Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

James Justin

1 minute ago, Deeg67 said:

JJ won’t likely be himself until next season, and I doubt the other four guys are all still here then.

Like with Perriera, took him a good while to hit his stride again, at the time Justin and Castange were make shift with injuries but I think I edge slightly towards this pairing than Castange and Perriera or Justin and Perriera.

1 hour ago, Deeg67 said:

I don’t know why Ricardo is so comically underrated here, but for me he, Youri and Iheanacho are the first three names on the sheet for matches that really matter.  Everyone one you fit in around that.

I'm still not convinced he's a wingback which is bizarre given he's considered a very attacking full back that can play on the wing. Maybe it's just the level of performances aren't yet where they were pre-injury but the same with Castagne and Thomas and won't even discuss Bertrand but they are much better full backs than they are wingers. Justin probably the only one who has put in a number or good stints as a wing back for us. Maybe 3-4-3 would help if we have to play 3 CB's.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I'm still not convinced he's a wingback which is bizarre given he's considered a very attacking full back that can play on the wing. Maybe it's just the level of performances aren't yet where they were pre-injury but the same with Castagne and Thomas and won't even discuss Bertrand but they are much better full backs than they are wingers. Justin probably the only one who has put in a number or good stints as a wing back for us. Maybe 3-4-3 would help if we have to play 3 CB's.

Ricardo is better as a fullback, I agree, but playing five at the back seems to be the only way our genius manager will use Kelechi from the start so for now, he’s a wingback.  He’s still one of the first three names on the sheet for me.

17 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Yes, I have to go with that too. Ricardo is no winger and for me, a wing back only out of necessarity even when fully fit. He seems far more defensively sound as a fullback in a 4 and appears to produce far more devastating attacking runs from deep, almost as if taking the opposition by surprise. 

I also think that on the left, if fully fit, JJ is a far better option than Castagne. JJ for me prior to injury seemed just about to grab his England debut there so good were his performances. Castagne did well against Man United there but at other times has just looked as if he's doing a job and doesn't look natural or comfortable. 

Edited by volpeazzurro
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

Ricardo is better as a fullback, I agree, but playing five at the back seems to be the only way our genius manager will use Kelechi from the start so for now, he’s a wingback.  He’s still one of the first three names on the sheet for me.

The 3 indispensables for me currently are Evans, Tielemans and Iheanacho but this changes. We've a core of hugely important/irreplaceable players which is understandable for a successful team of our size.

Out of interest how else would you play to get Iheanacho in a front 2? I've worked it through and no system is currently ideal for every other important player of ours. Tricky.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

The 3 indispensables for me currently are Evans, Tielemans and Iheanacho but this changes. We've a core of hugely important/irreplaceable players which is understandable for a successful team of our size.

Out of interest how else would you play to get Iheanacho in a front 2? I've worked it through and no system is currently ideal for every other important player of ours. Tricky.

I think there are ways to make it work as a 4-4-2 or even a 4-2-3-1 using Kelechi as a 10.  But yes, there is no formation that allows us to get our best 10 field players in their best roles.  As I’ve said before, the squad Is ill-balanced at the moment.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I was looking at the man City line up and formation. Our equivalent would be

Schmeichel

Ricky Ev soy timmy

Ndidi

Madder youri

Daka vardy kels

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, FOXSE said:

I was looking at the man City line up and formation. Our equivalent would be

Schmeichel

Ricky Ev soy timmy

Ndidi

Madder youri

Daka vardy kels

For the Man City formation surely it would be no strikers? Or your only striker on the wing 😂 

Iheanacho - Lookman - Barnes front 3 anyone? 

Agree with the rest, even got a RB at LB

Edited by Foxes96
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

I think there are ways to make it work as a 4-4-2 or even a 4-2-3-1 using Kelechi as a 10.  But yes, there is no formation that allows us to get our best 10 field players in their best roles.  As I’ve said before, the squad Is ill-balanced at the moment.

The question was 'how'

43 minutes ago, Foxes96 said:

For the Man City formation surely it would be no strikers? Or your only striker on the wing 😂 

Iheanacho - Lookman - Barnes front 3 anyone? 

Agree with the rest, even got a RB at LB

Haha, I see your point! It was just the general line up I used and wondered what it would look like with our players... I just went for these, but we have options!

On 26/10/2021 at 22:04, Ric Flair said:

Good luck Brendan Rodgers trying to keep 5 full backs happy. 

I don’t think it’s that hard.
Bertrand knows he’s signed for us for his final pay cheque. He won’t be throwing his toys out of the pram, regardless of what game time he gets.

Thomas is the other end of the spectrum. He’s happy. He’s already clocked up more minutes than most have, at his age.

When all 5 are fit, Ricardo, Castagne and Justin are our top picks, and it’s more than useful that two of them can play both left and right.
Plenty of games for them all to be happy this season.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Big Dave said:

Do we have any idea when JJ may be back in contention for a starting place?  I know he is in training, but not sure what level of fitness he has yet.

i would say about 3 or 4 weeks. You might see him getting a 10 mins here and there for the Under 23's. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

i would say about 3 or 4 weeks. You might see him getting a 10 mins here and there for the Under 23's. 

Well it would be perfect if he is able to play from late November when we have so many games. To be able to play two from Ricky P, Chestnuts and JJ, so each one gets every third game off, would be fantastic