch so stop goals. 

bring on the criticism 

• Thanks 1