Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Izzy

Villa (A) Pre-Match Thread

1 hour ago, Happy Fox said:

We are a better away team than at home tbh, Villa will be more open with them being at home, we can hit them on the counter more; 3-1 City win

We've won all our home games since drawing 0-0 on the opening weekend so that's not statistically true. That said I know what you mean, we've looked more convincing on the road as of late despite picking up win after win at the KP.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Harry96 said:

Tough game this maddison vs grealish. Midfield battle will be intriguing to see as their midfield is really good like ours 

We’ve got N’Didi to combat Grealish dictating play and driving forward into dangerous areas. Villa will struggle to contain our midfield on the whole.

• Like 1

Reading through the thread has led me to the conclusion that I must be one of the scant few (if not the only one) not overly impressed with Villa's performances this season, and believe that if we get off to a good start we win in a canter.

Also, I would stick with Tielemans starting over Praet at Villa Park, the former's pedestrian showing tonight notwithstanding, and let him play (rather than sit) his way back into the quality we all know he's capable of. The chance that fell to Praet tonight would have most likely been handily dispatched by Tielemans. Nothing against Praet, who is quality himself, but there is the League Cup game against Everton to rest Tielemans.

I would however start Gray (if fully fit) over Perez at Villa Park.

Edited by NaijaFox

6 hours ago, Manini said:

Just want to mention, Vardy has every chance of scoring 100 goals in 200 premier league games. That’s a phenomenal return. He’s got 9 games to score 6 goals. 

He’s already have it but for the period when we let Mahrez take some shite penalties to stop him sulking 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, UPinCarolina said:

Start this one with Praet in for Youri, Gray on the pitch, Nacho for Perez, Chilly back on, and Justin in for Ricardo?

I personally wouldn’t make 5 changes, Chilly and Praet yes, Gray if fit coming on. I just think anymore than that disturbs the team too much. See what Brendan decided 😊🦊

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Leeds Fox said:

We’ve got N’Didi to combat Grealish dictating play and driving forward into dangerous areas. Villa will struggle to contain our midfield on the whole.

Agreed. Our midfield is far superior on the whole. 

Grealish is good though. But if wilf sticks with him he can keep him quiet playing as he is at the minute. In fact N'didi doesnt even look like he's trying that hard and is still bossing it.