Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Izzy

Villa (A) Pre-Match Thread

1 hour ago, FoyleFox said:

Does Sileby flood a lot @PhillippaT? Sorry I'm off topic here but just looked at a nice house there.

The village itself doesn't really flood as far as I know, but the road out to Mountsorrel does flood often near the A6 junction, and less often the road from Cossington to Rothley does, as well.

• Thanks 1

On 05/12/2019 at 09:19, deanolegend1989 said:

Just never was convinced. Other than Everton I’ve never been in any way worried we weren’t going to win each home game. I think we played fairly poorly vs Watford but we almost knew it would come , we were comfortable.

I think at both Palace and Brighton it felt like we needed a goal quick and both times it arrived but I’d argue at home we’ve been a lot better.

I think away I’d say 2nd half at the Bridge, Southampton and 2nd half at Palace we’re probably the only times I felt we looked good and convincing away

... totally agree!! 

We are looking a bit jaded and very much leggy at the moment. Our performances have tailed off, Tielemanns appears spent and we are looking stale. 

Praet to come in to replace Tielemanns, Albrighton to replace Barnes on the left with Barnes switching to the right. We need to change it up but the formation stays the same. 

11 hours ago, rutland is blue said:

Quick one, probably been discussed but can’t be arsed to read the whole thread - what’s the deal with boozers Sunday? Everyone drinking in the city centre or in Aston? 

Outside of New Street station, head for either Bennett’s Hill where there is Briar Rose Wetherspoons, Lost and Found or Cosy Club or head for Temple Street where there is Head of Steam, Botanist and Flight Club amongst others. There’s also the German Market for a pint

1 hour ago, Pliskin said:

Praet could be ideas for this game, I’d even be tempted to change the formation. Their threat mainly comes from their midfield spear headed by Tommy Shelby, if we can put a stop to that then we will be fine!

Yes I think preat brings some invention. I would play him for your for this.  I would also play hamza for ayoze

Hoping the News Brendan has committed himself to the foxes long term gives the lads a real boost to win this game convincingly, but Villa has been one of those teams I cringe when we play them.

Villa seem to be a real bogey team for us they seem to up their game against us, But if we can hit them hard from the start keep the defence our usual brick im sure we can come away with something hopefully all 3 points!

We really need to nullify Grealish as most things come from his boots when he plays well so does Villa, seeing this one a low scoring game thinking we will grab a cheeky 0-1 with this hope I’m wrong and we win impressively as I know the stick I’ll get at work Monday if we don’t win this one !

So crossing everything that can be crossed we can come away with the 3 points hoping Vards gets goal no 8 on the bounce !!

COME ON YOU BLUES !!!!

5 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Chillwell’s injury is his hip .... that’s what was troubling him earlier in the season 

Shame he hasn’t managed to get over it .... playing twice in a week for England wouldn’t have helped 

maybe we see more of Fuchs and Justin on that side next few games ....

He must've been giving someone an intense horse ride.