Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

James Justin

2 minutes ago, gurru991 said:

I'm not sure that Ricky will be at full value until he has got a few games in & proven himself again. For me he stays one more season anyway. 

Yeah I was thinking this but then as his contract winds down so does his value. Hopefully we won't need to sell at the end of the season. But that depends on how well we finish.

7 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

Yeah I was thinking this but then as his contract winds down so does his value. Hopefully we won't need to sell at the end of the season. But that depends on how well we finish.

I believe his contract runs through 

Jun 30, 2023

so time is on our side.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, EnderbyFox said:

Echo what some others have said, player of the season so far for me. His versatility has been priceless when we've been down to the bare-bones in defense. RWB, RB, LB, LWB, CB - pretty sure he's done it all and never looked out of place. Only 22 as well, what a signing. 

This and the fact he’s played every single minute in the league for us, and played the full game in 5/6 EL games. Class professional.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fightforever said:

Play Pereira flog him off to PSG for a good 80 million then play Justin. Will be just as good eventually.

Where is then the cover..!!! ?

Keep both..Periera will Need Time and patience ,und to get back into his stride and team Rythme..!!

Plus we Now have Europe on the cards...

Edited by fuchsntf

What a break-through season he is having.

When we signed him i didn’t imagine he would become this good this soon. Part of that has been thrown at him and it was possibly a sink or swim situation.

He has most definitely swam like an olympic champion.

9 hours ago, don_danbury said:

all the slaggin off when he first came in. what a player now

Because it’s easy to do it. Everyone assumes he’ll be shite coming from that level, but like Vardy before him, he’s not looked out of place at all.

I personally think when Ricardos back, you cannot drop Justin. Play Riccy more advanced but Justin in a back 3 is more than solid enough. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, don_danbury said:

Yes, incredibly naive and dare I say downright stupid, for people to think any player can come in from League One to The PL and hit the ground running. 

I like these kind of transfers because talented lower league players can have great potential and represent great value but it is obvious that these kind of players will need to develop and therefore require patience.  I'm sure that JJ was never intended to play week in, week out so soon.

Justin's development has been accelerated due to injuries and he taken his chance with both hands.  He looks a great player.  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Foxxed said:

I don't want to see Ricardo go but if we sell a big name at the every season Ricardo is the only player who has a ready made replacement.

I think their strengths are very different though.
Ricardo is probably the best ball carrier in the team, along with Maddison, and is brilliant at cutting inside, overlapping and even crossing. Justin's strengths are his amazing speed, stamina, versatility and mentality. He's showing us this season that he's very capable of supporting the attacks down the channels (Brighton was a high point). If he can also develop into a regular goal threat, phwoah, then we have a helluva player here.

Very encouraged by his form and excited about his further development :scarf:

• Like 1

I was very much against any suggestion of Ricardo playing further up the pitch, but Justin's improvement now makes that a possibility to explore as it is no longer a given that Ricardo walks back into the team as a full back, especially following a long term injury where he'll take time getting up to his level.

11 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

Shows the difference between impatient,easily frustrated fans..

than  those seeing,recognising potential,  then willing to sit back,encourage and give Time  & patience  Watch that potential develope and grow...!!

I understand your point.

Personally I didn’t see Justin being the type of footballer that he’s shown he is so far this season.

He looked steady defensively and average going forward, he’s proved me wrong.

I never called him out to be poor though and having an opinion on a player after a full season at the club is justified, although those opinions can clearly be wrong. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, don_danbury said:

"slagging off" new players is virtually a right of passage on FT. lol

Even Ricardo and Soyuncu got slagged off in their first few games. It's getting to the point, we should be worried if a new player isn't slagged off.

• Haha 1