Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Izzy

Villa (A) Pre-Match Thread

19 minutes ago, Sean2000 said:

Ron Saunders has died today. Guessing a minute's silence or applause tomorrow. Quite right too. 

Yeah, a minutes applause, black armbands etc. 
Sad news, Saunders is a legend at Villa. Will be emotional for them tomorrow.

Rodgers has his pre-Match pep-talk( no Pun intended)......Pins up the Chelsea & Man.City results,first!!!

Then as a 2nd warning....the Spurs result..!!  We aint yet Halfway through the season. Lads...Irish and Not French intensiteee!!:)

This is going to be a difficult game.  Villa has been playing better and better and starting to get results - and they will - they are a solid side with some good players like Grealish, McGinn and Mings.  They are coming together after a big transfer windown in August.  Unless we are at our best (eg. the midweek performance would not be good enough), I am afraid we could well be disappointed.   

As long as wilf doesn't trip grealish up edge of the box we will be fine I think ,.Open play we should have plenty to do the job.

Watched most of Man City game and they looked a lot lot  better with Riyad on but he just doesn't fit the starting line up

In the pub last night with an ex villa player got a vey nice medal -answers on a postcard please .

3 minutes ago, David Hankey said:

A BBC sportswriter has written that Manc City's defeat today has "dented" their title hopes. I wonder if, in the unlikely event, Leicester City lose tomorrow that he will write the same again?!!

Man City are defending champions with a long history of winning the league. We've only been in the Champions League places since the start of the season.

(And, of course, BBC sportwriters address the biggest audience, and between us and Man City you know who is bigger)

30 minutes ago, dynamark said:

As long as wilf doesn't trip grealish up edge of the box we will be fine I think ,.Open play we should have plenty to do the job.

Watched most of Man City game and they looked a lot lot  better with Riyad on but he just doesn't fit the starting line up

In the pub last night with an ex villa player got a vey nice medal -answers on a postcard please .

PW ?

DM ?

14 minutes ago, reynard said:

Grealish is in the form of his life at the moment and they have a decent team. We look a bit jaded and think the winning run will come to an end. Not an especially happy hunting ground either,

But he hasn’t met a certain Wilfred Ndidi yet has he! 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Foxxed said:

Man City are defending champions with a long history of winning the league. We've only been in the Champions League places since the start of the season.

(And, of course, BBC sportwriters address the biggest audience, and between us and Man City you know who is bigger)

What bollocks!! A "long history", they only started winning anything when the new money was pumped in. A long history to me is decades.