Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Parafox

What Are You Doing For Christmas?

Just going to be me, my wife, and our 2 daughters this year. Trying to think of how we're going to fill a day of **** all to do. Christmas is so dull when your parents are gone and your kids are grown up.

Edited by Parafox

Just try to enjoy the nothingness of it. Thats my favourite part.

Time off with no responsibility.

Mindless tv, too much food....

My kids arr much younger though, but i also enjoy my wife going shopping with her friend keaving the kids with me. Pj day.

(Disclaimer: i run my own stressful business and start getting bired aroubd 27th but bring work home to do but at my leisure, and i cherry pick the nice work to do)

• Like 2

Probably watch my teenage daughters anxiety and OCD get progressively worse as she screams the house down for 2 1/2 weeks non stop

Try and refrain from drinking but she's driving me to it. Over two years sober now but I've never been more tempted.

Pretend I'm not working but actually I'll be working to distract myself from nightmare of interacting with said teenage daughter.

Think about going to the gym a lot but probably lie in instead

Lock myself in my man cave and watch as much football as I can

Pretend to enjoy visiting parents, friends and the wife's family

Get fvck all presents as usual but I never ask for owt so it's my fault

Enjoy giving my son his new Leicester shirt and and his old 15/16 shirt framed

• Sad 2

7 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Probably watch my teenage daughters anxiety and OCD get progressively worse as she screams the house down for 2 1/2 weeks non stop

Try and refrain from drinking but she's driving me to it. Over two years sober now but I've never been more tempted.

Pretend I'm not working but actually I'll be working to distract myself from nightmare of interacting with said teenage daughter.

Doesn’t sound too great mate.

2 weeks in Valencia. Nothing major planned,.just chill out and watch a few films and listen to a lot of music. Get out cycling if the weather plays ball, which it usually does. 

Hopefully I won't chicken out and I'll get in the sea on Christmas day for a swim. 

Eat and drink.

Edited by Soup
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Wish you luck with this one mate, hopefully you manage to get some time to relax a little.

• Thanks 1

This christmas is the first without my Grandad, so will be a bit odd even though we'd never really see him and hjs wife. 

Christmas used to be a day of family and relaxing with drinks and games but thats not happened for a few years. My dad's side of the family have been  arguing for shit over the past year or so and grandads death has just made things worse so chances of the fun christmases drinking and playing games is pretty unlikely 

Christhmas starts next saturday for me.Off work,down to Ally Pally on Sunday Morning(well Luton premier inn!)Darts sunday afternoon,the christhmas "wonderland":dry: at Hyde Park in the evening.Monday sightseeing in London with the kids.Back home for xmas eve.Mrs has to work xmas eve then a quiet xmas until jan 2,when my mum's funeral is!

Off to the Texas Hill Country to visit my sis and pack up my mom (in great health) to move her to an independent living community she picked without even letting us know.

Meanwhile, we can’t get my in-laws (failing and completely dependent) out of their old place with a crowbar.  Despite having found them a caring senior community that’s nicer digs than their house or ours.

We’ve canceled our other trips (hell, our lives) this year to attend to their real and perceived emergencies.  Which TBF is no more than millions of other people with aging parents do.  But this time we’re ****ing going.

To a pilot’s convention, basically -- brother-in-law just retired from FedEx, niece married an F-16 pilot, and nephew caught on with United Airlines.  But since pilots hardly drink, that’s more for the rest of us :cool:

Quiet for a change.

Off to see friends in Norfolk and then off to Birmingham for a few days to see my best mate .Come home Xmas eve.

My bosses Mrs committed suicide 18 months ago and he mentioned how he found it hard last Xmas,so gave him an open invitation for Xmas dinner.

Today went out on the lash and my mate who I introduced to Leicester some 20 odd years ago was saying due to upcoming divorce he will be totally on his own as his daughter is with his ex.

invited him as well.

Cambridgefox isn’t a twat at all!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, cambridgefox said:

Quiet for a change.

Off to see friends in Norfolk and then off to Birmingham for a few days to see my best mate .Come home Xmas eve.

My bosses Mrs committed suicide 18 months ago and he mentioned how he found it hard last Xmas,so gave him an open invitation for Xmas dinner.

Today went out on the lash and my mate who I introduced to Leicester some 20 odd years ago was saying due to upcoming divorce he will be totally on his own as his daughter is with his ex.

invited him as well.

Cambridgefox isn’t a twat at all!

Don’t start to question that when they don’t turn up.

• Haha 1