Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Izzy

Villa (A) Pre-Match Thread

24 minutes ago, bennytwohats said:

The closest thing to title contenders maybe, but the gap to Liverpool isn’t getting any smaller, and there is little to suggest that it will.

Liverpool are flying at the moment, but it's a long season and if we win today - and on Boxing Day - well, who knows?

They haven't had to deal with too much adversity yet. And I just get the feeling that our lot are massively confident in their own 

ability.

I'm worried about Villa, but I'm regularly pleasantly surprised by our own resilience.

Today will tell us a lot.

We are where we want to be, a cup would be quality and the title a dream yet again but if things go against us today I will not let it taint my view on this season so far and where we are, if we win:thumbup: then I'll be more than happy, especially if Vardy continues his scoring streak.

Potentially a very tough one here.

We are due to slip up sooner or later so this is a game that could catch us out.

We have been far better than Villa for a good 5 years but a game away to them takes on a life of its own. From Decemeber 2015 to February 2016 we beat 4 of the biggest clubs in the league but drew with the worst Villa team of the Premier League era (and one of the worst Premier League era teams full stop). 

They have played reasonably well lately and if we concede early it could be a long afternoon. 

On the flip side if we bring our A game then we are more than capable to win. Would swap Tielemans for Praet.  

Hopefully we can keep up the pressure on Liverpool.

I’m not a doom-monger. However, I am quite unhappy about playing Villa today though. 

I just think they’ll set out to get amongst us and unsettle us. 

Not sure if it’s only ever seeing their highlights on MOTD (and them not looking too bad), the fact that their games appear to have been close or what, I don’t know. 

Delighted to be proven wrong. 2-1 Villa 🙈

Edited by Mickey O'Neil

47 minutes ago, Farrington fox said:

Can't get the thought of being 6 pts clear in second out of my head. Will it happen? we're gonna slip up sooner or later, surely......

Which is why it's so important getting the points on the board now, just incase we do slip up sooner or later.

I think every game is 'dodgy' and today is no different but we really do need to capitalise on those below being so poor.

Whether we slip up or not i'm coming the conclusion Liverpool aren't going to slip up because they seem to be scraping results (as have we in the last couple of games) and getting the luck (as have we on odd occasions this season - Liverpool more so though) but that buffer to those below us is key.

Just now, OadbyBlue said:

https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=327171.0 I had no idea liverpool hated villa so much

Everyone hates Villa, Vile club.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

You won't expect this team lads

Justin for Ricardo. Mendy in for Ndidi. Gray up front. Vardy benched. There: my expectations are so low I doubt I can be shocked or disappointed!

• Haha 4