Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

James Justin

Just now, Fox92 said:

Been impressed with how he's slotted in; right back, left back, centre half. 

Will be interesting to see what happens when both full backs are back fit.

Good point…. He’s done nothing to suggest he deserves dropping…. No need to rush any of them back really

I’m a big fan and I reckon he got a high ceiling…. I loved that aggressive run he made right into their box…. He’s growing in confidence that comes with games, good coaching and playing at a higher level with better players

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Probably highlights just how strong of a position we are in when we are questions whether he should start. Excellent so far this season.

Or simply highlights how rash some comments are without allowing for circumstances.

Much prefer your perspective though! Happy days.

• Like 1

His reliability and versatility is so impressive. Jumping from League One straight into top 6 PL football and Eurooa League football with such ease is incredible. He is what most managers want, reliable and versatile. Without Justin we would be in quite a bit of trouble, his versatility has saved us. RB, LB, RWB, LWB, RCB, LCB, he can play them all without looking out of place. 

Justin will have a long impressive career in the Premier League, 

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, Koke said:

His reliability and versatility is so impressive. Jumping from League One straight into top 6 PL football and Eurooa League football with such ease is incredible. He is what most managers want, reliable and versatile. Without Justin we would be in quite a bit of trouble, his versatility has saved us. RB, LB, RWB, LWB, RCB, LCB, he can play them all without looking out of place. 

Justin will have a long impressive career in the Premier League, 

While agreeing with you in the main, I don't think he's made the leap 'with ease' at all. Last season post-restart, as other have pointed out, there were serious question marks about him. His improvement since the summer has been incredible. 

7 minutes ago, Steve Earle said:

While agreeing with you in the main, I don't think he's made the leap 'with ease' at all. Last season post-restart, as other have pointed out, there were serious question marks about him. His improvement since the summer has been incredible. 

So he had a handful of games pre lockdown last season and was thrown in at the deep end post restart, where he did look shakey. And has improved drastically since the summer........not over a long period of time, just a few months ago, and you don't think he's made the leap from league 1 to playing at the top of the premier league and in Europe easily???? How much more "easily" do you want it to be? 

I think people forget that he's still a young lad too. Taking that into account also, I'd say he's made the leap look relatively easy to say the least 

• Like 1

This might sound a bit unpopular but I actually think his worst position for us is right back in a back 4. For example last night was probably his worst game for us un months going forward, seemed workmanlike and unable to break the lines, constantly had to check back on the half way line and didn't really help create any overlaps for Ünder for the first hour or so. He did end the game better though. 

I love him on the left or in a back 3, but he is a fantastic player for us to have and really think he is developing really well.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

So he had a handful of games pre lockdown last season and was thrown in at the deep end post restart, where he did look shakey. And has improved drastically since the summer........not over a long period of time, just a few months ago, and you don't think he's made the leap from league 1 to playing at the top of the premier league and in Europe easily???? How much more "easily" do you want it to be? 

I think people forget that he's still a young lad too. Taking that into account also, I'd say he's made the leap look relatively easy to say the least 

Blimey - got out of bed the wrong side did we?!? So we agree on just about everything apart from the superlative?!

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

It’s like everyone here thinks the leap from league 1 to the upper echelons of the premier league is easy!

He deserves enormous credit. Let’s hope he keeps his momentum up.

On 07/12/2020 at 18:21, honeybradger said:

He's our James Milner, can drop in at RB, LB, CB, DM and put in a shift, players like him are an important part of any squad.

Not quite sure if he'd be delighted or pissed off with that comparison :D. Great for us but I'm sure he'd prefer to focus on being world class at 1 position