Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
baazzaa

Mobile phone reception at the KP

Its like that in most stadiums and even big outdoor gigs, particularly on o2.

Dont know how loads of people are even able to keep tabs on their bets during a game, let alone why they would want to as opposed to watching it in the first place.

2 hours ago, Costock_Fox said:

Just watch the game?

What is there to watch at half time? Such a lazy argument to make tbh

When a player is down injured I'll check my phone. At half time I'll attempt to check my phone but the signal is usually poor. Used Brighton's free WiFi a few weeks ago. It was reliable internet, bit strained at half time but LOW AND BEHOLD I didn't check my phone every two seconds just because I had signal.

100% agree that phones are a drag on the viewing experience; people checking their accas and filming bloody penalties, corners etc (which not even no signal is going to stop).

1 hour ago, kingcarr21 said:

Go on a stadium tour and find the wifi password on a piece of paper in the break room. Mine has been working all season so far lol 

Likewise! I feel so smug :)

(disclaimer - this is for strictly before the match and in the five minute intervals when checking VAR). 

5 hours ago, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

Hopefully, when they expand the stadium, they will upgrade this aspect. The Dallas Cowboys stadium seats 100k, and you can upload videos!

I was told that this isnt going to happen because the PL dont want people live streaming and also the bookies dont want people beating their guys in the stand and betting on something that has already happened . Google court siding.

11 minutes ago, pleatout said:

I was told that this isnt going to happen because the PL dont want people live streaming and also the bookies dont want people beating their guys in the stand and betting on something that has already happened . Google court siding.

It's interesting, in that the NFL had these same concerns, but realized having social media flooded with people at the games was worth the price. As for the courtsiding, that possibility will be figured into the price (and the kind of bets that courtsiding really affects are poison to the industry already).

4 hours ago, Footballwipe said:

What is there to watch at half time? Such a lazy argument to make tbh

When a player is down injured I'll check my phone. At half time I'll attempt to check my phone but the signal is usually poor. Used Brighton's free WiFi a few weeks ago. It was reliable internet, bit strained at half time but LOW AND BEHOLD I didn't check my phone every two seconds just because I had signal.

100% agree that phones are a drag on the viewing experience; people checking their accas and filming bloody penalties, corners etc (which not even no signal is going to stop).

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, pleatout said:

@Gerard

:whistle:

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, abc said:

If you drop your phone down to receiving 3G in the settings then you will get a much better bandwidth than 4G. Just remember to change it back to 4G when you leave the stadium.

Big Mouth....

Don't tell everyone

• Sad 1