Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Izzy

Villa (A) Pre-Match Thread

Just can't get my head around us winning this and making it EIGHT on the trot. Surely the streak has to end sometime?

Got a feeling Villa will be up for this and we're starting to look a bit tired

1-1

Edited by Izzy

I agree with the OP. The last couple of games we’ve won but haven’t looked entirely on form. You can argue that’s a sign of a good side, but you could equally argue it’s a sign of tiredness. 

Really hoping we can keep the run going through Villa and Norwich over the next couple of weeks so that we can go into the Man City and Liverpool games in touch of the top. Fingers crossed! 

Edited by rn9013
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Kopfkino said:

Anything like today and we lose. 

No i disagree. we were never troubled at the back, in complete control of the game just struggled to break down their two defensive lines squeezing the available space for our creative players to operate in. I think Villa will be more open and we will take advantage. Not saying it will be an easy win but i fancy us take all three points. 1-3 with Vardy to continue his charge towards the Golden boot

• Like 2

I still remember that hideous 2-1 defeat there with Alan flipping Hutton scoring the winner.

They hadn't scored in the second half in front of the Holte End since 1968 or something silly like that.

During our miserable run in 14/15 after the Man United 5-3.

• Like 1

I think the winning streak ends here, but not necessarily Vardy's run. So 1-1 with Vardy to bag for us.

7 wins in a row is already a club record so although I'd make us the favourites, eventually we will drop some more points to clubs outside the current top 4. Hopefully by the start of the new year we are still somewhat in contention for the title, even if it's likely to be 10 or so points behind the leaders. If we were still within 8 by the time we get to 2020 I'd say we'd have done pretty well, and of course I secretly hope we can have another miracle!

4 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

I think the winning streak ends here, but not necessarily Vardy's run. So 1-1 with Vardy to bag for us.

7 wins in a row is already a club record so although I'd make us the favourites, eventually we will drop some more points to clubs outside the current top 4. Hopefully by the start of the new year we are still somewhat in contention for the title, even if it's likely to be 10 or so points behind the leaders. If we were still within 8 by the time we get to 2020 I'd say we'd have done pretty well, and of course I secretly hope we can have another miracle!

Pfft no faith! 2-0 to us!

• Haha 1

Kasper

Ric Evans Soy Chill

Wilf

Mads Praet  Barnes

Nacho Vardy

Youri looks like he needs a rest, has started ever game this year in all comps, Perez is just being so wasteful in front of goal, Id give Nacho a run and also we are starting to struggle to break teams down as I think they're figuring us out a bit now given we've been playing the same 11 and formation for a few months now, maybe time to mix it up a bit to keep things fresh.

• Like 3

Guest Eamonn

Agree Tielemans looks knackered.  i think he played twice for Belgium a couple of weeks back. I think id play Maddison up eith Vardy and bring Allbrighton in on the wing. He'd be up for a game v Villa.

Just now, Eamonn said:

Agree Tielemans looks knackered.  i think he played twice for Belgium a couple of weeks back. I think id play Maddison up eith Vardy and bring Allbrighton in on the wing. He'd be up for a game v Villa.

good shout. just the sort of factor Brendan would consider. wouldn't need much motivating