Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Izzy

Villa (A) Pre-Match Thread

41 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Go for Praet in for Youri and give him a rest. If Gray is fit I'd give him a pop in front of Perez as well. Chillwell back in for Fuchs if he's over his knock.

I'd agree with this.

Youri is quality but he did look a little leggy on Wednesday night. Praet is great replacement.

Gray deserves a chance from the start although his fitness may be in question given he's missed the last 2. Possibly Albrighton against his old club....?

Schmeichel

Ricardo

Evans

Soyuncu

Chilwell/Fuchs

Ndidi

Barnes

Praet

Maddison

Albrighton

Vardy

Subs: Ward, Morgan, Justin, Choudhury, Tielemans, Perez, Iheanacho

Need to rest a couple and would like to see Barnes on the right.

2-0 win. Vardy and Barnes 

On 05/12/2019 at 00:51, UPinCarolina said:

Start this one with Praet in for Youri, Gray on the pitch, Nacho for Perez, Chilly back on, and Justin in for Ricardo?

Four changes to a team that won 7 on the bounce???????

On 05/12/2019 at 09:06, deanolegend1989 said:

Barring the 9-0 I’d disagree.

we were awful at OT, never looked like winning at Anfield, Palace we played a great professional ‘away’ performance but before a set piece we hadn’t looked like scoring, Brighton away we weren’t great until we scored either.

Home we’d been convincing barring Tonight. Everton I think we played well and that’s a great result considering how hard it is to break down a defence with a lead..same as Burnley.

Away we’ve soaked up oppositions attacks well but if we had conceded away first in any of the recent games , we would be unlikely to win imo.

this will be a tough game vs villa

We were poor at OT because we played two DMs to protect Soyuncu, something that won't be happening that regularly.

Palace & Brighton we controlled the games.

Not sure what you base your claim about us not being able to win games should we go behind on.

We have conceded 9 goals so the chance is that we are unlikely to go behind in the first place.

You must be watching a different Leicester side to me.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Depends. Soyuncu Evans and one of Chilwell/Fuchs/Benkovic

Benkovic has yet to play

Fuchs is and always has been suspect in a back three.

Why are some posters determined to bring in unblooded players and change the formation?

• Like 4

Just now, hackneyfox said:

Benkovic has yet to play

Fuchs is and always has been suspect in a back three.

Why are some posters determined to bring in unblooded players and change the formation?

Well for starters, I didn't say I'm determined for it to happen. Secondly, I was just floating it as an idea to break down tougher defences, seeing as we used it already against Everton and sort of against Watford. I'd be perfectly happy if we never started with a 352 all season.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hackneyfox said:

Four changes to a team that won 7 on the bounce???????

We were poor at OT because we played two DMs to protect Soyuncu, something that won't be happening that regularly.

Palace & Brighton we controlled the games.

Not sure what you base your claim about us not being able to win games should we go behind on.

We have conceded 9 goals so the chance is that we are unlikely to go behind in the first place.

You must be watching a different Leicester side to me.

Yep with our defence and Wilf, not many teams score 2 against us, hence we should always be in it so 1 or 2 goals for us does the job currently.  Came from behind to beat Burnley I believe.

Yep Palace and Brighton spot on, I was there, Palace we controlled it and Brighton gave Ryan MOM, strange choice as we beat them 2-0, but shows who did the most work on the day.

I get the impression Brendan just doesn't change starting line ups from his preferred 11, this will be tougher, he might change for Norwich at home or the cup, but he will want to win this but will know it won't be easy.

2 hours ago, PhillippaT said:

Should we hope it'll be raining again?  (I'm pretty glad I'm not living in Sileby anymore - I remember what it was like when everywhere flooded...)

Does Sileby flood a lot @PhillippaT? Sorry I'm off topic here but just looked at a nice house there.