Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Izzy

Villa (A) Pre-Match Thread

Kasper

Morgan          Soyuncu           Fuchs

Albrighton                                                       Justin

Praet                    Choudury               Gray

Vardy         Iheanacho

Make some wholesale changes and give players a good rest. Maddison looked tired vs Watford.

I am more than happy to see wholesale changes within our squad. That's how confident I am of our squad.

Even go as far as giving Ward game.

I love our current squad. We really do have a well balanced team not just our first 11

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, deanolegend1989 said:

Barring the 9-0 I’d disagree.

we were awful at OT, never looked like winning at Anfield, Palace we played a great professional ‘away’ performance but before a set piece we hadn’t looked like scoring, Brighton away we weren’t great until we scored either.

Home we’d been convincing barring Tonight. Everton I think we played well and that’s a great result considering how hard it is to break down a defence with a lead..same as Burnley.

Away we’ve soaked up oppositions attacks well but if we had conceded away first in any of the recent games , we would be unlikely to win imo.

this will be a tough game vs villa

Fair enough. I've not been to any aways this season and actually not seen the matches bar highlights on Youtube or MOTD so basing more on results here.

Taken from the Villa forum!

Always looked to this one as the most likely win of the last 3 games.

They can’t win 8 in a row, They need reminding we are the biggest club in the whole of the Midlands.

1-0 McGinn

Done nothing for years and still think they’re the dogs bollocks, just like the Forest fans used to be.

Edited by dayday
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, dayday said:

They can’t win 8 in a row, They need reminding we are the biggest club in the whole of the Midlands.

1-0 McGinn

Do nothing for years and still think they’re the dogs bollocks, just like the Forest fans used to be.

In defence of Villa fans - this post is probably tongue in cheek and their last 2 games have been United and Chelsea away, its a reasonable call to say us at home is the most likely win of those 3 (even if they are going to eat their words)

4 minutes ago, dayday said:

1-0 McGinn

Done nothing for years and still think they’re the dogs bollocks, just like the Forest fans used to be.

Excellent bit of Wumming this. Lot of time for it. 

16 minutes ago, dayday said:

1-0 McGinn

self awareness is obviously not a strength of this particular Villa supporter

EDIT: Good point made about the previous two games and the wumming though. 

Edited by Jacnah

55 minutes ago, dayday said:

1-0 McGinn

Was this villa fan in a coma for the 2015/1016 season or what.

1 hour ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Nooooo - have to disagree here.

We're on a run of momentum, if we make changes let's keep them to a minimum for now to keep the momentum going.

In most cases I would agree. All i'm saying is if that was the line up I wouldn't mind. We have a squad that can compete and with Man City and Liverpool coming up there is no harm in making wholesale changes. 

Don't forget these players would want to give Brendan something to think about. I would expect them to play out their skin as if to say 'don't forget about me'.

Right now im just loving being a Leicester fan. I don't feel the pressure to chase Liverpool so its a nice position to be in.

Looking at Villa this season they seem to be doing ok but results don't tend to reflect that. Its definitely a dangerous fixture and one I could see us dropping points if we don't improve on our last couple of overall performances.

If we're defensively solid then we will win cause we can definitely get at them at the back.

41 minutes ago, Nalis said:

They are the biggest club in the midlands though....just not the best.

All they have is a bigger stadium, they have alot of nearby teams like Birmingham, West Brom, Wolves so support in the city is spread about. I expect if we sorted our stadium out we would have bigger attendances and be on par. Doesn't seem to be happening though.

1 minute ago, RowlattsFox said:

Looking at Villa this season they seem to be doing ok but results don't tend to reflect that. Its definitely a dangerous fixture and one I could see us dropping points if we don't improve on our last couple of overall performances.

If we're defensively solid then we will win cause we can definitely get at them at the back.

We all know what its like at Home now. Teams will come and defend. I feel that Villa fans wont want their team to set up defensively at home. Which will allow us to express ourselves. 

Even though we are on a great run this is one of those games that is a big banana skin. 

Tbh all I want at the moment is for Vardy to break the record. Wouldn't it be incredible if he beat his own record