Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Izzy

Villa (A) Pre-Match Thread

4 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Midfield which consists of McGinn and a decent player in Douglas Luiz. Their full backs can be targeted but they have an England international and an England youth international at centre back. They aren’t shabby. This is from

someone who generally detests their fans arrogance

No they aren’t shabby, but we are better in all areas. Our defence is better by a mile. Our midfield even better and we operate with one of the worlds best strikers up front. None of that means we will win, it only means we should. Villa are capable of good performances. On the day, if both teams perform, we should come out on top. But it’s football, funny old game. 

18 minutes ago, KingsX said:

Neutralizing Grealish will be half the battle.  Play Praet -- an excellent pressing and tackling mid who also offers passing range -- rather than an obviously tired Youri.

Agree with this, stop Grealish and McGinn and you pretty much neutralise Villa on the whole.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, KingsX said:

Neutralizing Grealish will be half the battle.  Play Praet -- an excellent pressing and tackling mid who also offers passing range -- rather than an obviously tired Youri.

McGinn too.

3 hours ago, kingcarr21 said:

Kasper

Morgan          Soyuncu           Fuchs

Albrighton                                                       Justin

Praet                    Choudury               Gray

Vardy         Iheanacho

Make some wholesale changes and give players a good rest. Maddison looked tired vs Watford.

I am more than happy to see wholesale changes within our squad. That's how confident I am of our squad.

Even go as far as giving Ward game.

I love our current squad. We really do have a well balanced team not just our first 11

thats pure AIDS.. that team would get relegated. you should feel ashamed of yourself lol 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Dahnsouff said:

Would start Albrighton, absolutely no doubt and go crazy lopsided, Youri needs a rest (So does Maddison, butr next game maybe)

image.png.ceee0ed720cd03e3ac31e9b590370230.png

6 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

'kin hell is this?

What's wrong with it?

Feldman.png

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

'kin hell is this?

I have 18 special stones.

Each stone has a players name on it.

I throw 11 of them onto a special table

Where they land, this is the way we need to play

It is foretold

• Haha 2

I’d say Perez’s place is under threat because of poor form and Tielemans’ because he looks tired.

Praet was not great last night, I have to say, but he has been in other games so is the obvious replacement for his Belgian mate - though Hamza could get the nod instead.

As for replacing Perez, I guess Albrighton is a decent shout given his Villa connections. I doubt Rodgers will want to tamper with his favoured 4-5-1/4-3-3 from the start but the great cameos from Iheanacho and Justin, plus the experience of Fuchs, show that he has lots of options.

Players who cannot be rested: Ricardo, Evans, Soyuncu, Ndidi, Vardy. And Schmeichel rarely has anything to do anyway so he won’t be tired!

Anyway, I trust Rodgers to make the right call. He has messed up once this season - at Old Trafford - but has made up for that faux pas on countless occasions since. His in-game management is just fantastic.

This is a tough game but they will fear us more than we fear them.

• Like 2

Out of all our attacking players I would say Perez has been the weakest link for me recently so because of that I'd put him on the bench to start with. 

If we play like we did against Watford and Everton we'll lose this. I never really fancy us against Villa and in my lifetime I can't remember us putting in many good performances against them :mellow:

7 hours ago, kingcarr21 said:

Kasper

Morgan          Soyuncu           Fuchs

Albrighton                                                       Justin

Praet                    Choudury               Gray

Vardy         Iheanacho

It's very clever the way you've done it in the shape of a wreath

• Haha 2

Guest An Sionnach

Same team , same bench , same tactics , the ball hits Perez on the backside in the 30th minute and goes in. Villa huff and puff for 60 mins , Vardy makes it two in the 93rd. minute with his second touch of the match. Jonny Evans gets a standing ovation from the home fans (for dumping WBA.)

Edited by An Sionnach